We need new end-level appropriate contents.

[quote=babelfishwars][quote=Tommy Wi]
Oops. My bad.If you were offended, I’m sorry. I should study harder on english usage and grammar?.
[li][/quote][/li][li]Not offended. Just suggesting that you’ll have more interesting discussions if you consider that there will be other opinions on the game to yours, and thus most of the things you declare ‘wrong’ might just be ‘not to your tastes’.

And you might find an interesting discussion emerging. E.g. How could a snuffer’s face be shadowy? You’ve stuck a big melty face on your face - you’ll not be recognised, but you’ll be REALLY NOTICEABLE. :-)
[/li][/quote]

I felt that it was more like disguise ( Which is speciality of actual Snuffers ) or stimulant. Then again, Gloam-foam is more fitting for disguise, so I guess you’re right on snuffer’s face. I confused two :(

[li]
Roleplay-wise, I still think that wax mask is more expensive, unhealthy and Foreign! gasp alternative to Monocle. at least Monocle is supposed to protect my eye from savageness of Neath-secret, and is an must have item for Gentle-men-women-squid-things.
edited by Tommy Wi on 9/24/2013

Is it an issue? Is there anything to indicate that it was always the devs’ intent that we be able to maximise all of our stats equally? They’ve never promised anything like more Watchful shoes, and with the new difficulty mechanics, one more item doesn’t make a great difference one way or another.

Personally, I admit, I do like consistency, and I do wonder about some of the weirder items. Like, what’s gloam-foam when it’s at hoam? Are we just walking around wearing this strange dusky ointment? How does a Snuffer’s Face differ from a Tanned Mask? How come something as exotic as Parabola-linen clothing is available for common sale, and why is a glowing cream-coloured suit more Shadowy than a light-drinking black frock coat? The Lenguals, well, I think they make some sense as they are - sticking five slippery tongues over your fingers probably would aid in loosing valuables - but they are really disgusting.

All that said, A: the devs know what sort of story and game balancing they’re aiming towards, and I don’t, and B: I’m all for more variety of items so that people can choose their favourites and customise their characters as they like! I like some of the new items very much - the amber tiara, for instance, is very well-designed all round. You know what change I would like to see? A rearrangement of the inventory page to accommodate large numbers of items per slot, to reflect the system that’s emerged of large, diverse wardrobes rather than small, optimised ones.

And outfits. Clicking the same 6 items every time I want to go from dangerous to persuasive (or back) … gets old.

Seconded, though I’d also support having a row of &quotOptimize [Quality]&quot buttons, sort of like in the Final Fantasy games, where the game picks out the best equipment you have for a particular stat. That would serve pretty much the same role that outfits would, and it would handle new equipment better (i.e. you don’t have to remake an outfit when you trade one piece of equipment for another).

[quote=Tommy Wi] (omitted for brevity. See Page 2 for rest of discussion),

I think that high-level items make game much more fun. For example, I had jolly fun while seeking for The Ubergoat - It costed two Overgoat, but end result was so lovely and hilarious. It would be better if such end-level gears were acquired through PSOI-like odeal instead of buying with raw cash (omit).[/quote]

Addition: New option to craft end-level gear would be good. Items such as [color=#99ffff]Bejeweled Cane, Velocipede [/color]and [color=#99ffff]Neddy suit/Anarchist’s Sable[/color] have unique and interesting story behind them, giving a sense of &quotcharacter&quot to item.
For example, &quotSeeking the Meaning of the Plaster Face&quot storylet ensured me to keep my outdated ratty companions even though they mess up with my inventory space. Too bad that I cannot interact with them anymore.

In contrast, almost every up-to-date gears only require you to &quotThrow lots and lots money here!&quot, even when they have potential to be interesting. [crossout] and that’s why developer who came up with &quotbuy/sell dialouge&quot idea should get hug and cookie [/crossout]
I think that only up-to-date gear nowday that still have &quotcharacter&quot is Scuttering Squad, as their buy/sell dialouge does good job showing their mercernary characteristic.

That’s why I want to see new crafting odeal for such items. That will allow us to: enjoy more delicious content; actually USE rare and interesting items that have no real use (High-end Rag Trade items like Bombazine or Parabola-Linen have cannot be used for clothing, just as Diamonds cannot be used for… diamond ring. What happened to devs who made Bazaar Side-Street? ); have something to do other than digging rubbles. Or grinding Zombie-Fat Candles.

PS: Also, I miss several item-specific cards, even though most of them are useless (See: http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/item-dependent-cards). So far, apart from &quotLike rats and cats&quot penalty card, there are no more events or storylets that adds uniqueness and character to items.

[li]

So true! Why can’t there be a system like in Kingdom of Loathing?

So true! Why can’t there be a system like in Kingdom of Loathing?[/quote]

[li]
I agree. That system is very useful, more so because KnC is back. Speaking of inconvinient system, I want my scrapbook to be more than impractical dashboard. How am I supposed to show my devotion (140 FATE, to be precise) to Sunless Sea?

PS: By the way - hello, fellow Loathingian. What’s going on on KoL? Haven’t played that for some time…

I’m not on KoL anymore. I’ve quit it a long time ago, but I’ll always have fond memories of it. In some ways FL is very similar to KoL (both are text-based browser MMO-ish games) and it would be good if FL were to adopt some of the better features of KoL.