Weekly Questions, Beginning 12/12/2016

I was wondering how to go about selling my soul to get my own infernal contract?

The difficulty is I’ve already stained my soul, so I can’t simply ask a devil to take it for me. I’m hoping to upgrade my Lodgings at the Brass Embassy this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you’ve stained your soul, You can only sell it during hallowmas, for a bit of fate. You can remove the stain in flute street for some fate though.
edited by suinicide on 12/17/2016

You can remove the Scars in Flute Street (with Fate). Stains can only be remove by playing the Flint Exceptional Story.

Also, selling a stained soul during Hallowmas is a very bad idea. Don’t do it.

Oops, thanks for the correction!

(But yes, the forgotten quarter is basically off limits if you sell a stained soul)
edited by suinicide on 12/17/2016

[quote=suinicide]Oops, thanks for the correction!
(But yes, the forgotten quarter is basically off limits if you sell a stained soul)[/quote]

The hunt goes on regardless of season I believe. So if you sell your stained soul at Hallowmas, don’t waltz into the quarter at all, not just at Hallowmas.

And just to clarify: here is how bad it can be to go into the Forgotten Quarter after selling a stained soul.

All my plans, active and completed disappeared. Help?

I remember there being a problem about using plans on both the app and the browser, but that was almost surely fixed by now, report this to Failbetter(if you didn’t already).

Hi! I just got back to this game after a three year (!!!) hiatus. I previously left because I ran out of interesting content I wanted to play, as well as breaking up with the person I liked playing with.
Well, now that I’m back there’s so many new things and I’m having a blast going through so much interesting content and I’m excited for more more more.

My question is this:
I have fate that I want to spend on stories from the Fate shop.
Does the stock of purchasable Fate exceptional stories rotate?

Currently the oldest available one seems to be Haunting of Marsh-House which was released in May 2015.
If I don’t buy that story by the end of the month, does that mean it’ll get kicked out of the store and I won’t be able to access it?

Side-question: if I buy that story with Fate, can I hold onto it until I’m ready to play it?

Thanks! So glad to be in the Neath again.

The stock does not rotate, though sometimes there are discounts. If you are an exceptional friend you get a story every month, and about three months later the stories become purchasable by fate.

If you play them during the first month as an exceptional friend, you need to play the first couple options to keep them. If you bought them with fate you can just hold onto them.

Managed to make an alliance with the Big Rat, but seems there was no Fate reward. As in this thread, people claim to have got some from the Cheesemonger, but other didn’t. Thing is I didn’t get a message, but I did get the Fate. Is this a known bug or not?
Second, as I’m ready to upgrade my lodgings to a 5 card I always wondered what happens with the cards? Not only when moving from a 5 to a 4, but what happens if I move from a 5 with full deck to a smaller one?

If you move to a lodging with a smaller hand size than the number of cards you are currently holding, you will still have all those cards, but you will only be able to see as many as your current hand size, and you won’t be able to draw any new cards until you discard/use down below your new hand size.

So if I’m in a 5 card lodging, holding 4 cards in my hand, and I move to a 3 card lodging, I will see three of those cards filling up my hand, and once I use or discard one, the fourth card will fill the slot, and once I’ve used another card, I will actually have an open slot to draw new cards into.