The Unexpurgated Gazette 1893: New Articles

There are only two Hallowmas options One’s Public, and nearly all of the Edition options unlock the better one. (I think only the Humbug option gives the other one?) Both of those options will unlock the same option on the One’s Public card.[/quote]

The text is the same for all the Spirit options, but different levels of Edition mean the option gives different ranges of MW.[/quote]

Okay, so not material rewards then. Thanks for clarifying that! But will both 250s unlock the same level of MW? They’ve got different levels (60 vs 65 I believe).[/quote]

I would assume that the different quality values distinguish what result you chose but don’t in this case provide different rewards on One’s Public. The main reward from the Hallowmas option is MW; the lowest article gives just 1-2 CP and the best gives around 7-14 CP, so the 250 spirit ones are likely both just below that. As such the main distinction between the two choices is the item reward; I believe the possibilities are a Dreadful Surmise or Intriguer’ Compendium. They sell for the same so, while Compendiums are only otherwise obtainable for scrap, the Dread Surmise is better if you don’t have one yet. They allow the only uncapped way to raise Taste of Lacre at Sacksmas.[/quote]
Dreadful Durmise is only available from the 500-spirit tier, the 250-spirit tier gives either an Intriguer’s Compendium or an Elemental Secret (They both sell for the same and as of yet have no uses.

It seems like it’s actually a choice between an Elemental Secret(best source with Noman) and an Intriguer’s Compendium(680 scraps), so it’s not quite as clear cut as that. I guess it depends on in-character behaviour and Christmas plans
edited by Uruloki on 11/10/2015

I went with the Elemental Secret as I’d like to think myself not one to betray (and I’ve nearly 600 scraps saved up). I can’t quite tell what range the Making Waves is though in One’s Public.

Ouch! I know FBG usually doesn’t do anything about misclicks, but, this ruins the entire event for you. Maybe send a bug report and see if they’ll do anything?

Are you sure? The wiki (and all advice I’ve seen) say otherwise and there are different texts for Taste going up to 24.

Last year I decided to be completely asocial and spent most of Hallowmas indoors. I might be slightly biased but spending it with the rest of you is much more enjoyable.

Unrelated, the improved rewards are a nice addition. I could have never even dreamed of getting 250 spirit without all of you, so thank you.
edited by Blaine Davidson on 11/11/2015

Use the wine exchange for prisoners honey in Veilgarden to get +1 change point (cp) making waves. This lets you note down your making waves cp (on hover of the making waves icon) before and after you play One’s Public so that its easier to keep track of the range of change.

Oooo, Clever! Thank you very much! I’ll report back when I see it.

Use the wine exchange for prisoners honey in Veilgarden to get +1 change point (cp) making waves. This lets you note down your making waves cp (on hover of the making waves icon) before and after you play One’s Public so that its easier to keep track of the range of change.[/quote]

Are you sure? The wiki (and all advice I’ve seen) say otherwise and there are different texts for Taste going up to 24.[/quote]

Yes, feeding to Wild Boars is definitely capped via the option requirements; I always end my Christmas by getting up as high as I can get using lacre and selling any leftover snow to De Gustibus. You get higher levels of Taste of Lacre from the Days of Mr Sacks cards.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/11/2015

I don’t recall the Days of Mr Sacks options, even using fate, to bring Taste high enough to reach 24.

The Sacksmas options are uncapped, so you just need to save enough Taste of Lacre from the previous year to hit 24+.

Ta-dah!

I’m duly celebrated. Only one person betrayed me - and yes, their name is inscribed a small voodoo doll currently being crafted - and only one other failed to respond despite being on the ‘send me invitations’ list; pretty good. Thanks, all - I am delighted to have the Compendium!