Weekly Questions, Beginning 17/07/2017

You can use 5 of them to do a fairly profitable heist in the Flit.

Thief’s Cache expeditions.

I spend excess on Thief Cache expeditions. Only really profitable with high watchful so you use the 3 progress option with 100% success.

Thanks all! I’ve been spending them on thieves caches but have run out of docks favours instead. Off to do heists in the flit then. Though the thieves cache uses far less actions.

RNG may always mess with you! Before getting The Gift (amaaazing!:D) I only had the henchman for extra favours, but there was a point when I had 100 supplies, 7 Dock favours, but no Criminal!
Ended up buying the other companion and even with an extra Dock source I’m down to 9 supplies, 0 Dock favours, but 7 Criminal! :) I do hope they’ll add cash in options for Criminal, Urchins and Revolutionaries after the conversion!

Not drawing your cards in the Flit then, where you can trade favours with those three factions?

But I am, but I prefer cashing in Rev connections. That’s the only reason it seems impossible for me to reach 421. Oh… and probably Liberation of the Night ~27 has something to do with it. :)

I am too, but saving it for urchins scraps as I’m grinding 3200 scrap items. Gotta catch them all!

The first 21 levels of Connected are converted to Favors at 3:1. The remaining levels of Connected are converted to levels of Renown at a 1:N ratio, where N depends on the faction. The original several factions had 5 or 6 levels of Connected per level of Renown. Everyone was rather suprised when Urchins had a ratio of 7, and then Hell had a ratio of 9 and Constables 12. Great Game had a ratio of 6.

FBG has stated that the distribution of Connected values amongst the player base effects the conversion ratio, but has not given more detail than that.

Everyone expects that the values for Society and Bohemian will be astronomical, because they’re easy to grind. Church is a bit of a wild-card: it’s not grindable, but many players have high values due to conflict cards and the Soul Trade.

How do get to New Gate Prison without getting your criminal record increased?

Unsuccessful attempts to rob the Brass Embassy.

Quick question about Heart’s Desire:

Does freeing the Prince have any effect later on, as opposed to making friends with it?
The wiki seems to indicate that the only difference is in the quirks that change as a result of your action, but since it sounds like a choice which should have some consequences, I want to make sure.

No, there’s no difference in the story whether you free the Prince or not. I don’t think there’s even a quality to track it, so it’s unlikely to come up later.

So at high enough renown for criminals you get the Merry Sort of Crime card unlocked to get an easy favor or favor trade in, but do the other factions have an unlocked card like that? I haven’t seen anything

No, it’s unique to criminals (so far).

There are some scattered renown unlocks throughout the game but most of them are 5 or 10.

After you break your relationship with someone/are no longer Seen With them, you get the “Betrayed By” quality. Does this do anything atm? Or are there any plans for it?

There’s nothing on the wiki, but it’s not exactly up to date on all the social action changes.

I just started playing The game and decided to go for exceptional Friendship because of the extra content.

I enjoyed the july story very much, but now learned that it is the second part of a three part Storyline. Now I wonder, is there any way to access the first part or is this lost forever to me?

The older stories are always eventually available for Fate (real money). Check the Season’s Hub (where you open the ES) or the Fate page.

[quote=Kulko]I just started playing The game and decided to go for exceptional Friendship because of the extra content.

I enjoyed the july story very much, but now learned that it is the second part of a three part Storyline. Now I wonder, is there any way to access the first part or is this lost forever to me?[/quote]

All three of the Season of Ruins exceptional stories will be made available for 45 Fate once the season ends. You’ll also be able to earn the end-of-season reward by completing all three stories, even if you bought some or all of the stories after the season’s end.