Weekly Fallen London Questions, 11/12/2023

Here’s this week’s thread for any quick Fallen London questions you might like answers to!

GUESS WHO JUST GOT THAT UPGRADE?!

oh, right, questions…what profession are you currenty working, he/she/they who reads this post, and are you planning on another?

I’m currently a Correspondent, mostly for the savings back when I was doing the SOTC grind, but I am considering switching back to my old profession of Silverer, or maybe becoming a Midnighter!

1 Like

sounds awsome! may you have much joy of it!

Correspondent. For that sweet Persusive bonus and the WORDS. I was a Silverer briefly, because I look really good in those Spectacles, but it wasn’t my true calling.

2 Likes

do you know of any easy-ish way to increase Monstrous Anatomy? i know you can do that via a lab, but i heard it’s a REALLY long annoying grind to open one.

There is a guide for that, but hunting in Parabola is by far the easiest way to do it. Now, whether you can get there without a Lab is another matter…

2 Likes

If you’re a Silverer, you actually can! And for a much more reasonable price too.

1 Like

well I’m not, but thank both of you for the info, I’ll make use of it as soon as I can.

okay, so! I think I’ll start working on opening my own lab-it’s gonna be a b***ch of a grind, I’m sure, but I’ll rather make my own way into parabola than get someone else’s help.

If it helps, they DID like literally just reduce that grind maybe a month ago.

awesome!

…I probably should read the patch-notes, ah?

Sigh.

Yeah buddy. Here you go.

:>

When is the last day that TtH grants potential Christmas cards? 25th, 24th, something else?

How rare exactly is a a rare success? Trying to get a mirrorbox in the Waswood in preparation for next week’s event.

1 Like

If you have your train built out to Jericho Locks, it is a lot easier to get empty mirrorcatch boxes there.

2 Likes

It varies from one action to another. It can be anywhere from 1% to 50%. Even the distinction between “rare” and “alternate” is just a community convention based on vibes.

But yeah that one in particular is pretty rare. I think 1-2%. You’re better off using one of the options where you can “buy” it more directly, even though you’re overpaying.

If you have a Railroad, there are options at Jericho and now at the Magistracy. If you don’t have the railway but at least have a boat, you can summon a box from nothing by trading an Oneiric Pearl for a filled box and then emptying it.

3 Likes

At the moment this is the only method I have to grind for it at all. I only have enough pearls for the reward next week, and I don’t have the cash to rat market it yet, although if there’s a box there this weekend and I haven’t found it yet I guess that’s viable.

If it’s 1% of 50% though then on average it would take about 200 actions, which is only a day and a half of actions, so that sounds technically doable! Thanks!

1 Like

No train yet sadly! I’ve focused on more gear and ambition based grinds and still haven’t gotten my base stats maxed out haha.

1 Like