UPCOMING FALLEN LONDON CONTENT: OCTOBER 2014

[color=#ff9900]Hi all! [/color]

[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Next week, we’ll be releasing some new Fallen London content: the first instalment of the long-awaited continuation of the Ambitions! We’ll be updating the Ambitions one at a time (interspersed with other content) over a couple of months. Bag a Legend is up first, then we plan to do Nemesis a few weeks later, then Heart’s Desire, then Light Fingers.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Stealing a note from Dickens, we’ll be releasing the Bag a Legend update in three toothsome chapters - one a day - from Tuesday next week. I’m sure you advanced players are going to hit this update at the speed of a ballistic ubergoat, so we want to pace it out a tiny bit. Hopefully it’ll give everyone an opportunity to come here to the forums and discuss what’s happened and what’s coming next![/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]See you on Tuesday![/color]

Woo!

Ooh! Good timing for me. I think I’m about to come to the end of the current Light Fingers content.

We had a reaction.

Joy! Utter joy! I will find the Vake and skin it while it is still alive! AHAHAHAHAHA! Haha! Ha…

Ok, I got it out of my system. Stop looking at me like that.

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/9/2014

Amazing! I hit the content barrier on my ambition a few weeks ago, so excited about the continuation.

Excellent! Soon, My Ultimate plan Will be complete… When I win The Marvelous, THE UNIVERSE WILL BE MINE! ALL SHALL BOW O MY WHIMS! THE MASTERS THEMSELVES WILL NOT STOP ME! AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH!

…Or I will fail, and lose my mind, my soul, my body, my existance, or whatever the stake is.

…You know what? Worth it.

Although now I have to wonder how A Ambition that relies on luck and outwitting opponants can occur, and more importantly, what will happen if we win. After all, it’s your heart’s desire, and players may have a lot of different desires…

[color=#ff9900]Right. No pressure, then.[/color]

Don’t worry, there’s only millions of possible permutations as to what would constitute a character’s heart’s desire and I expect only about half of them would bring a end to the game. (Grins evilly)
edited by Kylestien on 10/9/2014

Oh, I just had a thought.

What if someone’s Heart’s Desire is to become a Judgement? Or worse some kind of Uber-Judgement?

… or maybe it’s just to know The Name. That… would actually be significantly less bad… It really says something when Mr. Eaten is the pleasant alternative.

Now, I’m really worried about what could happen. I know almost nothing about Heart’s Desire (I’m doing Light Fingers). Could someone tell me if there are any potential limits to the wish that the game could grant?
edited by ancusohm on 10/9/2014

[quote=ancusohm]Oh, I just had a thought.

What if someone’s Heart’s Desire is to become a Judgement? Or worse some kind of Uber-Judgement?

… or maybe it’s just to know The Name. That… would actually be significantly less bad… It really says something when Mr. Eaten is the pleasant alternative.[/quote]

Judging by what we know of the Reckoning, I’d say it isn’t /that/ much better.
edited by Snowskeeper on 10/9/2014

[quote=Owen Wulf]Joy! Utter joy! I will find the Vake and skin it while it is still alive! AHAHAHAHAHA! Haha! Ha…

Ok, I got it out of my system. Stop looking at me like that.

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/9/2014[/quote]

i will eat the vake and take its name ;)

Eeee~ so excited about this. Can’t wait. shuffles cards anxiously

Well, this is exciting! I’ve only just begun the zee content in my light-fingered ambition (with a troublesome hiccup due to my temporary lack of favor with the university), but the later I reach a stopping point the better.

This unnamed other content is also a tantalizing prospect. Will that be focused on the endgame side of things or will it be more generally accessible?

Argh both my characters ambitions are last on the list. Time to make a new alt I guess :P

[quote=Kylestien]Don’t worry, there’s only millions of possible permutations as to what would constitute a character’s heart’s desire and I expect only about half of them would bring a end to the game. (Grins evilly)
edited by Kylestien on 10/9/2014[/quote]

It’s also possible that the Marvelous may not have omnipotent reality warping powers and have some limits on what you can actually wish for.

Which is convenient because I can become a lorn fluke either way.

I honestly hope that the other 3 ambitions will include either letheian tea leaves (one already does) or an option to abandon, at great cost, the ambition.

I’d also love it if you had to turn IN the tea leaves on the path that awards them. (and the other 3 if they gain it) … Makes reaching the end that much more… costly, and thus worthwhile.

Speaking of ambition, is a darker ambution going to return in time for hallowmass? The depression of the holidays could lead to seekers…
edited by ICountFrom0 on 10/10/2014

Well, yeah.

But not really. I did Heart’s Desire, got some Lethean Leaves, and then switched to Light Fingers. My alt is doing Nemesis. From what I can tell, none of the ambitions are ending where the character thinks they will. I think a lot of people got that vibe, so I don’t think people will be angry either way.

Or in other words
http://youtu.be/aejntEMJdZM?t=2m56s

I am EXCITE.

I’m pretty sure you do