Weekly Fallen London Questions, 11/10/2021

Here’s this week’s quack questions thread!

Quack quack?

Answering to last week’s thread:

edited by phryne on 10/11/2021

Thank you, Phryne. I wonder how I messed up to get the “embarrassing” stone in place of a coin… ;)

It’s Crab Season y’all! Fill your bucket quickly, they’re going fast.

Yeah, 1K in less than an hour. But rewards don’t seem to have gone up at all.

So, uh, do we know how many of them are going to be available? How many have been there at the beginning?

I guess my question boils down to, do I have a chance of participating if I’m currently out of actions in the Khanate, i.e. about 2 hours away from my first Crab, at the very least?

Well that was a bit of fun, especially for my Monster Hunter character. For once he’s actually doing what they pay him to do. But I have a quick question, because as usual I wasn’t paying attention.

Two of my alts have used up all their actions crab-hunting, the other two don’t have it as an option. What is the quality needed to unlock it? (like I said, wasn’t paying attention)

Edit: Found it! Your Labyrinth of Tigers progess has to be at a certain level.
edited by Plynkes on 10/12/2021

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy] I guess my question boils down to, do I have a chance of participating if I’m currently out of actions in the Khanate, i.e. about 2 hours away from my first Crab, at the very least?[/quote] 20 minutes ago we were on track to catch them all within 9 hours. But the action cost to catch a crab is slowly creeping up so it’s hard to say; before we get half way there the &quotsafe&quot option to catch a crab might be eight successful Dangerous 250 checks or worse.

[quote=Plynkes]What is the quality needed to unlock it?[/quote] Monstrous Anatomy 1, I’m pretty sure.

Another endangered species is going to be made extinct by hunters in search for easy profit, meh.

[quote=Sir Reginald Monteroy]So, uh, do we know how many of them are going to be available? How many have been there at the beginning?

I guess my question boils down to, do I have a chance of participating if I’m currently out of actions in the Khanate, i.e. about 2 hours away from my first Crab, at the very least?[/quote]

You get an idea of how many are left every time you catch one. Just a moment ago the game said there were 2304 remaining.

[quote=elderfleur]

It’s Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers 16. Without that there is no hunting beasts of the sea storylet in your cabin. You may need the Monstrous Anatomy as well, but my alts did not get that far.
edited by Plynkes on 10/12/2021

Apparently the hunt is because of overpopulation, so we’re actually doing an ecology-beneficial culling.

Still for easy profit, though. The Rostygold award seems to scale with the rarity of the creatures.

You need Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers at 16 to open the story and 1 MA to hunt crabs.

We’re shredding through those crabs: 3 hours ago we had ~2400, now we’re down to 600. I’m starting to feel bad for them. Hopefully next time they re-skin the event for animal lovers into some sort of pie-eating contest.

Well well. Seems the taste for crab meat was a bit undervalued this time…

Are they all gone?I just woke up and was told to go to Wolfstack docks but no hunting beasts option on my ship. Did I miss it?

The good news is, FBG’s plans for World Events is for them to be recurring things.

But yes. This was the first one, they grievously mis-tuned it, and it was over in about ten hours. Per their announcement their goal was for these things to stick around for a week. Next time more crabs hopefully.

Damnit. My monster hunter is not happy.
Thanks for info.

Huzzah for brutally quick crab-culls, I love it when the playerbase bands together to destroy. Anyway, does someone know if there’s currently any more rat-market exclusive equipment than the Venge-rat waders?

The next piece of seasonal equipment will become available in false-Winter, which starts the first week of December. If my math is right, Cartographer’s Hoards should be back in style at that point.

There may be non-seasonal unique items available without notice. The Pocket-Piece was available with a Wind from the West. This upcoming week will be the first time we see a North wind, we still haven’t seen a Runny moon, and most Wind-Moon combinations are not filled in.