We are working on the Ambition conclusions.

exactly though my only problem with switching ambitions is that it wouldn’t be scaled so you could really just finish them lightning fast

At this point I think I’m more likely to obtain a cow the size of a jewel. Which I would be perfectly content with.

And there are ways to forget.

[quote=PSGarak]
And there are ways to forget.[/quote]
I regrettably did not take Edwards offer and fate does not so greatly favour me

I’m not understanding how any of this is relevant in a single-player game. You’re cautioning against a completionist pressure for players whose choices have no impact to your own world and vice versa.

J-

Can it be? are the ambitions truly ending?? at last! after all these year lmao its good to see :D

I’m afraid that I, in turn, am not sure of the intent of the question. Could you elaborate?

So… any theories/wishes/expectations/bets? :menace:

I cannot quite imagine what reward could make the wait worth it, especially since “endgame” is simply grinding for Echoes.

The story. Especially as finished Ambitions are here to stay. Something along the SMEN-“ambition”, single extremely powerful item per Ambition would be nice.

If I were doing it? A piece of equipment with particularly high BDR, which triggered a profitable Rare opportunity card. Extra points if the card 1) involved some randomness (even in text) or 2) used qualities like a Chandler ES. What FB will actually do, who can say?

As a monster-hunter, I want to be able to perform The Rite on the Vake.

Let me lick the blood

Agreed on the rare opportunity card, that would be something special unique and it would also surprise you every now and again, reminding you of the adventure. Alternatively, putting some new cards in other decks. E.g. it would be reasonable for Light Fingers to give you an extra card on Heists, or a literal get-out-of-jail-free card in the menace zone.

It might be nice to keep around a location you could visit. It would be better if you had a reason to do so.

I like those ideas.

Getting to kill a Master!

Don’t care about mechanical rewards, but if a space bat gets taken down I’m happy. Even if it involves some text about how a different Master pretends to take its place, so the rest of the game keeps making sense.

High BDR and a card sounds wonderful. Keep in mind though that future players won’t have to wait years to conclude their Ambitions: they will get to the end within a year, a year and a half. So it cannot be something game-breaking. But still, I am in it for the story, and truth be told, they don’t sound the kind of stories that leave you richer…

Maybe not within a year, but yes, it won’t take six years to get there. I think, on average, that PCs will finish the Ambitions about the time they’re finishing everything else and looking toward Cider and Paramount Presence and the other late-game grinds. I suspect, then, that whatever ultimately comes from the Ambitions will be created with that player in mind.

That said, I agree with you that the the stories don’t necessarily end well (for anyone, much less the PC), and that both past and future players are not necessarily going to be looking for something particularly profitable out of it. The most important thing is that the ending be narratively satisfying; everything else is lagniappe.

The story.[/quote]
Exactly. Delicious words!

There may be endgame rewards – for example, hesperidean cider for someone whose heart’s desire is immortality – but I’d gladly throw that golden firkin out of the window for the slightest chance of a relatively happy ending (or at least a memorable catharsis).

What I’d hope for is an epilogue. The journey has ended; your Ambition has been fulfilled, in whatever form that may be. But there ought to be a chance for reflection, to look back at everything. For a simple example, we can look at the ending of the University plotline. You reflect with the Honey-Addled Detective - likely the very first character you met on Ladybones Road, from the very beginning - and answer why you pursue knowledge. It takes elements of the past and uses them to look forward.

Yes, the element of reflection, whenever present, always made me pause. Sometimes you play mechanically, especially when there are Challenges or Echoes involved, and these bits help remind you you are playing a living character.

That was a perfect wrap-up indeed.