Patch Notes

Week Ending 3rd November

• Reduced the intensity of Irrigo used to indicate EEF to preserve the faculties of our Exceptional Friends.
  • Added credits.
4 Likes

For those blind as me, on desktop, the Credits are next to account on the top bar and down the side menu on mobile.

Nothing to report this week; have good weekends!

4 Likes

Week Ending 17th November

• ‘Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers’ 16 is no longer required to access the storylet ‘Hunting the Beasts of the Zee’.
    • The requirement has been moved to instead solely gate the ‘Hunt a Plated Seal’ branch.
    • This means that individuals who have taken an eccentric pathway through the game, and possess some Monstrous Anatomy without having completed the Labyrinth of Tigers, can now engage in most zee-hunts.
  • There is now additional meta-text up and down the railway to draw attention to the Cornelius storyline and associated opportunities.
7 Likes

Ahh too late for me, but I’m glad it’s available for future people who take these paths

Week Ending 24th November

• Players who have not completed the search for Cornelius but have built Marigold Station may now find a way to look for him further at Moloch Street. This is equivalent to the options available at Next Stretch of Track but locked to Marigold-finishers.
  • The Deciphering… cost to pursue the search for Cornelius or the Scheme of the Phoenix is now lower, but doing so no longer provides a Night Whisper or Primaeval Hint.
  • Players may now change their Railway charter at board meetings, but they may only do so once per meeting, to avoid accusations of undue caprice. Charter proposals require having specific board members to help put them forward, and these are visible in the Convene a board meeting… storylet.
  • Some board meeting members have additional dialogue, especially (but not limited to) responses to charter proposals.
  • ‘Balmoral: Presenting your Painting’ can now be found in ‘Fifth City Stories’.
  • Laboratory: It is now significantly cheaper to upgrade your Laboratory with economy resources.
  • Parabola: Significantly reduced the resource cost to establish a Base-Camp
    • All the routes now cost significantly fewer Memories of Light, but the Laboratory route is now drastically cheaper (now costs 100 Memories of Light, down from 1001)
  • Railway: Significantly reduced the Railway Steel cost of advancing the Railway
    • In most cases this is a 70% reduction, so branches that cost 10 Railway Steel now cost 3.
  • Railway Steel is now sellable in the Upper River for 19 Hinterland Scrip.
    • This is intended to let players who have a lot of ‘useless’ railway steel recoup some of that value, but it’s not efficient.
8 Likes

Well now I’m glad that I have a clearly higher-quality Railroad than anyone who builds one now, as I used 3 times the Steel. These new Railways are probably going to fall apart the first time a stalactite lands on them, or the moment someone deploys some strategic correspondence. But not mine!

12 Likes

What path are you talking about here?

Well said, well said! :smiley: Kind of looks similiar to some Surface things.

2 Likes

Probably (like myself, actually) people who due to being a Silverer, not liking the Dangerous MYN, or for any other reason, managed to unlock Parabola before finishing the Labyrinth of Tigers. Probably going to become even more prevalent now that the cost for establishing a Base-Camp is lowered.

3 Likes

I can finally get the Bishop of Southwark on my board! And then I can change right back to an Infernal charter and find out just how angry that makes him! Now that the Efficient Commissioner is gone my meetings haven’t been funny in quite the same way.

5 Likes

NOOOO I JUST SPENT TWO WEEKS DOING THAT GRIND ANFJHBWFHKJWFHOIJW

2 Likes

Why sell those surplus precious steel? Why not use them to upgrade the armor of the war-train or the pet worm? Or perhaps inventing some correspondence powered automated armored units?

2 Likes

Or build a new line up to Venderbight…

That’s a grand idea!

Obviously, it should be an airplane line…

29th November

• Woeful now adds two x5 frequency undiscardable cards. Option on both increases nightmares.
  • Aunt is locked by Woeful
  • All Faction Cards are locked by Woeful
  • The Weasel now drops your stats by 300 instead of 250. This means that increasing Shadowy and/or Persuasive for a more optimized deck is harder/impossible.
1 Like

I will not claim the right of formally disseminating announcements from FBG, but I just read the blog and MORE MR CHEESE CONTENT PRAISE BE TO MR CHEESE (EVEN THOUGH HES CALLED MR TREATS NOW IT MIGHT BE A DIFFERENT RAT PRETENDING TO BE A MASTER BUT I DONT THINK THE ODDS OF THERE BEING TWO OF THOSE ARE VERY HIGH)

5 Likes

Mr Cheese deserves a proper post!

1 Like

Reducing cost of Parabala/Laboratory/Railway seems like a filthy cheating to me. Where is a sence of accomplishments when results are basicly free?

They did it to sell new sackmass story to more people (because it’s behind parabola camp).

I have nothing against it. More people in the late/endgame → more content for engame players (me).

2 Likes

I am at Station VII, and constructing Railway feeled something huge. Epic. Significant. I am doing this for almost a year (with distraction to many other activities), and I am content with slow pacing. Every station feeled like a brektrough, like a triumph. Now it is totally hollow.

Well, game has a lot of other currency/action sink activities, but this is still a filthy cheating to me.

And I never minded that on Summer festival in 2022 (and even 2023) I could not access some clues or other activities because I did not have something.I started late, so it’s honest that I can not competete with those who started earlier. Reducing economical cost, othervise, is dishonestly.

3 Likes