We need new end-level appropriate contents.

I intend to send the knave stoutly packing. Because I can.

is there any chance on the “throw the Jewel Thief into a volcano” option in the distant future or should I just go pull him out of the Sidestreets so I can banish him forever

[li]
color=#009900[/color]

Personally, I’m going to send him poutily stacking - because he can sulk all he likes, but those punnets aren’t going to pile themselves.

color=#009900[/color][/quote]

nooooo

I banished the jewel thief to the land of wind and ghosts, but the model does not seem to have a banishment option. Am I supposed to be able to get rid of her too? I’d like the option like I had with the theif, but I didn’t see it on her card.

Edit: I just wanted to say this change has made me extremely happy. My character is a happily married woman. She has no time for the theif and the model’s flirtatious shenanigans.
edited by NiteBrite on 6/20/2013

Well that was fun. Hopefully the Model will gain a similar option for those who need to be rid of her card.

I’m not banishing him until the exceptional rose petpanions become real companions as promised, but I’m glad it will be an option!

Also, I’m glad people got their kick starter cameos, but I’d add those cards (northbound parliamentarian, etc.) to the ‘useless and annoying’ cards pile. Their little snippet of plot was nice, but they have no replay value. I think that’s the reoccurring problem with cards listed here–no replay value, especially at higher levels.

Actually, I haven’t seen most of them in quite a while. The only one I’ve seen aside from the Northbound Parliamentarian is the Paronomastic Newshound, and he gives an Extraordinary Implication if you talk to him about the Tomb-Colonies. Definitely not useless.

If I recall correctly the kickstarter card rewards got a major overhaul (as did their result text) to where some pay out extremely well and -then- after that happened they became super rare. Only the newshound and the parliamentarian are still somewhat common.

Yeah - the Perfectionist, the Turophile, the Cardsharp and I have vanished. I can only assume that we’re being saved for some future Tomb-Colonies content.

Yes, I noticed that these three cards have banished completely. And as I mentioned earlier, several cards underwent drastic change, which is great. Afterall, In-game wise, some cards would fit more as stroylet. &quotSeeking the meaning of the plaster face&quot was good example, It now feels like proper investigating detective. (Shame that we don’t have bloody smoking pipe for proper gentle-wo/man down here!) This was one of most pleasant surprise that I’ve seen here.

If FBG need someone to point out outdated storylets, they should just ask forum. I think FBG staffs are already busy with new forgotten quarter excavation. (By the way, kudos for this. Digging out juicy secrets of Neath = most frabjous™ experience )

PS: Come to think about it, combining &quotcalling in favor&quot options to their respectable connection cards will be lovely idea. Recommended by Nedemmons
[color=#bf9000]
[/color][li]
PS2: It’s surprising to see that so many people have issue with Jewel thief and dating model. I thought that everyone just shoved them to bazaar sidestreet. I thought that artist and his model would be center of unwanted card discussion.
edited by Tommy Wi on 6/20/2013

[quote=Joy Phillip]This is just what I threw together tonight in about two hours while playing and surfing/watching TV. Please understand Failbetter, I’m not saying these are bad, but they are not ones that get used when the stats are above 120, and in some cases like Melancholy, Someone is Coming, and so on, it’s not useful at high levels. <snip>
[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]I insulted both the Jewel Thief and the Model, just to make sure I never got those cards again! (The final storylets are pretty entertaining, too–&quotthat thing with her hair!&quot &quottying his shoelaces together&quot, indeed!)
[/li][li]
[/li][li] I dump the Cheesemonger and Old Friend cards myself, and the &quotPast Benefactor&quot card (particularly useless if you chose the Watchful option which I did). I don’t mind the others Joy cited though. Even 1 Certifiable Scrap is useful if you’re trying to get 3200, and I don’t believe that I’ll get more profitable &quotCertifiable Scrap&quot cards by simply turfing out the 1-scrap cards. The others may not maximize profit, but anything that gives Secrets is in my opinion useful, and I like to replay stuff like the Palace Cellars every once in awhile just in case FB has tweaked them.

[/li]

I (and my Übergoat) wish to thank the Failbetter Team for recent improvements on contents and/or options for high~end level players. I saw several improvements on several formerly-useless actions, and although it is still &quotgood enough but still can be better&quot, I’m grateful for such in-game progress. :) I especially like how stat-dependable mechanic got applied on Forger’s option. Such a good and balanced idea, that one.

Keep up the good work, Lord Tiger and FBG teams! I tip my hat and promise that I’ll be more careless when spending FATE/NEX. Gotta join House of Chimes when vacation season ends![li]

After reading ‘On Romances, Companions And Pets’, long-dormant question resurfaced: Why there are so much outdated gears?

Most famous example is Mirror-polished Shoes, which is famous for being only one chance will let you have it, is low-leveled, and is only Watchful Shoe available. It’s not like developers don’t know about them - Far Khanate Lacquered Armour, for example, is solution for lack of high-tier Dangerous cloth. Yet, for some uncomprehensible reason, other such issues were ignored - instead of doing similar update, they added redundant gears such as Snuffer’s Face and Gloam-Foam. To this day, I cannot understand why these items have wierd stat like that. They should have been shadowy version of Devilish Fedora and Fecund Amber Tiara. Why did they made such mistake even though they knew these were issue?

