The Unexpurgated Gazette 1893: New Articles

Amid all the clamor of a holiday event and the drop-off back to normalcy at the end, let us not forget to share our successes and failures with each other. In particular, let us not forget to share entirely new successes and failures with each other, so we may gawk and gape together.

I noticed several options on Huffam’s visit that, according to the wiki, are new this year, namely two options each at 12 and 30 Spirit of Hollowmas relating to the other new content this season. The 12 Spirit options relate to the Notable Londoner confession events (12 being the minimum Spirit received if only those events are played) and the 30 Spirit events mention the other actions available on the Errors of London storylet about eavesdropping or protecting against eavesdropping.

There do not seem to be any new options for very high Spirit, unless they are hidden. Can anyone confirm whether there are new options for 750+ Spirit?

The top reward remains 500 spirit.

[quote=Unlogic]I noticed several options on Huffam’s visit that, according to the wiki, are new this year, namely two options each at 12 and 30 Spirit of Hollowmas relating to the other new content this season. The 12 Spirit options relate to the Notable Londoner confession events (12 being the minimum Spirit received if only those events are played)[/quote]I used two really low level alts to try the new 12 spirit options:

• Reveal the secrets of notable Londoners: Your interview inspired a lengthy column by Huffam. He now wonders whether Hallowmas could be a threat to national security [/li][li]Protect the secrets of notable Londoners: Your interview inspired a lengthy column by Huffam. He considers your integrity to be an example for all

GAHHHH I STUMBLED IN MY CHOICE AND SELECTED AN OPTION THAT COSTS NO SPIRIT, 300 SPIRIT INTO DUST

I know the Face Tailor option is Fate-locked, but I’d be curious to know what happens if you select it… is the resulting text interesting? does it give a special reward?

My condolence.

I’m fighting staying in character adverse to material rewards. I’d like to pick the Delicately confirm SoH 250 option (rather than the Confirm every accusation against you) but I’d also want the best One’s Public option I can get. Anyone have the rewards for One’s Public for either of those options? I can’t find them on the wikis.

I also find it interesting that due to the mechanics there’s no way to keep track if you’ve betrayed a confession given to you.

Since both are 250 SoH, I can’t see them being that different in MW - most likely the rewards have the same range, and the next step up is 500 SoH.

Well, I was planning on raising my Magnanimous (past 10) with “Publicly forgive those who wronged you”… but it requires Exposed By. And the wiki didn’t mention that (new this year?). And no one betrayed me. Oh well, nothing but two night-whispers and a notability for me this year.

I suppose it’s funny. I was never wronged by anyone at Hallowmas, so I have no one to forgive.

There are only two Hallowmas options One’s Public, and nearly all of the Edition options unlock the better one. (I think only the Humbug option gives the other one?) Both of those options will unlock the same option on the One’s Public card.

I took that option last year… honestly didn’t find it all that memorable, but it was a nice in-character end to that story.

There are only two Hallowmas options One’s Public, and nearly all of the Edition options unlock the better one. (I think only the Humbug option gives the other one?) Both of those options will unlock the same option on the One’s Public card.[/quote]

The text is the same for all the Spirit options, but different levels of Edition mean the option gives different ranges of MW.

There are only two Hallowmas options One’s Public, and nearly all of the Edition options unlock the better one. (I think only the Humbug option gives the other one?) Both of those options will unlock the same option on the One’s Public card.[/quote]

The text is the same for all the Spirit options, but different levels of Edition mean the option gives different ranges of MW.[/quote]

Okay, so not material rewards then. Thanks for clarifying that! But will both 250s unlock the same level of MW? They’ve got different levels (60 vs 65 I believe).

If I “hesitate” and don’t click on the reporter today, do you think he’ll be there on the morrow?

I’d really like to push my making waves to 11 before taking the point from him.

I believe you’ll have a week to speak to Huffman.

I’ve been mostly on an unavoidable Fallen London sabbatical for awhile, so I just caught the tail end of Hallowmas (poor timing, alas!). Should I just take the highest option I can afford, and try again next year? Or can I save what Spirit of Hallowmas I did get, and not pick at all?

(Sorry, this is my first Hallowmas and it’s pretty clear I was not at all prepared.)

I would advise cashing in your Spirit with Huffman; as a general rule, you can’t save seasonal currency to use next year.

Thanks, I will do that!

The text is the same for all the Spirit options, but different levels of Edition mean the option gives different ranges of MW.[/quote]

Okay, so not material rewards then. Thanks for clarifying that! But will both 250s unlock the same level of MW? They’ve got different levels (60 vs 65 I believe).[/quote]

I would assume that the different quality values distinguish what result you chose but don’t in this case provide different rewards on One’s Public. The main reward from the Hallowmas option is MW; the lowest article gives just 1-2 CP and the best gives around 7-14 CP, so the 250 spirit ones are likely both just below that. As such the main distinction between the two choices is the item reward; I believe the possibilities are a Dreadful Surmise or Intriguer’ Compendium. They sell for the same so, while Compendiums are only otherwise obtainable for scrap, the Dread Surmise is better if you don’t have one yet. They allow the only uncapped way to raise Taste of Lacre at Sacksmas.

Technically not uncapped. Feeding to Wild Boars increases the quality to a max of 16.