Weekly Fallen London Questions, 02/10/2017

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]Speaking of this - assuming one follows the optimal strategy of selling everything (is that actually optimal, or are some things better off converted somehow before/instead of selling?) and buying rookery passwords, how hard should it be to rebuild a proper end-game hoard? Are there many items that must be sold, but can’t be easily bought/obtained back?
[/quote]

It depends on your question. If you Hate or Grieve, then the 3200-scrap items, Fluke Cores, Elemental Secrets, Greyfields 1868 First Sporing, the Fabulous Diamond, and Sooth & Copper Longboxes are probably the hardest to re-acquire. That’s in addition to all the normal Wines, Intrigue, Nostalgia, Cartography, and Elder items. Everything else is safe to hold on to.

If you want to ask the other question, then you must also rid yourself of Mysteries, Rag Trade, Wild Words, and Rubbery Items as well. Some of which may be impossible (ie. Crimson Book) or almost impossible (ie. Dreadful Surmise) to re-acquire.
edited by Draethor on 10/9/2017
edited by Draethor on 10/9/2017

If you’re planning on going North, what good to you is your stockpile of possessions? Let it all be consumed. But yes, if you want some echoes available for whatever in your limited remaining time, finding the highest-cost Favour to Renown conversion item to buy and then later resell is the best way forward.

If you’re seeking but don’t intend to finish it out, you’re crazy, but I guess you’ve set yourself an interesting problem.
edited by Tyrconnell on 10/9/2017

Random observation, my seeker finished her quest approximately 8 months ago with Nightmares 8. She still has Nightmares 2.
The TtH nightmare drop is apparently so small as to be almost useless…

[quote=Pumpkinhead]Random observation, my seeker finished her quest approximately 8 months ago with Nightmares 8. She still has Nightmares 2.
The TtH nightmare drop is apparently so small as to be almost useless…[/quote]
Well, it only drops by a change point per week. Assuming your seeker had exactly 8 with no change points to spare, it’d still be… 33 weeks to go down to exactly 2.

All the menaces drop by 1 change point except for Wounds, which drops by 2. (It seems odd to me that Scandal doesn’t also decrease by 2, but eh.) Time the Healer isn’t the most notable of menace reductions.

Alright, that doesn’t sound too bad. I’m still grinding scrap, so I’ll just have to not turn it in to the relickers, and I can live without the other few items.

That was my fear. Well, I guess if I’m going to be turning back anyway, the question doesn’t really matter, does it?

For now, I just want to keep my options open. You know, go slightly horribly insane, and almost drive myself to utter destruction, but not quite so much as to not be presentable for tea.

And since I really don’t care about getting married to a rubbery, no matter how fascinating they are, the extra BDR is always welcome.