Weekly Questions, Beginning 11/07/2016

Common consensus, from a brief googling, seems to be that Glass vs. Shroud has almost no significance. However, the threads seem to be from a while ago. Is this still the case? Is the stry incomplete? I feel like I’m going to be making a seemingly insignificant choice that will come back to bite me in the ass.

I have seen no repercussions beyond a minor difference in the Mahogany Hall Saturday show.

I’m going to have lorryloads of Collated Research by the time the election is over.

What’s this stuff good for? I’ll save some for ships and God’s editors, but shall I sell the rest?

You can combine it with some other stories for connected masters.

Thank you for your explanation.
I grinded that out years ago and I imagined that there were ways to bring all four stats above 200 since.
Now I understand that is not the case I will just continue to save up echoes then.

This may be true, in a very distant future, if the story continues.

I’m grinding Dangerous plotlines (it’s not even practical to start Marsh-Mired without Labyrinth of Tigers) and after having worked through dueling, am looking at animal capture with some dismay.

Is it practical to speed this up with the Mr Inch-favours stuff?

Time the Healer is Monday (about 36 hours from now) for me: I’ve a need for 225 cp of Making Waves to make my next level of Notablity. I’ve one free evening left and otherwise about 1000 Tales of Terror. Should I go 50p conversion cycling or is there another recommend way of getting a ton of making waves in a bit of a hurry?

I’m of course stat capped but not particularly keen on burning Fate for the job (I know about the Salon option.)
edited by Parelle on 7/17/2016

I usually upconvert TT as far as I can for MW in a hurry, which looks pretty reasonable from the wiki–not guaranteed for what you want, but pretty decent odds.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Read_out_your_Tales_of_Terror_at_a_Summerset_College_Senior_Common_Room
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Benthic's_Press
(Assuming you have the University connections, of course.)
edited by an_ocelot on 7/17/2016

Side-converting the Tales of Terror will yield 1-10 CP of MW per action. Let’s assume 5 as average.

So, to get your 225 points of mw, you’ll need to side-convert 45 times. Plenty of time to do that (unless you log in once a day).

How do I get banished from court? I am done with doing romance there, but I can’t find Making My Name anywhere, so I assume that I need to get Banished from Court for that?

You need to accept the offer to write a particular opera. You might need to write a few other things to get to that stage.

[quote=dov]Side-converting the Tales of Terror will yield 1-10 CP of MW per action. Let’s assume 5 as average.

So, to get your 225 points of mw, you’ll need to side-convert 45 times. Plenty of time to do that (unless you log in once a day).[/quote]

My luck is well under 5cp on average. I just had 1CP six times in a row! It’ll be a closer run thing than I like still.

[quote=Parelle][quote=dov]Side-converting the Tales of Terror will yield 1-10 CP of MW per action. Let’s assume 5 as average.

So, to get your 225 points of mw, you’ll need to side-convert 45 times. Plenty of time to do that (unless you log in once a day).[/quote]

My luck is well under 5cp on average. I just had 1CP six times in a row! It’ll be a closer run thing than I like still.[/quote]
Hopefully you’ll also get streaks of 10 cp a few times in a row. Good luck!

With the factions that have been converted to renown, when you betray/abandon them to switch Closest To, is there a penalty? With Connected quality, you would lose all of it.

You lose all the favours instead, not a very big deal.