Weekly Fallen London Questions, 13/11/2017

Hey folks! Here’s this week’s thread for short questions.

so if I mixed the dates like an idiot and Mr huffam left without an interview for me, is there anything I can do or is it gone forever. I have a felling that it is gone but doesnt hurt to ask.

You’re doomed :(

Now that I’m getting a good look at the new (not really) Hallowmas option on One’s Public, I really want to know what all the quality names are. You know, for the different levels. I don’t suppose anybody’s been keeping track of them? Because they stretch below the bottom of the screen.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/The_Unexpurgated_Gazette:_Hallowmas_Edition_of_1895

Previous week’s questions are closed, but re. royal blue feathers: one was also awarded through a code about a year ago on the occasion of a launch (or maybe in the Advent calendar?)

The Advent calendar’s reward are all recorded on the wiki, and no reference to the Royal Blue Feathers.

This may be silly, but can someone explain what happened to the Acclaimed Beauty? I’m reading it as having been related to the whole Red Honey thing in Nemesis. And does… whatever he did to get his looks back… have anything to do with how a certain someone may go from needle-handed monster to normal human if you make a certain choice? Because if that’s the case, I’m not so sure I want to court him anymore…

@ dov
Was it the launch of the mobile version possibly? Or of the zub expansion pack? I have half a dozen of them along with other deep sea bits and bobs, as I’m sure you have, too.

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]@ dov
Was it the launch of the mobile version possibly? Or of the zub expansion pack? I have half a dozen of them along with other deep sea bits and bobs, as I’m sure you have, too.[/quote]
I have a few, but I think mostly from spending Fate to get random things from the sack last Christmas.

I guess these could also have come from an access code - those aren’t always documented in the wiki.

If I remember correctly his story has more to do with Flute Street and the things down there. I’m pretty sure that there wasn’t anything to do with Red Honey, but it is a long time since I left Court and I’m sure that there are details that I don’t recall.

For my main character and alts who finished the Dilmun story before the upgrade, the new card popped right up asap. But for an alt that only just finished and got to Associating with Radical Academics 5, I can’t seem to find Return to the Dilmun Club anywhere. The wiki doesn’t make it clear how I get there–it mentions an inbox, but I don’t have any messages about it. How do I go from 5 to 6 or 7? Am I looking for a card?

Something else curious–I got kicked out of court, sent to the Foreign Office, did enough turns as governor to be restored to court, then when I get back, it says I have no route to Wilmot’s End. How did I do that?
edited by Tay1or on 11/14/2017

1. It’s a living story. It takes real-world time. A day or two, I think.

2. That sounds like fodder for a bug report.

OK, thanks! I’ll probably just do the comprehensive bribe to get the route–almost there now.

Does a Fine Piece reset when you Put to Zee? I seem to recall that Inspired does. Thanks!
edited by Shaerys on 11/15/2017

I’m finally preparing to get exiled from court, after dallying there for years. Is the fate locked tidbit about the Veteran Privy Counselor’s reasons for exiling you worth paying the 8 fate? Also, after you return, is anything locked off that you could do before? Can you write the same books and everything that you could before (in addition to the new ones)? I’m sort of tempted to write 77 allegorical satires, if I can still keep working at that project after my exile is over. And is there anything else I should know or prepare for before embracing exile?
edited by Harlocke on 11/15/2017

[quote=Harlocke]I’m finally preparing to get exiled from court, after dallying there for years. Is the fate locked tidbit about the Veteran Privy Counselor’s reasons for exiling you worth paying the 8 fate? Also, after you return, is anything locked off that you could do before? Can you write the same books and everything that you could before (in addition to the new ones)? I’m sort of tempted to write 77 allegorical satires, if I can still keep working at that project after my exile is over. And is there anything else I should know or prepare for before embracing exile?
edited by Harlocke on 11/15/2017[/quote]

Not worth it, and you can write all the same things as before plus the new options.

[quote=Tyrconnell]1. It’s a living story. It takes real-world time. A day or two, I think.

1. That sounds like fodder for a bug report.[/quote]

You were correct–showed up in my inbox at last! Thanks!

[quote=Harlocke]I’m finally preparing to get exiled from court, after dallying there for years. Is the fate locked tidbit about the Veteran Privy Counselor’s reasons for exiling you worth paying the 8 fate?[/quote]No, no, no, no. No. The only substance to it is that the VPC has almost certainly done the whole &quotget an up-and-coming artist banished&quot thing before. The free watchful-challenge option has many times more depth and quality. Failbetter did not deserve the $2 I spent on the fate option to investigate the counselor, and they don’t deserve your $2 for it either.

edit: as for whether any works become unavailable, all of the regular options are still there when you return to court. However, you will only ever be able to produce one of the several possible banishment-provoking operas; opera is an option for players restored to court, but with different and less provocative choices. If your ambition is Heart’s Desire, one of the banishment options will advance your ambition, give some very good story text, and spare you considerable expense.
edited by Anchovies on 11/15/2017

Does returning to court lock out any of the old composition options, or should I feel compelled to write my vast collection of Gothic novels before I get kicked?