Weekly Questions, Beginning 15/08/2016

How high is your Scholar of the Correspondence? Symphonies are good to make right up to level ten.

(do you actually want any)
edited by Teaspoon on 8/20/2016

It’s at eight. I’ll wait until it reaches ten then. Thank you! :)

Smart move. I am still banging my head against the wall for not getting SoTC to 10

You may also want one copy of each major work (poetry cycle or novel). There aren’t many (there are some!) uses for them but the Court is the only place to get them right now.

Has anyone else had problems with the Plans tab recently? I haven’t been able to load mine, and the server keeps returning Error 403 (which means “gateway timeout”) when I try.[li]

And yes, I’ve contacted Failbetter. While I’m waiting for a response, I’m just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
edited by Saklad5 on 8/20/2016

[quote=Jeremy Saklad]Has anyone else had problems with the Plans tab recently? I haven’t been able to load mine, and the server keeps returning Error 403 (which means “gateway timeout”) when I try.[li]

And yes, I’ve contacted Failbetter. While I’m waiting for a response, I’m just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
edited by Saklad5 on 8/20/2016[/quote][/li]
Nope, never noticed that. My Plans are opening properly!
Is SoTC option on Corresponding Ocelot card capped?

[li]

[/li]

Yep, at 10.

I can live with that. At least, now I have the chance to get to that sweet SoTC 10, even after messing up with Court!

Not sure if this is the right place to find an answer to this question, but I would be interested in what percentage of players is buying Exceptional Friendship and/or Fate, and what percentage never does that. Does anybody recall whether that has been mentioned before?

I don’t think that has been mentioned. You should probably make a new thread and include a poll there. (Though I have no idea how to do that, and the results will probably be skewed towards buying fate)

[quote=Arandia]Not sure if this is the right place to find an answer to this question, but I would be interested in what percentage of players is buying Exceptional Friendship and/or Fate, and what percentage never does that. Does anybody recall whether that has been mentioned before?[/quote]Failbetter once said somewhere that only 1% of registered accounts have ever bought Fate but that was before the current model of subscription was introduced. Here on the forums, you’d probably find about 50% of regular users are subscribers - but that’s just a guess, I have no real information about this either.

I hadn’t realized there were uses for those. Thank you! :)

[quote=Robin Alexander]Just wondered whether there was a reason some journal entries have different coloured permanent links?
edited by Robin Alexander on 8/21/2016[/quote]
It’s a style added to a visited link; as you know, on Google search for example, links change color after visiting them.

What’s the best/recommended way of grinding items for a Portfolio of Souls and a Books of Hidden Bodies? Last one seems more tricky than a Personal Recommendation

[quote=Sir Joseph Marlen][quote=absimiliard][quote=Sir Joseph Marlen]
Way ahead of you. I already bought 770 to add to my previous 7. (I’m legitimately curious if I should or if it’s just a dumb idea. Or both.)[/quote]

Oh, both of course. But how could it be otherwise?

(it’s probably a bad idea to actually do, but a fun one to think about nonetheless)[/quote]
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Sir~Joseph~Marlen Don’t let your dreams be dreams (I’m sorry).[/quote]
I just saw this, and I love it. Ty for the hats delicious friend.

Any recent updates on the next faction (Urchins, yes) to be converted to the Renown/Favors system? Or on adding little goodies in the vein of Rubbery Men to previously converted factions such as Criminals or Docks?

Only the fact that Urchins are next. This was mentioned some time ago (at the beginning of May), but nothing else since then.
edited by Skinnyman on 8/22/2016

When I asked about Books of Hidden Bodies, I was told that there wasn’t one. You must go from Proscribed Material and upconvert it all the way to Books. There was a card mentioned, A Fine Day in Flit, that gives Books on a rare success. Other than that, there is no source of them known to me

When I asked about Books of Hidden Bodies, I was told that there wasn’t one. You must go from Proscribed Material and upconvert it all the way to Books. There was a card mentioned, A Fine Day in Flit, that gives Books on a rare success. Other than that, there is no source of them known to me[/quote]
A trip though the wiki yielded Three Non-seasonal Methods to get the book. The first one is your best bet, as the second is random, and the third is a reward for Plant Tournament.

I was checking through my inventory to see how much I would need to sell for an overgoat (I could buy one today and have plenty left over!) and I’m very surprised by how many odd items I’ve accumulated, and I’m trying to remember how I got them.

For example, why and how would I have acquired 6 patent scrutinizers? It seems excessive, yet I have no memory of this. Also, why would I have 50 ridiculous hats? It seems like one would be sufficient for any discerning gentleperson.

I realize the fine folks of the FL forums can’t speak to my motivations in collecting inventory items, but I thought someone might be able to jog my memory.