Weekly Fallen London Questions, 03/08/2020

Here’s this week’s quick questions thread!

For the second station, do I need 10 additional tracks because of unexpected problems like at the first station? I would like to know if I have to provide 30 or 40 tracks for the next station.

Well, there’ll be more tracks to make after that too, if you make 40 it won’t go to waste

Someone may have already answered this, but if I am already a PP of the Old School, and research Mr. Spice’s new drug, does my Watchful cap get reset down to 212? Or should I just say no to drugs to stay at 215?
edited by Snort on 8/5/2020

Check you stats in MYSELF tab. Do you have Persuasive whatever/215? I think not, because old school allows overcap but caps are still at 200.
It will not lower you current stat.
edited by Waterpls on 8/5/2020

[quote=Waterpls]Check you stats in MYSELF tab. Do you have Persuasive whatever/215? I think not, because old school allows overcap but caps are still at 200.
It will not lower you current stat.
edited by Waterpls on 8/5/2020[/quote]

It says whatever/203. So it will go to whatever/212, but still actually perform as 215+possessions in use?

Yep

No one told me there would be math.

Unfortunately, FL is all math.

I don’t really think so… mathing out optimal play is a minigame within FL that some people find fun, but it’s really quite optional.

[quote=Snort]Someone may have already answered this, but if I am already a PP of the Old School, and research Mr. Spice’s new drug, does my Watchful cap get reset down to 212? Or should I just say no to drugs to stay at 215?
edited by Snort on 8/5/2020[/quote]

In order to explain this a little better: The old overcap has overridden your current Stats, without touching the cap. The new system raises the cap so that you can levelup the usual way.

This is, on the long term better than the old system, since if you lost cp via nadir, you can reguary levelup the stats again (up to the cap) in stead of grinding notability 15 again (not possible anymore, unless you have overcapped that way already).

It’s just a little sad in the current state of game for people that have overcapped the old way, since the old cap was 215 and the new cap is, at least right now, 212. But I think that’s just a temporary problem.

/edit: Asrata was right, added a clarification.
/edit2: according to the comments, another clarification. ^^&quot
edited by Judaspriester on 8/6/2020

[quote=Judaspriester][quote=Snort]Someone may have already answered this, but if I am already a PP of the Old School, and research Mr. Spice’s new drug, does my Watchful cap get reset down to 212? Or should I just say no to drugs to stay at 215?
edited by Snort on 8/5/2020[/quote]

This is, on the long term better, since if you lost cp via nadir, you can reguary levelup the stats again (up to the cap) in stead of grinding notability 15 again.[/quote]
I it actually no longer possible to overcap to 215 using notability

From what I see, old-style PP can still get back up to 215 in the old way. It certainly comes up on the Unsigned Message card (not tried it, since I have an unspoilt set of 4x215).

Yes, I still draw the card as well.

I don’t think Paramount Presence of the Ancient Regime is a requirement. Any Paramount Presence can probably overcap to 215 by spending 15 Notability.

About the Overcapping… I’m no PP until now. the ‘An Unsigned Message’ card “just” allows me to increase my shadowy.
Another option that was forgotten to be locked?

Just noticed two interesting things:

1. A 55 cap on renown, but afaik that is not achievable right now, at least without fate.
  2. Revolutionary favours cash-in now scales with renown. That seems like an interesting way of keeping favours relevant considering the average endgame EPA. Do you think this will be added to other favour cash-ins?
    edited by Lucius Vera on 8/7/2020

[quote=Lucius Vera]Just noticed two interesting things:

1. A 55 cap on renown, but afaik that is not achievable right now, at least without fate.
    edited by Lucius Vera on 8/7/2020[/quote]
    I saw that too, when upping Constables (I think) renown on an alt yesterday, but wasn’t really paying attention and thought I misread it. I guess it was indeed real, then. Interesting…

[quote=Tintinnabulum][quote=Lucius Vera]Just noticed two interesting things:

edited by Lucius Vera on 8/7/2020[/quote]
    I saw that too, when upping Constables (I think) renown on an alt yesterday, but wasn’t really paying attention and thought I misread it. I guess it was indeed real, then. Interesting…[/quote]

Same here. But I’m still a loooong way from the cap, so didn’t pay much attention.
edited by Snort on 8/8/2020

On a different note, I’m now resigned to going to Parabola, since there seems to be a Bone Market / Laboratory / Parabola / Railway knot I can’t untie. That seems to mean grinding for Memories of Light. The cards I know about are few and far between, and have low payoffs. Converting invoves grinding other materials and a LOT of converting. The Implacable Detective grind is a massive action suck with a low payoff, and even using Fate gives a relatively low payoff.

Am I missing something, or is it back to the salt mines for me?