Weekly Fallen London Questions, 31/05/2021

There’s no business like questions!

Sounds like a questionable business to me.

I’ve only been here for 6 years or so; can anyone more senior than I confirm if this icon art is genuinely old, or is it new art created to look old? I can’t decide which is funnier.

The Wiki lists Monstrous Anatomy Studies as the way to raise the cap on the quality to 7. I actually have the higher cap, but am pretty sure I haven’t fried that many little fishies and three albatrosses for the pleasure. I did wonder whether it was a perk of being a Monster-Hunter. Anyone know?
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 6/2/2021

[quote=elderfleur]I’ve only been here for 6 years or so; can anyone more senior than I confirm if this icon art is genuinely old, or is it new art created to look old? I can’t decide which is funnier.

[/quote]
I was able to find the Wiki page for that image file, and it seems it was uploaded to the Wiki in 2011. So it’s actual, genuine ancient art from the Stone Age of Fallen London. It just hasn’t been used in the game for years.

[quote=PSGarak] I was able to find the Wiki page for that image file, and it seems it was uploaded to the Wiki in 2011. So it’s actual, genuine ancient art from the Stone Age of Fallen London. It just hasn’t been used in the game for years.[/quote] Thank you for illuminating the matter! I’m glad this relic was dusted off and put back to (some very limited) work. I don’t think this is a serious enough idea to put in Feedback, but if Fallen London were slightly sillier I think a Doodle Storm should occasionally blow in from the Iron Republic that temporarily rolls back art assets for a week.

Well, they’re working on Zeefarer, so now’s the time to suggest it!

I could see it for the Iron Republic, honestly. Some sort of event that turns back history, and all of the actions have old-school assets. After all, that is the place that had Sunless Sea’s shop interface just for the lols.

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]The Wiki lists Monstrous Anatomy Studies as the way to raise the cap on the quality to 7. I actually have the higher cap, but am pretty sure I haven’t fried that many little fishies and three albatrosses for the pleasure. I did wonder whether it was a perk of being a Monster-Hunter. Anyone know?
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 6/2/2021[/quote]

You sure that you have higher cap, not higher actual value? Cap defines, how much your stat can possibly be after some trainings, when you are fully naked; with some items (including Monster-Hunter spear and ribcage jacket from Hinterlands) you can have more than that cap.

It works same way as with usual stats, although &quottraining&quot can be harder. For example, my Watchful capped at 218 right now, but it is 307 (307/218 if you look at icon) because of my extensive wardrobe giving me extra 89 points. No matter how much watchful tasks I do, it wouldn’t raise higher. Soon enough I may be able to raise cap to 230 (probably), but it wouldn’t automatically add 12 points to stat - it would just open possibility to train more to get those 12 levels extras. So, after getting cap I’ll become 307/230, after lot of training - probably 319/230.

If I put my townhouse in the hands of the resolute governess, do I retain my salon progress? I have over 21 banked in case I need a giant MW boost (enough to invite the Princess), don’t want to lose that but I’m getting tired of the card.

I think I did this with no change, but I could be wrong…

I’m pretty sure I’ve loaned out everything I can, and checking now, I still have Scheme: salon at 20.

I have the 7/7 cap. I’m not counting any gear. Maybe I just did sacrifice the fishies.

Browsing the forum on my phone, i see no way of accessing my PMs. Is that normal?

I experience terrible lags and generally very bad performance from FL today. Is it only me?..

Not only you