Weekly Questions, Beginning 18/4/2016

Boy is it ever Friday! (Sorry, folks, another big week - entirely my fault, I assure you.)

Here’s this week’s thread for simple questions and answers of relatively equal simplicity!

Core Fluke.
The way to gain it is… just buying it, right? Paying 1562 echos.
Buying 25 Diaries of Dead and exchanging at Nadir? Isn’t there a more subtle, sophisticated way than just buying it? (Other way to grind Diaries, I mean. And waiting for 25 Rare Chances when exchanging Aeolian Screams just doesn’t do it for me).

Pretty much, yeah. You could also exchange scraps for Diaries of the Dead if you aren’t trying to save up for the 3200 options.

Mm… A matter of point of view, then, I guess.
I could look at it as another goat to grind - just accumulate echos and purchase, or I could look at it as another 3200 scrap item (4000, actually).

“Ambush a few couriers for old times’ sake” has vanished from my Unfinished Business in Spite options. Has FL removed it? Why?

Hm. Gone for me as well.

I think one is gone from every “unfinished business” storylet. Mostly the “invite a player” ones.

How does Tournament of Lilies battles work? Do attackers or defenders have any advantage?

The higher your plant quality the more likely you are to win but it is also a matter of luck.

Time the Healer keeps mentioning that my Direful Refections remains unchanged at 2. When does Time the Healer ever change it?

When pails of lacre melt after Sacksmas.

Having sojourned in gaol a wee while recently, I was evicted! Whilst wearing my pirate hat… I thought that would keep me incarcerated. Was I not wearing it with enough jaunty haughtyness? or is that Haughty jauntiness…

Another question.

I’m running a Newspaper for the first time. Newspaper related oppertunity cards appear anywhere, right? I don’t need to camp Doubt Street, do I?

[quote=th8827]Another question.

I’m running a Newspaper for the first time. Newspaper related oppertunity cards appear anywhere, right? I don’t need to camp Doubt Street, do I?[/quote]

They appear everywhere.

“Ambush a few couriers for old times’ sake” has returned. Weird.

For one glorious day all couriers could roam the streets without fear.

Oh dear. I do hope they shan’t try to unionise now. That never ends well.

Oh dear. I do hope they shan’t try to unionise now. That never ends well.[/quote]

I thought for a moment all of Fallen London had given up writing letters. To my certain knowledge, none ever get through. And I suspect the Post Office has had trouble recruiting. I do hit quite hard. :)

On the topic of missing story options, I’m missing all my invite new players options since yesterday. Does anybody know why?

I believe they announced there was an issue with those between app users and browser users, and they were taken down with the moods. Should be back in a few weeks.