Weekly Fallen London Questions, 05/07/2021

Here’s this week’s thread for quick Fallen London questions!

Is there any word when the festival that will replace elections will be?

It’s been a bit since I read the blog post, but if memory serves it was to take place at roughly the same time elections did. So if I’m right, late July.

Re Dreams of Immobility: this was asked just at the end of the last weekly thread, and someone said to check the Viric Jungle. I have no clue how to get there. The wiki says from Parabola but also the base camp requires all sorts of things that seem way beyond me to get. Become a silverer? I’m waiting for Time or card just to become a stalker! Any tips? Is there a card or something?

Setting up a Parabolan Base-Camp does take some work, but you’ll be using it a lot once you have it. You’ll need a university lab and a stash of resources.

OK then. Thanks. This will take quite some time. And it’s a reason to postpone getting kicked out of the university, which I am steadily approaching. I was going to build a zubmarine, but I think this might take precedence. I’m kind of itching to go to Zee on a scientific voyage, but I may need to revise my plans. Damnit. Sometimes the game’s priorities for me are not mine :)

Don’t the dreams of immobility require a Hunter’s Instinct for Nightmares (which requires a parabolan base camp)?

I believe there’s an extra (identical) set of them that requires A Hunter’s Instinct for Nightmares, just so people with that quality can progress faster.

I’ve built up a network of 10 in the Khanate… now what? I’ve planted a reverse spy in London, intercepted 50 cables, bought crates back to London (an excellent source of Airag!). Have I exhausted my options?

I suppose the main &quotconclusion&quot is the reverse-spy and the resulting pair of spy-boots. Now it’s simply an area of repeatable activities, should you need any of the results. It’s pretty good EPA.

I would definitely obtain the two flavours of filled mirrorcatch boxes, if you haven’t already. We don’t know where it’s leading, but it sure looks like it’s leading somewhere, and there’s one one colour left. One from sabatoguing the plant, another from obtaining a Corresponding Sounder and interacting with it from your inventory.

thanks PSGarak!

Is there a new world quality today? Like the one last week that gave the new dream?

I’ve got two non-discardable new dream cards (A Dream of Immobility) clogging up my hand - in fact they’re almost but not quite identical - and no idea what they’re for. I mean, I assume they’re related to the Parabolan War, but I’m not playing that content yet. Is the only way to get rid of them to use them? Is there any discussion on the forum about them that I can check about it?
edited by theonie on 7/8/2021

Two of the new dreams are not at all pleasant. I’ve found both the albatross and the immobility ones literally nightmarish. I suppose the only way not to get them is not to play the relevant cards at zee (since they use up the quality acquired there as they’re played). May be wrong, of course.

[quote=theonie]I’ve got two non-discardable new dream cards (A Dream of Immobility) clogging up my hand - in fact they’re almost but not quite identical - and no idea what they’re for. I mean, I assume they’re related to the Parabolan War, but I’m not playing that content yet. Is the only way to get rid of them to use them? Is there any discussion on the forum about them that I can check about it?
edited by theonie on 7/8/2021[/quote]You can get rid of those dreams by going to the Viric Jungle - you’ll find a new storylet there.

[quote=34Witches][quote=theonie]I’ve got two non-discardable new dream cards (A Dream of Immobility) clogging up my hand - in fact they’re almost but not quite identical - and no idea what they’re for. I mean, I assume they’re related to the Parabolan War, but I’m not playing that content yet. Is the only way to get rid of them to use them? Is there any discussion on the forum about them that I can check about it?

edited by theonie on 7/8/2021[/quote]You can get rid of those dreams by going to the Viric Jungle - you’ll find a new storylet there.[/quote]
Hmm, I don’t see a new storylet in Viric…? Oh, do you mean I have to use the dream card(s) first? Are these related to the Parabolan War, or just for extra fun?

[quote=theonie]Hmm, I don’t see a new storylet in Viric…? Oh, do you mean I have to use the dream card(s) first? Are these related to the Parabolan War, or just for extra fun?[/quote]Yes, you’ll need to play the new cards. They will increase your Having Recurring Dreams: Nothing Beside Remains quality (up to 10) - the higher you get this, the easier it will be to get rid of the dreams. The text on the cards also changes as this quality increases.

Once you’ve got rid of them, you’ll get what they’re about: it appears to be something to do with why the Viscountess is currently on the run
edited by 34Witches on 7/8/2021

[quote=34Witches][quote=theonie]Hmm, I don’t see a new storylet in Viric…? Oh, do you mean I have to use the dream card(s) first? Are these related to the Parabolan War, or just for extra fun?[/quote]Yes, you’ll need to play the new cards. They will increase your Having Recurring Dreams: Nothing Beside Remains quality (up to 10) - the higher you get this, the easier it will be to get rid of the dreams. The text on the cards also changes as this quality increases.

Once you’ve got rid of them, you’ll get what they’re about: it appears to be something to do with why the Viscountess is currently on the run
edited by 34Witches on 7/8/2021[/quote]
Thank you very much! This is very helpful! :)

So, if I have this right, I’m locked out of obtaining a unique item and quality(which had no indication along the way of even existing!) because I didn’t choose to be horrendously vain with the railway statues, save for the case where I chalk up money for Fate to tear them down. Do I have that right?

You’re correct in that you’re locked out of it until you accumulate fate, yes. Otherwise, building statues of yourself raised your ‘Honoured with a Statue’ quality which is an indication of something happening and the only reason a large portion of players probably did so. Did anyone expect to get an item out of it? Probably not. Is the item any good? If you have a Membership of God’s Editors, not at all.

Basically, the game ‘rewards’ you for consistent roleplay. Vanity items for vain people. Regardless, everyone that completes every statue on the railway gets the true reward: The Amber Vision of the Sea of Spines.