Weekly Fallen London Questions, 02/10/2017

The last time they gave out the rubberies (that I know of) was for beta testing the app. I think they only give it away for big bugs and the like.
edited by suinicide on 10/5/2017

Speaking of mysterious rubbery acquisitions, I’ve seen at least two or three players with this fascinating facial configuration:

How did they obtain this? Or is this question illegal…

Good point. How about Mystic players start the game with a +1 status with the Fingerkings, while all other classes start with =0? I’m using the Blades in the Dark system, in case you’re wondering. It’s going well so far. At least, v2 is looking better than v1. :)

[quote=a Nice Friend]Speaking of mysterious rubbery acquisitions, I’ve seen at least two or three players with this fascinating facial configuration:

How did they obtain this? Or is this question illegal…[/quote]

As far as I know, it is (or, in any case, at one time was) available as a cameo when starting a character through the Android/iOS app. (The app bugged out for me while I was choosing a cameo, as it happens, so I can’t confirm either way — I’m just pretty lucky that it chose the most appropriate one for Gallmarch.)

According to the descriptions, Rubbery Associates are given out for most bugs and Rubbery Conspirators are given out for the really big bugs. But who knows if they’re still doing that.

Good point. How about Mystic players start the game with a +1 status with the Fingerkings, while all other classes start with =0? I’m using the Blades in the Dark system, in case you’re wondering. It’s going well so far. At least, v2 is looking better than v1. :)[/quote]
Ooh, I’m in a Blades in the Dark campaign right now! Unfortunately I’m new to the system so can’t really suggest much right now.

According to the descriptions, Rubbery Associates are given out for most bugs and Rubbery Conspirators are given out for the really big bugs. But who knows if they’re still doing that.[/quote]
If intemperate wine-fuelled complaints about misspellings of ‘Edgware’ count as bug reports, I can confirm that they are no longer giving out Rubbery Associates for bug reports. (Incredibly patient responses, yes, but they’re not equippable.)

I guess you’re talking about locking yourself out of all the cards, right? Because there’s no such thing as a maxing out dream qualities (yet)! :P

Well yes. I could hypothetically raise them further with a handful of red bordered cards and the Nadir. But I dun wanna :P

Don’t you know you gotta get that 99 Is Someone There?

As someone who clicks dreams at every opportunity, it did seem to me like Chess took the longest to get started on. In fact it took until I was a PoSI and had found the Nadir – so it wasn’t even drawing it. Perhaps there was some prerequisite?

Edit: Checked in; no prerequisites. Maybe we’re all just really unlucky.
edited by ReusedNPC on 10/6/2017

So, not exactly a FL question but: have people entering the art competition been receiving acknowledgement emails? I sent my entry in yesterday and I want to be sure it’s gone through, but I also don’t want to hassle support if they’re just short staffed at the moment.

I submitted my artwork two weeks ago and the staff replied after a week. Maybe they are really busy right now.

[quote=Reused NPC]Don’t you know you gotta get that 99 Is Someone There?

As someone who clicks dreams at every opportunity, it did seem to me like Chess took the longest to get started on. In fact it took until I was a PoSI and had found the Nadir – so it wasn’t even drawing it. Perhaps there was some prerequisite?

edited by ReusedNPC on 10/6/2017[/quote]

I’m convinced that has to be a joke requirement that they’ll replace once the storylet is ready. The rest are feasible semi-difficult grinds, that’s an endless parade of nephritite lenses :/

[quote=Urthdigger][quote=Reused NPC]Don’t you know you gotta get that 99 Is Someone There?

edited by ReusedNPC on 10/6/2017[/quote]

I’m convinced that has to be a joke requirement that they’ll replace once the storylet is ready. The rest are feasible semi-difficult grinds, that’s an endless parade of nephritite lenses :/[/quote]
It probably is. Through the Nadir (the only uncapped method of increasing IST, you’d need… 3950 of that single Nadir card and, if you were so lucky as to get nothing but it every week, it’d still take almost a decade. Either it’s going to be replaced or it’s a fancier way of saying &quotImpossible!&quot. Although it also says &quotImpossible!&quot anyways.

I am almost ready for certain Island. But there is 4532.21 Echo in my wallet. How should i conserve it? Rookery passwords on all money?
edited by Waterpls on 10/8/2017

Yep! Rookery passwords, as many as you can carry.

Speaking of this - assuming one follows the optimal strategy of selling everything (is that actually optimal, or are some things better off converted somehow before/instead of selling?) and buying rookery passwords, how hard should it be to rebuild a proper end-game hoard? Are there many items that must be sold, but can’t be easily bought/obtained back?

I’m still hesitating to seek, and this island is basically the only thing holding me back at this point, as almost everything else has straightforward grinds.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 10/8/2017

I almost have enough Mark of Credit Pages to head to the Iron Republic for Ambition: Nemesis, this would be my first time there, anything I should know or bring with me?

Well 40 renown and 7 favors for Hell is nice to have if you go to the Iron Republic, since their last faction item is there. You can always come back later for it though of course.

[quote=Bitty]I almost have enough Mark of Credit Pages to head to the Iron Republic for Ambition: Nemesis, this would be my first time there, anything I should know or bring with me?[/quote]Care about Wounds. Dont come with 6 or more.

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Speaking of this - assuming one follows the optimal strategy of selling everything (is that actually optimal, or are some things better off converted somehow before/instead of selling?) and buying rookery passwords, how hard should it be to rebuild a proper end-game hoard? Are there many items that must be sold, but can’t be easily bought/obtained back?

I’m still hesitating to seek, and this island is basically the only thing holding me back at this point, as almost everything else has straightforward grinds.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 10/8/2017[/quote]If you are finished with Renown 40 for all factions you probably do not need all those items. From practical viewpoint. ~1500 Echo items are hard to obtain, but they are useless.
edited by Waterpls on 10/8/2017

For Nemesis I think you need some items A Stone Tentacled Key and 2 Portfolios of Souls

It might take you more than one cycle to get through the Republic. Don’t worry about your menaces as they will fluctuate wildly during your visit. But you can spend some of the quality you gain during your visit to reduce them at the end.