Tomb Colonist Favours/Renown Gain & Uses

&quotTurn the tables&quot on the &quotA peculiar practice&quot card now requires a favour (and it also takes that favour):
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Turn_the_tables

Does the Tomb Lion card have any requirements?
[li]

There’s now a new option on the Bandaged Raven Card, “Encourage Her to Befriend Tomb-Colonists”, which grants one TC Favour as expected.

I’m still hoping that a few more sources for gaining favours will turn up, otherwise it might be worth switching the connected pet.

[quote=th8827]
Does the Tomb Lion card have any requirements?[/quote]

I did draw that card and I do not think it does have any further requirements.

[li]Is anyone else finding the cards all &quotcan’t discard&quot now? That doesn’t seem right to me, but that is what I am finding.
[li]

[li]

Do the &quotCan’t Discard&quot cards auto-discard if you lose the Connection/Favors, like the Merry Gentleman discards itself if your Nightmare falls below 5?[li]
edited by th8827 on 3/25/2016

[quote=th8827]Do the &quotCan’t Discard&quot cards auto-discard if you lose the Connection/Favors, like the Merry Gentleman discards itself if your Nightmare falls below 5?[li]
edited by th8827 on 3/25/2016[/quote]

Yep!

At the moment, the Diary of the Dead’s option for Renown > 14 requires favours and renown for the Docks rather than the Tomb-Colonies. Copy-paste error?

That’s most likely the case; I tried this, and the success description didn’t have anything to do with the Docks.

However, in addition to increasing Renown: Tomb-Colonists, it also increased both Steadfast (14 -> 15) and Forceful (0 -> 2). Can anyone confirm that this can increase Forceful past 10?

I suspect that’s also a mistake, but I could be wrong. Either way I think that it can probably increase it past 10.

I’m currently in exile at the tomb colonies, and there was an opportunity card that I think (although I am not super sure) was Remnants where one option lead to a memory of distant shores, a favor, and a slight increase in scandal. The option was marked as such, so I knew what would happen before I clicked.

No society gain. Based on 7 Favours: Tomb-Colonies.

Being sent to the Tomb Colonies through the Ballet in Court does not award Favours: Tomb Colonists.

EDIT: I found something in the Tomb Colonies that grants Favours.

A letter from the Comtessa’s Father > As It Should Be

This will increase your scandal, but gain you a Favour: Tomb-Colonies.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2n0verc.jpg

EDIT: I should have taken a screenshot of the result page. I think that it has a Hedonist gain, Auster drop, but I can’t remember… Can someone verify?
edited by th8827 on 3/25/2016

[quote=James Sinclair]

However, in addition to increasing Renown: Tomb-Colonists, it also increased both Steadfast (14 -> 15) and Forceful (0 -> 2). Can anyone confirm that this can increase Forceful past 10?[/quote]

Raising both? Nothing gets lowered? Thats terrific!

Setting up a salon now requires 4 renown with the tomb colonies instead of 20 connections along with all the other requirements.

The first post is updated except for the details not mentioned by James Sinclair and runobody2 (these are noted under further investigation)

I’ve also edited the result under Going Gentle: Discretely inform for Estelle’s new result; as I did my try immediately after the changeover, I think it’s been adjusted.

edited by Parelle on 3/25/2016

‘Hunting to Hounds’ on ‘The tomb-colonist’s dogs’ opportunity card now requires both A Name Scrawled in Blood 6+ and Renown: Tomb-Colonies of 15. I don’t have that much renown with the tomb-colonies though, so I couldn’t see what, if anything, has changed with the rewards. Also, the other option on that card ‘Could you look after them for a day?’ used to grant +10 CP Connected and does not grant favors.
edited by Albert Ross on 3/25/2016

Do any of the Once Dashing Smuggler cards have any changes now? Both the quest, and the resulting card in the Tomb Colonies?

Does anyone have link(s) to echoes of the result text for the &quotAttend a clandestine gathering&quot and &quotIntervene in a public dispute&quot storylets from a Diary of the Dead? I ended up with 43 Renown: Tomb-Colonists after the switch (from Connected: Tomb-Colonists 198), and I’ve been locked out of those options. :(

(The next time a faction switch to the new system is announced, I’m completely nuking my Connected quality with the faction in question, so I won’t miss new faction-based storylets like this…)
edited by James Sinclair on 3/26/2016