Weekly Questions, Beginning 10/10/2016

Zubmariner is nearly here, and the excitement has filled me with a kind of bubbly inquisitiveness about things in general! If you’re similarly bubbly and inquisitive and want to ask questions about how to get ahead in Fallen London, here’s the place for it.

(For inquisitive bubbles specifically relating to Zubmariner, do check out the official Twitter account, where FBG are fielding Zubmariner-related bubbles. Er… questions.)

I’ll just repeat here, then: ETA/news on Season of Revolutions season reward?

The official response is &quotbefore this season ends&quot

I was wondering if anyone else can confirm “The Student Body” at the University as a source of Bundles of Oddities that produces predominantly values between 101 and 199 (Something Troublesome, i.e. Compromising Documents)? Comfortably over 50 per cent this morning and last night,

Greetings all. I am a very social player and enjoy long conversations in character with my friends in the game. The trouble is that it is very difficult to go back and read over those conversations. I know that I can have emails sent to me, but I still only see one side of the conversation. What do people do? Am I a complete anomaly? --Thanks! --Becca/Felicity Anne Stratford

Sadly, this is a problem. A lot of players save their responses in a word document or something, or if you want to have a group RP or something, you can use the forums.

I was afraid of that! Are private messages here any better? I have been wondering about trying them out.

You are not an anomaly by any means Felicity.

In addition to word docs I know some people use a shared google doc for RP, others exchange e-mail addresses and then RP that way. {edit: Oh, Skype, some people Skype to RP as well.}

For ease of transcription I often take the e-mail message the game sends me and then forward it to myself with the text of my reply. It’s one step shy of copying into a doc, but does at least preserve the words.

For something you can look back over later, and read as a story, you really need to just be willing to cut and paste things into a doc.

edited by absimiliard on 10/11/2016

I was afraid of that! Are private messages here any better? I have been wondering about trying them out.[/quote]
yes, private messages here are better. They’re held indefinitely- the problems with them are simply that &quotsent&quot and &quotrecieved&quot are stored in different places and there’s no way to sort by sender- so you might be in the middle of a conversation on oolithic limestone and then a random discussion on diabolism with someone else might wind up in the middle.

Private messages here are saved unless you delete them.

[quote=absimiliard]You are not an anomaly by any means Felicity.

In addition to word docs I know some people use a shared google doc for RP, others exchange e-mail addresses and then RP that way. {edit: Oh, Skype, some people Skype to RP as well.}

For ease of transcription I often take the e-mail message the game sends me and then forward it to myself with the text of my reply. It’s one step shy of copying into a doc, but does at least preserve the words.

For something you can look back over later, and read as a story, you really need to just be willing to cut and paste things into a doc.

edited by absimiliard on 10/11/2016[/quote]

Thanks everyone for the answers, even though they are not what I hoped they would be! It sounds like I need to do this myself, although that might be difficult when on my tablet. --Becca/Felicity

Oh, dear me, yes. I don’t think there’s going to be a good answer for preserving RP on a tablet.

IMO, they aren’t really made for text-manipulation, lack of a keyboard is rough.

Greetings, delicious friends. To those of you not off trying out their brand new zumbmarines, I’d like to ask if you know of any item that reduces wounds when equipped.

Nope.

All four of those are capped at 9.[/quote]
Ah, good to know. I am almost there with Singer, then. A couple more CPs.

What is the best way to get a portfolio of souls?

Mainly by making them in the Side Streets of the Bazaar. But from time to time you may get some from the Carnival.

That’s all the sources and ways I’m aware of.

Mainly by making them in the Side Streets of the Bazaar. But from time to time you may get some from the Carnival.

That’s all the sources and ways I’m aware of.[/quote]
What I meant was, how do I get the materials. Sorry I wasn’t clear.

Souls: Unfinished Business in Spite (&quot… the prince of…&quot)
Contracts: Unfinished Business in Watchmaker’s Hill (&quotContracts and legs&quot)
Brilliant Souls: Thefts of a Particular Character in Flit