Weekly Questions, Beginning 12/12/2016

[quote=Kalix][quote=suinicide]
And there is not a way to permanently leave SMEN.[/quote]

Rats, OK. Thanks :smiley: appropriate, I guess, but annoying.[/quote]

Pretty sure this isn’t the case. You want the quality &quotFree of the name&quot (Freed from the name?), which you can get before even starting, as it were. The only black-frame card I ever see now is the one with the well.

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi][quote=Kalix][quote=suinicide]
And there is not a way to permanently leave SMEN.[/quote]

Rats, OK. Thanks :smiley: appropriate, I guess, but annoying.[/quote]

Pretty sure this isn’t the case. You want the quality &quotFree of the name&quot (Freed from the name?), which you can get before even starting, as it were. The only black-frame card I ever see now is the one with the well.[/quote]

I have free of the name - 9, and it still doesn’t seem to protect me. Even though I am very very free. (Having no UP on the other hand, will stop all black bordered cards as you said. But gaining a point will give you a new black card.)

Interesting. I never wanted to go there. I always get rid of UP as soon as possible. Thanks for the info.

[quote=Lollerisms]I have the option of selling my soul for a decent amount of items. While I have more than enough night-whispers and storm-threnodies to buy lacre, (as well as a few bottles of Tears), I remembered that the Sanctum requires one to be soulless.

To that end: Is it worth it?[/quote]

Since you will want to do it anyways for the lodging, why not do it on the most profitable non fate locked option? (Which is, of course, the christmas option).

So, I was doing the higher level free expedition (shrine) and had reached 13 or 14 with rivals at 8 (no surprise there, they just love me, I guess). At that point, “A sign” turned up, and afterwards, I not only had the 4 progress bonus, but the rival vanished. Not just their progress – they had disappeared completely.
Is this a known rare success? (And if not, and you think it’s a bug, forget I mentioned it. In fact, I didn’t mention it. Shrine? What shrine?)

Not according to the wiki or my limited experience with expeditions. So, probably a small glitch. You can always be helpful and let FBG know by sending an email to support@failbettergames.com. You’ve probably finished the expedition by now, so I don’t really see them taking a look at the bug making you lose anything.

I want to feed a Pail of So-Called Snow to a Malevolent Monkey.
What is the easiest way to reach the required Ruthless 4 without the use of cards?
edited by Ysrthgrathe on 12/14/2016

[quote=Ysrthgrathe]I want to feed a Pail of So-Called Snow to a Malevolent Monkey.
What is the easiest way to reach the required Ruthless 4 without the use of cards?
edited by Ysrthgrathe on 12/14/2016[/quote]
The 3rd coil, Watchmaker’s Mill, play with your Mandrake and probably more, but I hope these are enough as I can’t remember them all.
EDIT: Forgot about Recruit Clay man. I think these are the only possible options that don’t rely on a card nor other requirements.
edited by Skinnyman on 12/14/2016

Is there any way to get rid of my “Admirer of art” quality? I was on a completionist binge before I became a PoSI and before I realized it’d give me another city vice card.

I want this annoyance out of my life T_T

The annoyance will follow you forever and you will never be able to get rid of that clingy disaster.

But city vice cards don’t appear if you have a remote lodging,and you can get those at the end of sacksmas.

[quote=Silverias]Is there any way to get rid of my &quotAdmirer of art&quot quality? I was on a completionist binge before I became a PoSI and before I realized it’d give me another city vice card.

I want this annoyance out of my life T_T[/quote]

Going NORTH will also get rid of him(along with all the other cards).
edited by The Master on 12/14/2016

I haven’t seen Slowcake in ages. Has anyone figured out f gifting notability has been re-enabled?

It seems not (though someone reported it was for like 5 minutes)

Ah :( okay thank you.

[quote=The Master]

Going NORTH will also get rid of him(along with all the other cards).
edited by The Master on 12/14/2016[/quote]

I feel like that’s a bit drastic, seeing as it gets rid of everybody else too (except the postmen).

While raising ToL, is the semiotic monocle the best choice?

And is there any reason why I should use my lacre now, or can I stockpile it and use it before meeting Mr. Sacks?

While raising ToL, is the semiotic monocle the best choice?

And is there any reason why I should use my lacre now, or can I stockpile it and use it before meeting Mr. Sacks?

I got SotC level 7, so now it’s to the Court with me in an endless Symphony loop. I wondered if there’s a “guide” as to how to make the grinding less painful and more efficient? Is it maybe worth it to hover around Veilgarden for the “Caligula coffee’s house” option that raises it +25 CP on success?

I’m sure you already know this, but the University is another option, provided you’re willing to spend resources. You’ll also have to spend time recovering from your Wounds, so it may or may not be more time-efficient than writing Symphonies. I haven’t tried working at Court to gain SotC, to be frank.

This is my second Sacksmas and I’ve already collected all 5 card lodgings, all remote addresses, the S&C longbox, and the crustacean. Aside from the Noman, what other options are there for collection and bragging rights?