See also:
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1935-pets-just-got-boosted-spoilers.aspx
http://community.failbettergames.com/topic1963-whats-new-this-summer.aspx

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Dangerous_Itemshttp://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Watchful_Items http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowy_Itemshttp://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Persuasive_Items

PS: If anyone actually found Snuffer’s Face and Gloam-Foam useful, feel free to report this or/and tell me why. Because I cant understand why.

I like my Snuffer’s face. I wear it when I want to be unrecognised. Or when I’m not K&C playing. Aside from stats … content? Game atmosphere? Story hints?

It’s odd you think the developers make mistakes by not making the game tediously consistent. I suspect they force us to make interesting choices. Which is interesting.
edited by babelfishwars on 9/24/2013

[quote=babelfishwars][quote=Tommy Wi]
Most famous example is Mirror-polished Shoes, which is famous for being only one chance will let you have it, is low-leveled, and is only Watchful Shoe available. … they added redundant gears such as Snuffer’s Face and Gloam-Foam. … Why did they made such mistake even though they knew these were issue?
[/quote]

I like my Snuffer’s face. I wear it when I want to be unrecognised. Or when I’m not K&C playing. Aside from stats … content? Game atmosphere? Story hints?

It’s odd you think the developers make mistakes by not making the game tediously consistent. I suspect they force us to make interesting choices. Which is interesting.
edited by babelfishwars on 9/24/2013[/quote]
Well, that’s exactly what I’m talking about - Snuffer’s face is Watchful item, not Shadowy item. I shift between metagamer and roleplayer, but this item displease both side. At least Lengual, which should have been persuasive, was very useful. But this? Useless, and it’s not like it provides in-game option like Patent Scrutinizer or such.

Also, I think that high-level items make game much more fun. For example, I had jolly fun while seeking for The Ubergoat - It costed two Overgoat, but end result was so lovely and hilarious. It would be better if such end-level gears were acquired through PSOI-like odeal instead of buying with raw cash, but oh well.[li][/li][li]PS: Speaking of interesting items, have you bought an item just because of in-character reason or/and description? I do. Consonant violin, Violet Amber, Disgraced L.B. Cheif, Watchful Doll… so lovely.[/li][li]
edited by Tommy Wi on 9/24/2013

[quote=Tommy Wi]
Well, that’s exactly what I’m talking about - Snuffer’s face is Watchful item, not Shadowy item. I shift between metagamer and roleplayer, but this item displease both side. At least Lengual, which should have been persuasive, was very useful. But this? Useless, and it’s not like it provides in-game option like Patent Scrutinizer or such.

Also, I think that high-level items make game much more fun. For example, I had jolly fun while seeking for The Ubergoat - It costed two Overgoat, but end result was so lovely and hilarious. It would be better if such end-level gears were acquired through PSOI-like odeal instead of buying with raw cash, but oh well.[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]I’ve just declared it not to be useless. I use it. Making it not useless. I use it to raise my watchful stats and for in game character role-play (and it goes over your face, your eyes - of COURSE it affects your vision), so to speak. More the latter. But it adds to my enjoyment in a quantifiable way. Thus, useful.

You are taking (your) opinion as fact. The fact I disagree means that this isn’t a mistake on the behalf of the developers, but a situation where one person doesn’t like an implementation, another does. Opinion. [/li]
[li]A mistake is where they intend one thing, and due to error, do/cause something unintended.

Perhaps if you argued your suggestions as ‘I would prefer’ rather than ‘you are wrong’, you’d be more persuasive.

[/li]
edited by babelfishwars on 9/24/2013

[quote=babelfishwars][quote=Tommy Wi]

Also, I think that high-level items make game much more fun. For example, I had jolly fun while seeking for The Ubergoat - It costed two Overgoat, but end result was so lovely and hilarious. It would be better if such end-level gears were acquired through PSOI-like odeal instead of buying with raw cash, but oh well.[li][/quote][/li][li]I’ve just declared it not to be useless. I use it. Making it not useless. I use it to raise my watchful stats and for in game character role-play (and it goes over your face, your eyes - of COURSE it affects your vision), so to speak. More the latter. But it adds to my enjoyment in a quantifiable way. Thus, useful.

You are taking (your) opinion as fact. The fact I disagree means that this isn’t a mistake on the behalf of the developers, but a situation where one person doesn’t like an implementation, another does. Opinion. [/li]
[li]A mistake is where they intend one thing, and due to error, do/cause something unintended.

Perhaps if you argued your suggestions as ‘I would prefer’ rather than ‘you are wrong’, you’d be more persuasive.

[/li]edited by babelfishwars on 9/24/2013[/quote]

Oops. My bad… If you were offended, I’m sorry. I should study harder on english usage and grammar. And I should really deal with my tendency of using ‘denouncing’ (decrying ?) tone toward things that I don’t agree with.
[li][/li][li]
edited by Tommy Wi on 9/24/2013

[quote=Tommy Wi]
Oops. My bad.If you were offended, I’m sorry. I should study harder on english usage and grammar?.
[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]Not offended. Just suggesting that you’ll have more interesting discussions if you consider that there will be other opinions on the game to yours, and thus most of the things you declare ‘wrong’ might just be ‘not to your tastes’.

And you might find an interesting discussion emerging. E.g. How could a snuffer’s face be shadowy? You’ve stuck a big melty face on your face - you’ll not be recognised, but you’ll be REALLY NOTICEABLE. :-)

[/li]