Weekly Fallen London Questions, 09/10/2017

It’s always Monday somewhere in the Neath, and here’s this week’s thread for short questions and answers!

Quick question: On challenges that take multiple qualities (like Hell’s Coursers or gambling for the Yacht), will a second chance work if a different element of the challenge is failed? Say you used a Sudden Insight, but failed the Shadowy check.

I’m not sure how it works exactly, but I don’t believe you can do that.
At least I hope not, otherwise I could have done that yacht thing a lot easier

Extra chances only work if you failed that particular challenge, if I recall correctly. So if there’s a stat check and a luck check, using a second chance for the stat check won’t help if you fail the luck check.
edited by Kaijyuu on 10/10/2017

I just now attempted one of the Persuasive + Acquaintance: Sardonic Music-Hall Singer challenges on her city vices “ask her to help you” card, with a second chance on the persuasive test. I succeeded on the persuasive test and failed the acquaintance test, and was not given the option to retry.

Tangent: I’d like to see more non-core-stat challenges. Renown, Walking the Fallen Cities, Touched by Fingerwork, and the various Dreams qualities would all be nice candidates for that.

True, it would be nice to see some of these qualities that have lots of sources but few uses come into play more often.

Or Committed, or perhaps even your Gang of Hoodlums quality?

Binary quality as gatekeepers, sure. But it would be fun to have challenges for some qualities that tend to slowly accumulate but never see use.

The Iron Republic does exactly that. Which you were probably referencing :P

Has anyone noticed that there’s now a thing about being restored to Court? I haven’t gotten banished yet, but it’s interesting. It appears as ‘You unlocked this when you do not have restored to court’ I think.

There have been a few posts about it (perhaps more on reddit than here). FBG said that returning to court is one of the pieces of content they plan to add by year’s end. It seems to be at the front of the queue and in active development.

Is there any reason (other than the person already is a protégé) that I seem to be unable to adopt someone as my protégé?[li]
edited by heavensdark on 10/13/2017

You both need Social Influence below 94, to be Acquainted With each other, and to not be Protege/Patron yet.

I’m curious; do Epilogues for Exceptional Seasons only trigger during the last week of the month, or, if I pay fate and play the last missing entry in the season, will it then trigger on its own?

Basically, I was considering buying “Web of the Motherlings” when it eventually comes out and was curious if it would unlock the ending on completion (since I’ve played the other two stories in the season).

All you need is to have played the three stories, and you get the Season Ending, no matter when (after the season ending comes out in the first place, of course).

OK, thanks!

I recently over capped my Shadowy to 215, however I currently lack the qualities to get the London quality I am after ( need 3 more criminal renown levels );

My question is, do I need to be an invisible imminence in order to claim that quality, or do I just need the base 215 shadowy? I ask, because I would like to move onto over-capping dangerous in the meantime until the game grants me the cards I need to increase my criminals renown.

I’ve been holding off on completing the Cheesemonger quest because I wanted to ask a question. With the 2 date you get for completing her quest, I’d have enough to refill the action deck - although I obviously don’t want to do that with my fate (I may as well blast it on Mr. Hearts’ shop)

If you accidentally click on the deck when it’s empty, and you have fate, is there any form of confirmation whatsoever? Or will it seriously just eat your 3 fate on a misclick? This has a bearing on whether I just complete the Cheesemonger Quest now, or leave it in my pocket until I really need the fate for whatever reason.

[quote=Daedalus_Falk]I’ve been holding off on completing the Cheesemonger quest because I wanted to ask a question. With the 2 date you get for completing her quest, I’d have enough to refill the action deck - although I obviously don’t want to do that with my fate (I may as well blast it on Mr. Hearts’ shop)

If you accidentally click on the deck when it’s empty, and you have fate, is there any form of confirmation whatsoever? Or will it seriously just eat your 3 fate on a misclick? This has a bearing on whether I just complete the Cheesemonger Quest now, or leave it in my pocket until I really need the fate for whatever reason.[/quote]
From my experience, there is a pop-up confirmation, so you should be safe on a misclick. [li]

[quote=menaulon]From my experience, there is a pop-up confirmation, so you should be safe on a misclick. [li][/quote] Unless you double-misclick, of course, which happened to me at least once before…