Tournament of Lillies

I just started and have no clue what contest my lily should be in! Happy to join any contests, please send them my way!

Currently seeking a Contest of Mysteries.

Looking for stage 1 contest of strength.

Edit: at the contest of mysteries, where will it end?
edited by Korrok on 7/30/2015

I find myself eager - or rather, my plant, to compete in a Contest of Mysteries.

My plant is a notorious failure and wastrel. Feel free to send me a challenge if you want to advance. Currently back to 1.

Somehow my plant has managed to win its way all the way up to a Contest of Voices, but it doesn’t look like anyone who’s posted in this thread in the last month is currently at that stage.

I have over 1400+ contacts and whenever I advance to a new level of the tournament I keep track of who is in what level. I see all and know all when it comes to this tournament, but unfortunately I accidentally sold my plant on a misclick. So unfortunately my information is a bit dated (Late March 2015), but it should give you an idea of who some of the more active tournament players are, from the past. Who knows, some of these people might still be there and also active accounts (though some are surely abandoned). Allow me to pass my savings on to you with this list of players who were in the Contest of Voices and the Contest of Beauty back in March. After all, having some names is better than having no names at all right? List:

Contest of Voices 3/22/2015
Aspeon
cestmoname
Cocytus
Coldblade
Ddallan
Dharlome
grouchotendency
HighPriest
John Sparrow
Joshua Temple
JRR Tetrominostoy
Juliet Chauvelin
Lady Azjurai
Lupin III
Obstfuller
Parthenia
Rinsik
Rolias Watt
Rusalotchka
Skythe Smith
Swinter
the gardener
Tuomey
Vael Victus
Vann Villiam Robert Lee
Vefessh

Contest of Beauty 3/22/2015
BeeatNick
DrPunexcusable
Howard John Abrahall
kharzan
Knotacare
Lanzo Hoffman
Little The
reedybeanz
sab_sprinkles
Sardonyx
Szadovar
The Dark Gentleman
xKiv

Thank you! I don’t want quite that many contacts, but I’ve already found a possible opponent from there, and if I have any more trouble finding one I’ll add more people from the list before posting here again.

Back down to a Contest of Cunning.

(My plant is a notorious failure. Is this a game of pure luck? Does the &quotAttending to the Needs of a Singular Plant&quot-level do anything? Are you all of really high level?)

[quote=Ysrthgrathe]Back down to a Contest of Cunning.

(My plant is a notorious failure. Is this a game of pure luck? Does the &quotAttending to the Needs of a Singular Plant&quot-level do anything? Are you all of really high level?)[/quote]
If I recall correctly, one of the arguments on the faults of this storyline is that the AttNoaSS level does indeed increase your chances of winning. Winning also raises this level, and losing lowers it. So, in essence, the winners keep winning and the losers keep losing, unless you step out of the content altogether to grind the quality.

[quote=Ysrthgrathe]Back down to a Contest of Cunning.

(My plant is a notorious failure. Is this a game of pure luck? Does the &quotAttending to the Needs of a Singular Plant&quot-level do anything? Are you all of really high level?)[/quote]
While a higher level is more likely to win, it is by no means a guarantee.
For best results, get your plant up to 18/19 before issuing and accepting challenges.

Thank you for that nugget. My plant was lucky the first three times round at Level 11, and is now languishing in the Naughty Corner for losing so many times in a row. Aside from losing contest entry materials, is there any other downside to losing?

[quote=Nigel Overstreet][quote=Ysrthgrathe]Back down to a Contest of Cunning.

While a higher level is more likely to win, it is by no means a guarantee.
For best results, get your plant up to 18/19 before issuing and accepting challenges.[/quote]

Winning doesn’t raise AttNoaSS, but this is otherwise correct, and it has the same effect.

It’s also frustrating because your level is constantly fluctuating, which makes match-making via the forums extremely difficult. It’s unclear if &quotsuggest a contact&quot is working properly (I don’t see anybody qualifying for a Contest of Strength right now, which is surprising). If it worked, the best approach to the tournament would probably be to treat it as an excuse to meet new and diverse Londoners through the automatic matchmaking and possibly develop further relationships with some of them.

My plant is ready for a few rounds, for those willing to give it a shot. On that note: What exactly factors into the plants odds of success?

Bernhard Schmidt is at a contest of strength, and would like to try his luck.

Currently seeking a Contest of Voices!

I am currently seeking a Contest of Voices.

I’ve decided to give the tournament another go. My plant is currently seeking a Contest of Blood.
edited by finitehp on 8/27/2015

I haven’t participated in this yet so I’d like to throw my hat in the ring.

Edit: Now on level 2
edited by Andy Crow on 9/5/2015

Seeking a contest of cunning