Weekly Questions, Beginning 10/10/2016

Is it currently possible to divest myself of my Cultured Attachée, and if so, how? My heart longs for another…

I believe you can divorce your Cultured Attaché in the Bazaar Side-streets.

Excellent, thank you! That’s what I get for not going there often. Time to steal me a permit.
edited by elvor on 10/12/2016

I’d like to zero out my Fate before I go North, and to do this I need one point.

Are there any storylines where I can pick up a point? I’ve played Cheesemonger

[quote=Teaspoon]I’d like to zero out my Fate before I go North, and to do this I need one point.

Are there any storylines where I can pick up a point? I’ve played Cheesemonger[/quote]
Have you done the plaster face? I presume you’ve done the idol, unless you’re really inactive. If you had an ambition, then you can’t go and get the taste, so I think that’s it?

Plaster face is point six, I’d like seven for a last expedition. I assume I must have done idol because I have a Page.

My ambition is Heart’s Desire so I don’t think that has taste.

[quote=Teaspoon]Plaster face is point six, I’d like seven for a last expedition. I assume I must have done idol because I have a Page.

My ambition is Heart’s Desire so I don’t think that has taste.[/quote]
No, I don’t remember which one involves prisoner’s honey, but it’s not that one. I doubt there’s any you haven’t claimed, now that the &quoti quit seeking&quot fate has been removed. Maybe try some little, interesting 1-fate storylets instead?

You can always go to races twice, if you just want to get rid of Fate.

I love shroom hopping! I know I shouldn’t, the EPA is terrible. But its so fun! (and if I lose I get to at least watch the Turkish Girl win, she’s dreamy … )

When you’re learning about the Bishop’s plans in Diocesan Intrigue, how many different cards are there? I’ve so far met the journalist, the Duchess, the old soldier, and his Amused Lordship.

Do Profile links act wonky now? Everything with a “~” in the name seems unreachable for me.

I’m experiencing the same thing! And if you open up your mantelpiece through your Profile tab the url contains a SPACESYMBOL.

I and my particular friend have both confirmed that if you substitute “SPACESYMBOL” for “~” the profiles work. It makes it a real pain to check friend’s profiles, I hope they revert it.

I’m seeing this to. Worth noting that you’ve always been able to replace the ‘~’ characters with regular space characters and that is still working.

I am in too much of a rush to send a proper bug report but social actions are displaying results of both sides. Only the normal results have a real effect so there is no need to worry.

No making waves gain or free evening lost for me :)

I did send a bug report about the patron/protégé message issue an hour or two ago when I noticed the same thing as a patron.

[quote=Koh Kai Ying]I am in too much of a rush to send a proper bug report but social actions are displaying results of both sides. Only the normal results have a real effect so there is no need to worry.

No making waves gain or free evening lost for me :)[/quote]
I assume you mean no extra free evening lost, right???

Note that apparently this shows the results the other party will/should get on the latter half- I would guess cimanyd has 2 free evenings left.

[quote=Koh Kai Ying]I am in too much of a rush to send a proper bug report but social actions are displaying results of both sides. Only the normal results have a real effect so there is no need to worry.

No making waves gain or free evening lost for me :)[/quote]

Ah hah! I was wondering what this was all about. I was so confused with the results of my plant’s battles.

Hello again all. I posted a couple of times this week and since then have been getting social actions from players who are new to me. But not just any social actions like a cup of coffee - they ask me to help with their scandal or suspicion. Is this normal? I generally expect to say hello to someone, maybe role play a little before they ask me for help (or before I would ask them for help). I guess I would just like to know if I have completely unreasonable expectations. Thanks!

–Becca/Felicity Anne Stratford

@Felicity Hey. It’s ok, those players are probably new and use the ‘suggest a contact’ button on a social action page, which might give them your profile.

A question to more experienced Londoners. If i were to sell the “Location of one-time blablabla” which i got within Heart’s Desire activity, will the progress of Ambition be reset to the step back or will just crash all the progress and won’t be able to move the story further?