Weekly Fallen London Questions, 19/07/2021

Questions, questions, here are questions!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Can I have an icecream?

[quote=Bluestocking]Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Can I have an icecream?[/quote]Yes.

I’m an end game player looking for sources of Hand-Picked Peppercaps and Jasmine Tea. I have unlocked a goodly portion of the Railway storyline (all the way to Moulin Wasteland).

Best way to get peppercaps is through helicon house (About 15 per carousel)

I was wondering if there is still a way to get M. Demeaux’s Advice for Captains: Second Edition. I have apparently missed on the opportunity even though i was an active player at thtat point.

I asked this a while back, but nobody seemed to know. However, digging at the various sites produces an updated version (illegal edition) at Delving Beneath the Streets 8.

Not sure of the best way to get Jasmine Leaves, but I accrued quite a lot while chasing the Honey-Mazed Bear (an incidental effect to my raising Defender of The Public Safety).

The card from Sophia’s has an option that gains you leaves too. Built up quite a lot over the months through that. All gone now, though. :)

I asked this a while back, but nobody seemed to know. However, digging at the various sites produces an updated version (illegal edition) at Delving Beneath the Streets 8.[/quote]

Yeah, I found that, which sparked my interest only to find that i apparently miss the 2nd edition. oh well.

It used to be acquired by one of those FB links that sometimes provide coffee, etc. Some of the old ones still work, but I don’t have a list.

It was a gift code to mark the release of Sunless Sea DLC. It’s now deactivated, I believe.

Yeah, I was hoping it was still available somehow on the new site. alas, another item i will never have even though i could.

As mentioned, Helicon House is the best option for Peppercaps. Bizarre 10 unlocks a leaving action in the Entrance Hall that rewards (15 + Fitting In) Peppercaps, which is a pretty good carousel.

Jasmine Leaves are harder. There are a bunch of grinds for them at the Hurlers, but you’re not there yet. Selling Halcyonic Tonic to the Nonspecific Academic rewards 35 per sale (and 10 Peppercaps, too, so double duty), but costs an Extraordinary Implication per Tonic. Hunting the Honey-Mazed Bear rewards 50 Jasmine Leaves, but is dependent on drawing the right card to re-enable it after each run. Another card-dependent source is the Clay Tailor, who has an option that rewards (Train Luxuries x 10) Leaves. Sophia’s card has an option, too, which rewards 19-28 Leaves.

Where does Fallen London get the coal it needs to fuel everything?

Well plausibly in the ancient Neath, there were mushroom forests and dinosaurs, which turned into fossil fuels just like on the surface.

Another opportunity is that they’re ground up bits of the Creditor’s ex.

Imported from Hell.
Edit: Somehow deleted the actual content of my comment.
edited by Alexander Feld on 7/22/2021

From what I recall Sunless Seas makes it very clear that coal and other fuels mostly come from Hell (and Mount Palmerston).

Is there an official place to offer suggestions to the developers? Like, I would love a profile link in messages/social actions, and I have an idea for an attic to store things you don’t want to have cluttering up your inventory.

[quote=Bluestocking]Is there an official place to offer suggestions to the developers? Like, I would love a profile link in messages/social actions, and I have an idea for an attic to store things you don’t want to have cluttering up your inventory.[/quote] You can try feedback@failbettergames.com, or the Feedback thread. Not sure if either takes &quotpriority.&quot

Odd problem - I’ve got one account which has been stuck for a day in a display in My Lodgings that has the entire central display of actions missing. The left side display of qualities, etc. shows, as does the card display. It shows 6 cards waiting, but clicking does not allow me to draw cards. I can change outfits and see possessions, but can’t exchange or sell them (because I’m apparently still also in the University dig??). View Map is grayed out. In short, I haven’t been able to do anything for a day (and am still awaiting a response from bug reports). The account is usually played in MacOS or IOS in Chrome, though Firefox gets the same result. Does anyone have any ideas about what I might try while waiting on FBG?
edited by Snort on 7/23/2021

No good ideas here, just the usual things - refresh, try a different browser or restart the browser or the computer, log out and log in again, etc.