We are working on the Ambition conclusions.

Just wondering: assume you fulfill your Ambition. Assume you even play through the other Ambitions, or not.
What about a new set of Ambitions, related this time to the vast lore you have uncovered all this time in FL?
Same as in Sunless Sea, where, once you have played for a while, you uncover the Aestival hidden Ambition. And then, with Zubmariner, you discovered another one.

Pros: endgame content for those who have done it all. Some of it free, some of it unlocked with an expenditure of Fate. But another set of Ambitions geared towards those who have transcended the search for revenge, money etc and now seek the lore of the Neath, would address the most common complaint: the lack of endgame content. Additionally, if these new Ambitions required some high-end items, it woud give a reason to work the most tiring grinds (perhaps Cider is too expensive, but Paramount Presence, or Poet Laureate, who now do little…)
Cons: work, so much work for FB. This is why I suggested that some of this content could be Fate-Locked. Also, there are some open storylines (Spirifer and Pianist, Dilmun Club) that definitely take priority. Unless, of course, they are rolled into the new Ambitions…

For the 20th birthday :)

I like game-changing mechanics. Like when its Christmas you can pretty much ignore menaces. Or better yet new Hallowmas where you seek them instead.
So something like that would be much better than one item with perfect stats. But it should not be permanent. Something closer to mood card - you get it randomly, activate and (for example) for 24 hours you are playing a bit differently.
edited by Waterpls on 12/11/2019

That would be lovely, the card.
In any case, I am hoping for a grandiose ending story-wise. As I said elsewhere, I didn’t mind that Poet-Laureate or SotC offered almost nothing when you reached the end. I minded that there was no special peace of writing, no storylet, no even a decorative piece of equipment which some words attached. But the ambitions have always been about the writing, right?

Actually, when I was fueling the hype train by raising this question, I was implying loose ends of plots and not even thinking of rewards… (Except for the possibility to start other Ambitions for free. I want them all! :inlove: )
Anyway, thanks for your opinions!

HD, for example:

[spoiler]If the Topsy King regains his sanity, I wish he would consciously choose to stay at the Flit rather than return to the Palace.

And I have a very strong suspicion that the monkey is someone who has bet on their human form and lost.[/spoiler]
edited by JaneAnkhVeos on 12/11/2019

For the 20th birthday :)[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]That’s the spirit![/color]

I think a good addition would be that, once you reach the final leg of Ambition there is an indication that this path you are on is one only of many, and they’ve all brought you here before…or they will bring you here again.

Naturally once you complete at three of them, you get a bonus option the final leg of the fourth (You unlocked this with Bag A Legend/Nemesis/Hearts Desire/Light Fingers [Final Number]) whch gives you some extra story things.

Time is like a Flame, you see, coolest at it’s heart, but wildest at its edges.

[quote=Siankan] <snip>
There are some problems with this, though. Nemesis and Light Fingers are written as being the thing which drew you to the Neath; they involve a Surface death and a Surface contact. How could one reasonably start them after years in the Neath? It’s awkward to say, &quotOh, I came down to find my brother’s murderer, but I got sidetracked for a few years by this wicked poker game.&quot It’s yea more impossibly awkward to say, &quotWell, I had come down to find my brother’s murderer, but I also came down with a lead on a fabulous treasure. I decided to do that first.&quot

This could, I suppose, be sidestepped by letting a post-Ambition player start only Heart’s Desire or Bag a Legend. However, how would the Heart’s Desire player feel about that? Effectively, doing either of these first becomes the bad choice, and we start telling all the Surfacers to start with Nemesis or Light Fingers. That is, I think, hardly what they were designed for.[/quote]
I think it’s pretty easy to justify &quotsidetracked … by this wicked poker game.&quot The Neath is big, and difficult to navigate. One simply might have failed to find any leads–until the time of starting the new Ambition. I don’t think that violates the willing suspension of disbelief you need to cultivate to enjoy any of the Neath in the first place.

I’d guess the House of Mirrors at the Carnival may be involved (it has mirrors which correspond to three of the four Ambitions, but nothing for Light FIngers)

For the 20th birthday :)[/quote]

Eh, we will still be here ::wink:.

Light Fingers has a mirror. The one with the bronze frame.

Light Fingers has a mirror. The one with the bronze frame.[/quote]

Huh, doesn’tshow up when I go there and I have Subtle 4

Oh, I’m glad. I asked about that some days ago in the Salons section, so this post is very welcome ! Thank you for the news ! n_n

I accidently reported someone may god have mercy on my soul

[color=#e53e00] Don’t worry about it. It’s happened to all of us. :) [/color]