Weekly Questions, Beginning 17/07/2017

'tis the week of mysteries, and, thus, the week of questions! Of course, every week is the week of questions.

I’m sure I heard somewhere that you can close an Orphanage, but I can’t find the option anywhere. Is it possible, and if so, how?

Click on the Key to a Handsome Townhouse in your inventory.

Click on the Key to a Handsome Townhouse in your inventory.[/quote]
Ah, thanks! That didn’t occur to me at all for some reason.

Scheme 10 down the drain, Salon here we go! Except I’m apparently nowhere near well-connected enough. Time for some grinding.

More lame questions from yours humbly! :)

What was the first story of Season of Ruins? Trying to remember for half an hour already!

Web of the Motherlings

Hello all, I’m trying to get Stormy-Eyed and it’s been over a month since I’ve pulled a card for dreams of storms. It’s taken me 8 months to grind up 15 points of WtTS, but now it feels like grinding those last 40+ change points could take an eternity. Are there any tips/tricks to maximizing the likelihood of storm cards coming up in the deck? Thanks!

All you can do is try to minimize the number of cards in your deck. Draw cards in a location without any location-specific cards (like the Forgotten Quarter), live in a Remote Address lodging if you can, sell companions with associated cards that you don’t want, and don’t be eligible for other cards you don’t want. (For example reach Attending to the Needs of a Singular Plant 19 to not draw those cards, and if you have C: Masters 1-10 stay below 100 Proscribed Material.)

If it helps, many of the Thunder dream cards you will be playing at this point increase WtTS by two or three CP at a time, so it’s not as bad as it might look.

How do you gain wounds fast? Need to get to the place for level 40 renown constables.

If you want to die quickly, go to the carnival and gaze into Heart’s Mirror.

If you want to die quickly, go to the carnival and gaze into Heart’s Mirror.[/quote]
Thanks

Or liberally apply a Starveling Cat.

While at another attempt to get to Seeking (not SMEN) to 12 and see if there’s any card similar to the level 10 and 11 ones, I started drawing cards in Mahogany Hall to experience all options.
Seems that A Geological Expedition card refers a location that I never heard about it: Prickfinger Wastes. After a little search, I found out that it’s mentioned in Bag a Legend ambition so I didn’t read more about as I plan to build a SMEN character which will follow this one.
I was wondering if there are any more references to it or any other information at all (other stories, ES or Fate ones).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this location is mentioned in A potent possibility option on the wine card, but that’s all.
edited by Skinnyman on 7/19/2017

It’s also mentioned on one of the Intimate of Devils cards iirc. As far as I know it’s not an interesting location, just an area north of London full of sharp crystals.

I seem to recall that the more expensive of the two lodgings in Sunless Sea is in a sea-side location on the edge of the Prickfinger Wastes. I know I’ve seen it referred to in FL as well, but I can’t recall in what context.

When the next wave of renown arrives, what will happen to &quotReaping the academic benefit&quot. the option that grants 15 cp to Society, Bohemians, and Revolutionaries?

Also, what is the conversion rate of Connected to Renown when the patch hits?

We don’t know what will happen to that option, but I doubt it will hand out favors so readily, since right now there are no easily repeatable 1-actions that gain favors.
The formula is… Actually all I can come up with is the formula for converting Fahrenheit to Celsius right now. Someone else will know, but the important thing is it varies. Easily grindable things, like society, will be much steeper than something like Great Game was.

What is a good way to use criminal favours without opportunity cards? I’m at 7 and have hit the renown cap.

You could convert some expensive fabrics, I suppose.