Tomb Colonist Favours/Renown Gain & Uses

Here’s my result for Break Him Out with 7 Favors:

Looks at Break Him Out
We should test for the Bundle of Oddities max value for that.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/th8827?fromEchoId=8166609
Still working on the other one. The favors are pretty rare.
[li]
edited by th8827 on 3/26/2016

sighs I haven’t got the new system internalized yet and I lost all seven of my Tomb Colony favors on a conflict card :(

Have the sucess and rare sucess for upcrafting on the tomb colonist chain’s rewards changed? I know criminal’s doubled all the payouts, and i wouldn’t be surprised if the rest followed suit.
edited by Grenem on 3/27/2016

It’s interesting that most of the ways to gain Favours with the Tomb-Colonists can only be accomplished when you’ve been exiled to the Tomb-Colonies (automatic favour on exile, A letter from the comte, Remnants, etc.). In London, by comparison, once you’re locked out of the free Circus favours you have to rely on the Tomb-Colonists’ card (and Bandaged Raven, if you have it). I assume this is intentional, although it will take some getting used to, especially since there are comparatively so many ways to get favours with the Criminals.

I may just have to take a business trip out to the tomb-colonies to pick up some favours. Speaking of the Tomb-Colonies, though, it will be interesting to see if any of the storylets in Venderbight (as part of the Nemesis storyline) provide favours. If anyone is about to travel there, please report back to us.

If people are travellign to the Tomb Colonies, I suggest cashing in your Tomb Lion for items at the Labrynth of Tigers before heading there, to make the trip more lucrative.[li]
edited by th8827 on 3/27/2016

[quote=th8827]If people are travellign to the Tomb Colonies, I suggest cashing in your Tomb Lion for items at the Labrynth of Tigers before heading there, to make the trip more lucrative.[li]
edited by th8827 on 3/27/2016[/quote]
I would chime in with this little tidbit- use scandal boosting gear to arrive with only scandal 6, and if you know of any scandal reducing gear put that on for the return trip, too![/li][li]
[/li][li]Also, it’s worth noting that you’ll only make about 32.5 echoes from the favors, so you should have other plans if you want it to actually be profitable.
[/li]

That’s a good point; I’d completely forgotten about my poor, smelly tomb-lion. It’s time to put that cat to work. And thanks for the echo from earlier, th8827.

On a separate note, does anyone know if Renown: Tomb-Colonists can exceed 50? The Diary of the Dead option to ‘Rouse some tomb-colonists before they are discovered’ increases Renown but does not appear to have a skill-related cap the way the Pewter Tankard and Old Bone Skeleton Key do.

Converting Mysteries of the elder continent to presbyterate passphrases and converting presbyterate passphrases to antique mysteries now require 1 favour.

Have the luck check victories improved, would you know?

Have the luck check victories improved, would you know?[/quote]

I wasn’t actually able to use them because I already used my favours but I will check when I get some favours and the materials needed for this, but I doubt they have changed judging by the previous changes.

edit:trading thirf city relics takes favours too, I got the success and the reward is the same as it used to be.
edited by The Master on 3/28/2016

Have the luck check victories improved, would you know?[/quote]

I wasn’t actually able to use them because I already used my favours but I will check when I get some favours and the materials needed for this, but I doubt they have changed judging by the previous changes.

edit:trading thirf city relics takes favours too, I got the success and the reward is the same as it used to be.
edited by The Master on 3/28/2016[/quote]
Criminals changed, (payout type stayed the same for the higher level craft, but magnitude doubled, i don’t know if the 50->10 level changed.) so it stinks that these didn’t.

At Airs of London 100 choosing the option ‘She’s Not Alone’ (The Mercies) on the opportunity card ‘Coffee with the Last Constable’ grants 1 x Favour: Tomb-Colonies.

Good find. Come to think of it, has anybody checked His contacts with the tomb-colonies on the A drink with the Cheery Man card?

How do you still have that card? I’ve never even seen it.

How do you still have that card? I’ve never even seen it.[/quote]

The opportunity card goes away when you finish the story, so I never finished the story.

Good find. Come to think of it, has anybody checked His contacts with the tomb-colonies on the A drink with the Cheery Man card?[/quote]

So I happened to draw ‘Bandages and Dust’ (in order to drop myself down to 6 favours) and ‘A drink with the Cheery Man’ at the same time this evening, and to answer your question, yes, ‘His contacts with the tomb-colonies’ does indeed award 1 x Favours: Tomb-Colonies.

Oof. Too bad I can’t see the Last Constable card since I finished the story.

Updated for item conversions and Family & Law cards

Question: has anyone found a high renown card/storylet for Tomb Colonies? The Tomb Colonist’s Dogs is Renown 15, but is 1) pre POSI in stat range 2) rather ehhhh on rewards, at least previously.

Given the tightness of money early on, I’d be surprised if this is used much as you’d need to shell out for the Diary of the Dead and increase your renown without being tempted to Call in the Favours instead.
edited by Parelle on 3/30/2016

A drink with the Cheery Man now gives Tomb favours?
That’s a second faction that card gives (Criminals, Tomb colonies).
And that’s starting to create quite the gap from players who chose the Cheery over the Constable long long long ago.