Weekly Questions, Beginning 11/07/2016

Here’s this week’s thread for short questions and the answering thereof! And one from PJ to get us started, from the tail end of last week’s thread: What’s the net worth of the &quotElection Resources&quot card if you intend to cash the resources in rather than use them to advance your career?

As far as I can see, it’s exchanging 12.5 echoes + an action (and a bit) for 10 echoes, so … negative, unfortunately?

As far as I can see, it’s exchanging 12.5 echoes + an action (and a bit) for 10 echoes, so … negative, unfortunately?[/quote]
or 7.5 echoes and a favor and 2 actions for 10 echoes. still terrible- the most favorable interpretation is 0.86 epa, and that’s falling to the favor fallacy. [a favor is worth more than the action to obtain it.]

A Deviless’ Serenade has nothing to do with the Intimate Devils.

In case anyone is wondering, I’ll just say that Host an Election Ball doesn’t give very much in the way of making waves.

I went from 7 to 9.

Yeah, the 15 Fate option on Where’s My Soul is the one that will get it back. A Trade in Souls does not.

But the Soul Trade does offer a card to sell your soul for something very shinny, right?

Yes, the Soul Trade unlocks a Shiny Trade for your soul if you have it.

Is it shinier that trading your soul through the regular opportunity cards?

It’s Fabulously shinning! Kittenpox is trying to get 50 of them as there’s a rumor that they can be exchanged for a 6 card lodgings. But just a rumor as it was never seen.

Is there a maximum to how far you can advance your London Electoral career standing? I have reached level 20 as a Campaigner and no longer seem to be getting any cards to further advance my career.

20 is the maximum, yeah. Congratulations!

Thanks!

Dear Friends,

Long time no see, I haven’t really followed much of the game mechanical development except for playing the monthly new story since I pretty much went everywhere except for chasing the maddening secret of the name.
I still do not intend to seek the name or anything of the sorts, but do intend to bring my stats up to 250 over this year. Any recommendations as to how to proceed?
I knew of the notability options but I wonder if there are other ways that I have missed.

Thank you all in advance.

Elifaus

The highest you can bring any stat normally is 215, by specializing in one stat and spending Notability to set it to 200 + your Notability level. You cannot change your Specialization, so it would only be the one stat, and it effect doesn’t add up if you repeat it. 250 stats are not currently possible.

Base stats over 200 aren’t possible, except for one with specialization and notability which can go up to 215, but you can get to 250 with gear … and need to do so to use the quirk polishers.

Want to add that Flint EF offers the possibility to raise Dangerous indefinitely, but requires to buy the story over and over.
If I remember, NiteBrite did this and got Dangerous to around 300 or something.
EDIT: Flint is stat cap now! Thanks to Barselaar for pointing this out.
edited by Skinnyman on 7/14/2016

[quote=Skinnyman]Want to add that Flint EF offers the possibility to raise Dangerous indefinitely, but requires to buy the story over and over.
If I remember, NiteBrite did this and got Dangerous to around 300 or something.[/quote]
NB tried to do this again recently-ish, and the boost is no longer uncapped and they were not able to gain any more levels. I don’t think anyone knows exactly what the cap is for the Flint Dangerous boost now, but it’s no longer unlimited and I wouldn’t be surprised if it no longer let you go above 200 or 215 (and, it is also extremely expensive).
edited by Barselaar on 7/14/2016

Interesting thing about grinding Investigations for the case notes - it’s good for grinding Watchful as well, so I have reached the point where the card for &quotAlmost Certainly Not a Coincidence&quot has popped up.

Is there anything I should know before grabbing it with both hands?
edited by Teaspoon on 7/15/2016

Becoming a POSI will require you to be able to get each of your stats to 100 (individually, and counting equipment). No harm in letting it wait until you are ready, however - feel free to play it.