Weekly Fallen London Questions, 18/02/2019

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

Who is that red-eyed woman on the login screen anyway?

Definitely a deviless. I’m not sure it’s a specific one. The closest in-game resemblance I’m aware of is the Quiet Deviless from the Intimate of Devils storyline (currently available via Feast of the Rose, but also available year-round from infernal lodgings). However, that particular artwork may be generic and re-used elsewhere… although with Devils it’s kinda hard to tell whether that actually makes a difference.

It is a generic artwork. The card “A deviless’ serenade” also uses the same portrait. It might be used elsewhere I can’t remember too.

If I open Lilac’s card, but don’t use it, will it disappear? The Feast of the Rose card disappeared like that (though I can’t remember exactly what I did).

[quote=theonie]If I open Lilac’s card, but don’t use it, will it disappear? The Feast of the Rose card disappeared like that (though I can’t remember exactly what I did).[/quote]It won’t go away. While with the Feast card, you picked one of the options which take you to the next stories where you end up picking one of the options. From there, you used the Perhaps not button which makes the card go away!

Ohh that makes sense…it was late at night and I was half asleep, didn’t realize what happened. Thanks very much!

To clarify Skinnyman’s statement - if you open the original card (Lilac; or Feast of the Rose) but then choose &quotPerhaps Not&quot or otherwise move away, it remains in hand. But the moment you choose one of the storylets that takes you to a following storylet (ie. surrender Masquing gifts on Lilac; one of the events on Feast of the Rose) and &quotPerhaps Not&quot out of that – you will lose the card.

Spoken from experience!

To clarify Skinnyman’s statement - if you open the original card (Lilac; or Feast of the Rose) but then choose &quotPerhaps Not&quot or otherwise move away, it remains in hand. But the moment you choose one of the storylets that takes you to a following storylet (ie. surrender Masquing gifts on Lilac; one of the events on Feast of the Rose) and &quotPerhaps Not&quot out of that – you will lose the card.

Spoken from experience![/quote]

Right, I see, that’s what I must have done. Thanks for explaining and saving me from accidentally losing Lilac’s card! :)
edited by theonie on 2/19/2019
edited by theonie on 2/19/2019

If you play all three fate-stories of a season much, much later then when they first came out. (Say, the Season of Stones) Can you still access the little extra story afterward?

Yep! As long as you complete all three stories in a season, no matter when you do it, you’ll be able to play the season round-up.

Is there an alternative way to get the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer as an acquaintance? I missed the opportunity during the Absconding Devil case.

With Persuasive 105 she turns up in an opportunity card.

@ Desmodus
… and very, very shortly afterwards you wish you’d never heard of her.

I go with Jermaine! Don’t worry, don’t worry about missing her! :D After level 4 (I think) you unlock the two cards which will never leave your deck.
Those two have 3 requirements and because of a card bug, they will have 300% frequency; meaning they will count as 6 cards and will bug you a lot! It may not be to late, but don’t advance the Struggling artist story! Ignore him no matter what! :)

Thanks! That’s the thing main that has stopped me from playing Fate stories.

Yesterday my &quotMaking Waves&quot was at 13, and today I completed a social action, after which I got: &quotMaking Waves is increasing…&quot from 7 to 8. Why? I don’t remember losing it.

Time the Healer cuts your Making Waves in half.

[quote=Skinnyman]I go with Jermaine! Don’t worry, don’t worry about missing her! :D After level 4 (I think) you unlock the two cards which will never leave your deck.
Those two have 3 requirements and because of a card bug, they will have 300% frequency; meaning they will count as 6 cards and will bug you a lot! It may not be to late, but don’t advance the Struggling artist story! Ignore him no matter what! :)[/quote]
I don’t think I’ve interacted with the Struggling Artist outside of this opportunity card… but thanks for the heads up. I hope they can get that card bug fixed soon, though.

[quote=Desmodus]I don’t think I’ve interacted with the Struggling Artist outside of this opportunity card… but thanks for the heads up. I hope they can get that card bug fixed soon, though.[/quote]Good, good! It all starts with this option which leads to this card.