Weekly Questions, Beginning 19/09/2016

Getting dock favours from cards and converting them(along with 50 rostygold) for 4 supplies is the best, it’s card based though and if you want supplies right now turning secrets into them is probably the second most reliable way.

Note: you need 5 renown for the dock options, you can get to 5 renown at the carnival if you didn’t already.
edited by The Master on 9/20/2016

[quote=Valiant]
Thank you, it’s much more than I hoped for! And I totally forgot about trade secrets.[/quote]

Oh yes! Same here - I’ve sat on all but 3 of my Trade Secrets (used to make a Classic short story) for the entire game before starting to convert them only now… 12 left :D

TheFidgeting Writer is another possibility for bulk theft-free enigma production, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it unless you already have a lot of the conversion reagents already.

So what in the heck is up with this Meticulously Altered Stocking I keep seeing on profiles? I learned it was available via an access code, but is that the only way and as such is it now unavailable? Or would it also be like a Sackmas or fate locked item?

I received mine from the Advent Calendar event last year, and I know it was given out the year before as well - it may make a comeback this year!

Another question, though it’s more of a Seeking bent but I see no reason to clog up that thread when this one has questions as a purpose.

I’ve seen it said that for Seeking one should get 200 Watchful, and should even go for the Watchful Posi specialization. 1. Is the specialization even that necessary? 2. If the 200 watchful is for Winking Isle and the checks it does early on, does it have to be base watchful or does modified work? 3. Is that high watchful necessary for anything else in Seeking barring the Seeking Road-type checks for giving up ludicrous amounts of secrets/enigmas/candles/etc for a level of seeking?

That is somewhat exaggerated (*).

1. No.
  2. You do not need high Watchful for Winking Isle - in fact, you don’t need more than plain luck there.
  3. Now that is mostly what you want Watchful for - The Road. Burning secrets.

Disclaimer: Poster has not yet moved past Winking Isle. Feel free to chime in.

(*) somewhat.maybe.

EDIT: Regarding 2. - straight out of my head I cannot remember any check in the game going for base stat values instead of modified ones. Should always be the modified value that counts.
edited by Reshemin on 9/21/2016

You need to be able to get up to modified 200 Watchful to reach the requisite 77 FaM to start raising it via luck checks.

Choosing any of the POSI specializations required an unmodified 200 in the relevant stat.

Getting dock favours from cards and converting them(along with 50 rostygold) for 4 supplies is the best, it’s card based though and if you want supplies right now turning secrets into them is probably the second most reliable way.

Note: you need 5 renown for the dock options, you can get to 5 renown at the carnival if you didn’t already.
edited by The Master on 9/20/2016[/quote]
When you have London Airs 96+ you can get another Dock Favour for 3 AP using this option. Did the math and even if you get all of your Favours (and thus, Expedition supplies) from there you still have a nice EPA, but please note that this is relevant after few expeditions as you may have low value findings.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, but I got a mood card and don’t know what to use it for. Have 100% on Buccaneering and pilling my SiC for RP. :) My geared stats are 200+ except Dangerous which is a bit lower.
Any suggestions?
edited by Skinnyman on 9/21/2016

For Late Game mood use consider:

• saving up Someone is Coming and going on a Rat robbing spree
  • Frost Moth catching if you really just want a pile of wax
  • the handful of Nadir cards with high skill checks

[quote=Parelle]For Late Game mood use consider:

• the handful of Nadir cards with high skill checks[/quote]
    Number 1 and 3 are the options I was thinking of, but I don’t get the Frost Moth part.

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=Parelle]For Late Game mood use consider:

• the handful of Nadir cards with high skill checks[/quote]
    Number 1 and 3 are the options I was thinking of, but I don’t get the Frost Moth part.[/quote]

You can either hunt rats or frost moths in watchmakers hills, the reward for both increases the higher your dangerous is.

I didn’t realize that about the frost moths. I’ve drawn two mood cards this week (I mean, seriously RNG?!?!???) and didn’t have enough Someone Is Coming to be able to rob more than two or three rats. And while I will be hitting the Nadir soon it’s very nice to know there’s a grindable use for the moods.

Doh, thank you both! Even if I read on wiki about those 2-3 weeks ago seems that I forgot since I never used them!
Thank you and the card will be put to that use! Won’t use my SiC yet! :D

If you can arrange for an invitation to the Temple Club, that can be a good way to expend a mood as well.

What’s the best thing to do in the temple club?

Convert Connected:Society to Jade in a way that scales with your modified persuasive. Don’t know the exact rate, but I do remember it’s quite profitable.

Hrmm, I have been meaning to go bug my favorite juvenile and respectable lady for an invite to there at some point. I like Lore and I understand there’s some tasty words in that there Temple Club.

Convert Connected:Society to Jade in a way that scales with your modified persuasive. Don’t know the exact rate, but I do remember it’s quite profitable.[/quote]
Uh, this sounds interesting! Guessing that it’ll take some time before Society is converted to Renown and the Tomb Colonist CC isn’t fast enough, this sounds a nice way to burn some connections.
Care for a PM with more details on this matter regarding the Temple Club?

Cheers!