Weekly Fallen London Questions, 08/01/2023

Here’s this week’s question for quick Fallen London threads! Wait… check that - reverse it.

1 Like

Well, something’s happening.

New card, standard frequency, requires Railway out to Burrow. So far vague and mysterious, looks like it needs to be played a few times. Almost certainly getting ready for what happens in checks notes exactly seven days.

3 Likes

I have one character who has gotten this card twice already. The unlock for this card includes a requirement for persuasive of 230. This character has a 230 persuasive without gear. My other character has not gotten this card at all. This could just be bad luck but this character has a persuasive of 230 but it is currently at about 229.75 due to a recent trip to the Cave of the Nadir. However, this second character also has gear that boosts his persuasive to well greater than 230. Is the unlock requirement a base persuasive or the persuasive after including the bonuses from gear?

1 Like

I believe its the modified persuasive value. I just got the card and hovering over it said it was unlocked because of my 230+ persuasive with some gear on but said I only needed 230. I equipped a weasel of woe to drop it well below 230 and while the card didn’t disappear, it would not let me play it. Switched to the talkative rattus faber and just enough gear to get it to 229 and it still wouldn’t let me play. Added one more piece of gear to get it to 230 and it worked.

3 Likes

I just read the patch notes and, in addition to the persuasive 230 requirement, you also have to be a “True denizen of the neath”. The character who is not getting the card does NOT have this latter quality. I will have to look into how to obtain this. Thanks.

1 Like

Aha! It appears that you must complete your ambition to become a “True denizen of the neath”. One of my characters completed this long ago but my Alt never even started it. That is the reason for not obtaining the new card. Thanks for helping me figure this out.

3 Likes

About the Machinations of the Masters card, has anyone reached the end yet? I’ve just finished the Infiltrate the Bazaar section, but it seems conceivable that someone really lucky might have already finished and seen what happens. And if one had, by chance finished, would one be willing to provide a very vague hint as to anything that changes or is unlocked?

EDIT: Ooooo, the result is exciting indeed! I have great hopes for this. Great hopes indeed…

I haven’t even gotten the card once yet, despite being well past all the necessary qualifications. The RNG must be playing silly buggers, as they say. (Or don’t).

Unless I’m missing something? Is there a specific place in London it needs be drawn?

Is someone else finding the game extremely slow to respond at times this weekend?

1 Like

No, I think the RNG is just being a silly billy. It’s a Standard frequency card and there are a lot of those, so it’s just a matter of waiting until it appears.

1 Like