Weekly Fallen London Questions, 19/07/2021

Thanks. No joy from any of those, though. Maybe it’s something account-related that the bug folks can fix.

Hehe, sorry lady ciel. I deleted my post because suddenly it came to life. Didn’t realise it was a regular thing, I’m usually at work at this time of day,

Deleted mine as it made no sense without your post :)

And now nobody will know what we were talking about. Oh well. Silly me. :)

Nothing wrong with a bit of mystery!

My wounds have got so bad that I’m thinking of just taking a boat trip purely for refreshment. Is this a reasonable choice? Are there long term ill effects, or better choices? (Am at 7.5) Do I lose progress qualities?
edited by Bluestocking on 7/25/2021

[quote=Bluestocking]My wounds have got so bad that I’m thinking of just taking a boat trip purely for refreshment. Is this a reasonable choice? Are there long term ill effects, or better choices? (Am at 7.5) Do I lose progress qualities?
edited by Bluestocking on 7/25/2021[/quote]
You don’t lose any qualities, but lowering wounds while on a boat trip is not very efficient. Playing chess is alright if you haven’t done a lot of it before, but other options are generally card-dependent, which means you can spend a lot of time on the boat.

If you don’t have access to the Parabolan Base Camp or don’t have a high probability of success on its wounds-reducing option, then the best option is a social action &quotNurse a friend back to health.&quot Just have one of your accounts initiate it and send it to the one that needs to reduce wounds. Each account spends an action, but you can reduce a lot of wounds quickly.

If you have access to the dockers’ brawl in The Blind Helmsman, then &quotTake a moment to tend your wounds&quot is a pretty good solo option as well.

Here is a wiki link for all the options: Category:Wounds Loss - Fallen London Wiki.

TLDR: boat trip is far from the best option available.
edited by menaulon on 7/25/2021
edited by menaulon on 7/25/2021

[quote=menaulon][quote=Bluestocking]My wounds have got so bad that I’m thinking of just taking a boat trip purely for refreshment. Is this a reasonable choice? Are there long term ill effects, or better choices? (Am at 7.5) Do I lose progress qualities?
edited by Bluestocking on 7/25/2021[/quote]
You don’t lose any qualities, but lowering wounds while on a boat trip is not very efficient. Playing chess is alright if you haven’t done a lot of it before, but other options are generally card-dependent, which means you can spend a lot of time on the boat. (snip)
Here is a wiki link for all the options: Category:Wounds Loss - Fallen London Wiki

TLDR: boat trip is far from the best option available.
[/quote]
Well, I did it anyway. I was kind of annoyed that he took ALL my 10 bats and ALL my 4 weasels for no greater effect than if I’d only had one…

On the othet hand…the red autofire cards cost no actions, as long as you are at zero already.

Do we know if there are any plans to add upgraded versions of the spouses from the foreign offices? I’m very fond om my intirguer and would love to see her rise.

On wounds, I always wait for (or switch to) the right airs and then spend a day in bed, being visited by the Regretful Soldier (airs 50-74). Airs 90-100 (dreamless sleep) also works well, and airs 1-14 at 80% probability is acceptable but still occasionally fails.

I’ve never opted for the boat to get rid of wounds (use Parabola these days mostly), though I sometimes visit the Tomb Colonies for scandal.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 7/25/2021

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]On wounds, I always wait for (or switch to) the right airs and then spend a day in bed, being visited by the Regretful Soldier (airs 50-74). Airs 90-100 (dreamless sleep) also works well, and airs 1-14 at 80% probability is acceptable but still occasionally fails.
[/quote]
Now that was very helpful. I’m saving that. Next time. I don’t want to do this again anytime soon. I am doomed to nothing but digging, though. I’m stuck ina brawl that I can neither win not flee from.

If you are talking abou brawling in the Blind Helmsman you can &quotperhaps not&quot out of the brawl. You won’t lose any progress, can go spend time in bed or whatever else you can do to clear your wounds.

Edit to add or just use the deal with your wounds in the brawl. There is no penalty for failing.
edited by reveurciel on 7/25/2021

I used to be able to receive a gift at Balmoral once a week, after TtH, which was a pair of boots (worth about 60 Script). Today I go back to the castle, but there’s no boots? Only a 0 action choice that leads to nothing but text and no rewards.

Am I missing something? Forgetting something? Looking in the wrong place, etc.?

[quote=Robin Alexander]I used to be able to receive a gift at Balmoral once a week, after TtH, which was a pair of boots (worth about 60 Script). Today I go back to the castle, but there’s no boots? Only a 0 action choice that leads to nothing but text and no rewards.

Am I missing something? Forgetting something? Looking in the wrong place, etc.?[/quote]You’ll receive a notice in your messages when you can go back to claim your gift. The gift isn’t connected to TtH, the weekly delay starts from when you pick it up. My gift notice typically comes around Wednesday, while my TtH comes around on Friday.

My message about Balmoral gifts isn’t perfectly aligned with TtH. My TtH came on Friday, while my Balmoral message came this morning. I’d advise waiting a bit longer. But if it doesn’t come at all then contact support.

Edit: Scooped by Mulligan! :)
edited by Plynkes on 7/25/2021

[quote=lady ciel ]If you are talking about brawling in the Blind Helmsman you can &quotperhaps not&quot out of the brawl. You won’t lose any progress, can go spend time in bed or whatever else you can do to clear your wounds.

Edit to add or just use the deal with your wounds in the brawl. There is no penalty for failing.
edited by reveurciel on 7/25/2021[/quote]

Yes, I can leave and do other things. But I can’t quit the brawl. I tried the &quotfor yourself&quot option and it is enormously harder than being on someone’s side. So I will be unable to earn biscuits until I can get my dangerous up to a much higher level, or at least find a dozen hard earned lessons to help.

[quote=Bluestocking][quote=lady ciel ]If you are talking about brawling in the Blind Helmsman you can &quotperhaps not&quot out of the brawl. You won’t lose any progress, can go spend time in bed or whatever else you can do to clear your wounds.

edited by reveurciel on 7/25/2021[/quote]

Yes, I can leave and do other things. But I can’t quit the brawl. I tried the &quotfor yourself&quot option and it is enormously harder than being on someone’s side. So I will be unable to earn biscuits until I can get my dangerous up to a much higher level, or at least find a dozen hard earned lessons to help.[/quote]

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Maybe take the first crate you can. Or just perservere and get those biscuits. Your dangerous will go up a level or two doing those tough challenges.