Weekly Fallen London Questions, 02/10/2017

In theory anyone can have a relationship with the Fingerkings, as long as they can dream. I don’t know what sort of system you’re using, but I’d suggest that non-Mystic players be able to communicate with the Fingerkings as well, but with much more difficulty and worse results.

@ Pumpkinhead – thank you, that is at least reliably the same amount…

Is there any good way to get Primeval Hints?

Up converting elder items or archeological expeditions, neither are a great source though.

Is there a general consensus as to whether or not fate-locked expedition are worth it, in terms of EPA? The description also talks about choices being reset, so is there a story to go along with the expedition? Is there any lore value there?

Edit: Assuming that docks favours are being used for supplies of course
edited by ExceptionallyDelicious on 10/4/2017

Gallery of Serpents is definitely worthwhile. Uttermost Wind, on the other hand, might hand you 200 Whispered Secrets and a Storm-Threnody for your trouble.

Gallery of Serpents is actually more profitable if you pay cash for supplies rather than using favours. The downside is of course that fewer actions per expedition means spending Fate more often.

I’m sure the math works out but I can’t figure out how. Because showing the money takes 4 actions and 10 echoes and gives you 4 supplies. Docks favors give me 4 supplies for every two actions. Now I am almost at max ability to gain docks favors so I usually average 3-5 a day so the only way I’m seeing it as being more profitable is I’m doing expeditions daily. Could someone please direct me to the math that shows me I’m wrong?

My guess would be that favors are still better, but you don’t have infinite supply of them. Assuming infinite fate (har har), you’ll get more money faster by spending every available action getting supplies or on an expedition, and that means spending the money you earn from the expedition on your supplies.

It is also worth noting that on both fate expeditions, the rivals can be very active and it is well worth heeding the warning about extra supplies. Nothing is more tedious than having paid fate and then ending up with the expedition failing.

How I can process to five in the dreams - Death By Water, Burial of the Dead, Fire Sermon and What the Thunder Said without shuffling thousands opportunity cards? I have about 110 persuasive, 75 watchful, 20 shadowy and 4 dangerous.
And also, why if I got over 100 persuasive, storyline to become POSI send me to the watchmaker hills, and to continue I must have 100 dangerous?
Sorry for all possible errors, I know english not very well.

The process of becoming a POSI assumes that you’ll have 100 in all four stats.

Dreams are usually raised through cards.

It took me something like a year and a half to max out all my dream qualities. The Game of Chess one was the worst.

Dreams are entirely raised through cards. [Edit: Actually, there are a tiny handful of at least partial exceptions. For example, you can raise Death by Water through dinners… but the preparer has to have a Counterfeit Head of John the Baptist, and there’s no way to acquire one without cards.]

You need 100 in one stat to start that stage of the POSI process, but you need 100 (with equipment) in all four to finish it. SInce you don’t get anything from being partway through, it doesn’t really matter that Dangerous is the first one to check off.[li]
edited by Tyrconnell on 10/5/2017

Good that I don’t need Game of chess.
edited by Nikita1221 on 10/5/2017

Geez really? I’m approaching two years and the only one that hit 18 was What the Thunder Said (which is now much lower because I got stormy eyed). Most of the rest are around 10-15, except Is Someone There?, which is like 5.
I guess I probably don’t check in that often to be able to flip all my cards.

[quote=Nikita1221]Good that I don’t need Game of chess.
edited by Nikita1221 on 10/5/2017[/quote]
What are you using the dreams for? The only thing I can remember that checks multiple dream requirements is in Heart’s Desire ambition, and that is definitely not the best choice of the one’s offered

Not that I’m being impatient, but do they still hand out Rubbery Associates for bug reports and feedback?

[quote=Pumpkinhead][quote=Nikita1221]Good that I don’t need Game of chess.
edited by Nikita1221 on 10/5/2017[/quote]
What are you using the dreams for? The only thing I can remember that checks multiple dream requirements is in Heart’s Desire ambition, and that is definitely not the best choice of the one’s offered[/quote]One of the Persuasive requirement for Paramount Presence is that you have a whole lot of a whole bunch of different dreams (10 levels in all but Game of Chess, and 5 in Death by Water). Game of Chess not being part of that group is the reason for celebration, I presume.

[quote=ReusedNPC]Not that I’m being impatient, but do they still hand out Rubbery Associates for bug reports and feedback?[/quote]If they do, they aren’t doing it at all often. I haven’t heard of anybody actually getting a Rubbery during my playtime of about a year and a half.