Weekly Questions, Beginning 10/10/2016

[quote=sosisqua]@Felicity Hey. It’s ok, those players are probably new and use the ‘suggest a contact’ button on a social action page, which might give them your profile.
[/quote]

Thanks @sosisqua - I also now know how to reply to someone!

It varies. People come in to this game with different expectations. Some people roleplay this game and others don’t, some people are shy about sending out invitations asking for help and other people are pretty free sending things out.

Me personally, I accept basically anything, though I would get frustrated if someone kept sending me like dozens of invites that cost me menaces. I usually send a calling card first. But everyone’s different.

I would recommend:

1. Feel free to decline, or not respond to, unsolicited invites if you don’t want to participate. It makes sense that if you roleplay your character, your character wouldn’t suddenly provide an alibi for someone you’ve never talked to!

2. In your signature on these forums, say a few words about how you want to play the game. You can see people saying a variety of things here - for example, a few posts up in this thread, Sara has a signature that says “Please do not send SMEN, cat boxes, or Affluent Reporter requests. All other social actions are welcome.” You might want put a sentence or two in your signature describing how you want to be interacted with. Sounds like you would want to say “Interested in social actions, like a cup of coffee or a calling card or seeing a forbidden play! But I prefer to role play and get to know you before asking or receiving help with menaces or other troubles.” That way people who see you on the forums know.

Thanks for the tip @Amalgamate! I have just changed it!

[quote=sosisqua]
A question to more experienced Londoners. If i were to sell the &quotLocation of one-time blablabla&quot which i got within Heart’s Desire activity, will the progress of Ambition be reset to the step back or will just crash all the progress and won’t be able to move the story further?[/quote]
Seeing that there are only two known sources of this item (Heart’s Desire and selling the location of Nadir to the Great Game) I wouldn’t recommend selling it. My guess is that you’d be stuck on that stage until they introduce another way of getting Location.

[quote=sosisqua]@Felicity Hey. It’s ok, those players are probably new and use the ‘suggest a contact’ button on a social action page, which might give them your profile.

A question to more experienced Londoners. If i were to sell the &quotLocation of one-time blablabla&quot which i got within Heart’s Desire activity, will the progress of Ambition be reset to the step back or will just crash all the progress and won’t be able to move the story further?[/quote]
The progress will not be reset. You can get a replacement eventually, but… eventually may be quite a while. Don’t sell it.

The game will not let you buy another here. I’ve heard from at least one person who tried. That said, considering how long you’ve got to wait, if you need echoes now, you could borrow from your future-self’s scrap collection and take the wait. I mean, it’s not like you’ve got much further to go before you hit the content barrier.
edited by Grenem on 10/15/2016

[quote=BlabberingMat][quote=sosisqua]
Seeing that there are only two known sources of this item (Heart’s Desire and selling the location of Nadir to the Great Game) I wouldn’t recommend selling it. My guess is that you’d be stuck on that stage until they introduce another way of getting Location.[/quote]

Actually, for ALOT of scraps, you can buy another location, but the location you got from Heart’s Desire is so cheap that you will regret selling it when you want to finish your ambition.

[quote=The Master][quote=BlabberingMat][quote=sosisqua]
Seeing that there are only two known sources of this item (Heart’s Desire and selling the location of Nadir to the Great Game) I wouldn’t recommend selling it. My guess is that you’d be stuck on that stage until they introduce another way of getting Location.[/quote]

Actually, for ALOT of scraps, you can buy another location, but the location you got from Heart’s Desire is so cheap that you will regret selling it when you want to finish your ambition.[/quote]
Oh, so it is one of Relicker’s items? But, by the time you get 3200 scraps…it just isn’t worth it.

Fine, thanks for all the answers. I wasn’t interested in selling it, but in how game will react to the fact. I’ve already went further in ambition.

[quote=Robin Alexander]I made an alt to eventually try the Seeking storyline and a different ambition, but . . . I’m struggling a lot with the new &quotMaking Your Name&quot levels, as they often leave a lot to be desired in pointing you where to go next . . .

I’ve tried the wiki, but it hasn’t helped me at all.

I’m at level 6 of &quotA Name Whispered in Darkness&quot, which tells me to investigate bats and cats in Flit, only there’s nowhere in Flit to do that? Where do I have to go to find the Bat/Cat options to proceed? I’m at shadowy 110 . . . do I need to lower that or higher it to meet some unseen requirement?[/quote]
Oh,yeah, that ones a bit weird. Basically, what you’re supposed to do is grind seeking and investigating under the new&quotthe heights of chichanery&quot until you get the rare successes to get &quotEmbroiled in the Wars of Illusion&quot to 2, at which point you can take an option to jump it straight to six. Once at 6, bats and cats is unlocked. You then need to bring the four qualities to 5= seeking, investigating, use of bats, use of cats- to finish the tracker.

So how can I cut my society to at most 6? I got it down to 10, but from there I’m at a loss.

Catching some rats in Watchmaker’s hills will lower it by 10 change points(just don’t pick the option you get for being a rat catcher(or whatever the proffesion was called) because that one doesn’t lower society connections).

Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to get Favours: Criminals without waiting for a card?

I thought I could go to the Carnival to meet some criminals, but I can’t find the option.

I just recently used all my Favours to get my Gang of Hoodlums, now I need one to finish a conversion to thirsty bombazine.

I have been searching the wiki relentlessly, and can find no options still available other than card-based chances.

You need a card for favours. The carnival locks once you have renown at 5.

That’s what I figured… I have no idea what my renown is… how can I find that?

Been a long time since I’ve last been on forum.
Are Moods back and operative? Or are we still on hiatus on those?
And while at it - Marriage is still on hold? Giving a Notability point to another?
Or are those three (Moods, Marriage, Notability) back on the game?

Thank you.

@John Savage It should be under contacts, but you can’t lower it so you’re stuck with it if its above 5.

@Gonen, Moods are back, but I believe the other two are still on hold.
edited by suinicide on 10/16/2016

[quote=Gonen]Been a long time since I’ve last been on forum.
Are Moods back and operative? Or are we still on hiatus on those?
And while at it - Marriage is still on hold? Giving a Notability point to another?
Or are those three (Moods, Marriage, Notability) back on the game?

Thank you.[/quote]

It is still impossible to give Notability to another player.
As for Moods, both cards are back and can be used properly. Marriage isn’t back yet, but should soon as it was removed in same time as the moods.