The start of Mr Eaten.

There’s a new option in Seeking Curios in the Forgotten Quarter. Requires Airs 81-100, not Seeking the Name, Nightmares 5, and SoTC.
It gives 1 - Flirting with Disaster x Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name.
Lapis in IRC took the plunge. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Stomba?fromEchoId=8777754

You can fail it (Watchful 106 gives a 70% chance).
edited by Omega8520 on 6/8/2016

Th mahogany hall option still does nothing, so it looks like they’ve changed the ways to start. (or are in the middle of updating)
edited by suinicide on 6/8/2016

I’d forgotten the stages of the quality had names. This is what the wiki says they are:

1 Flirting with Disaster
2 Northridden
3 Beneath a Strange Sign!
4 Boiling with Hunger
5 Breathing Darkness
6 Approaching the Brink
7 Dancing with Damnation
8 Stained, Scarred, Chained

Except I have 8 — Dancing with Damnation so I’m not so sure about this list.

I am most excited.

edited by dragonridingsorceress on 6/8/2016

Update from IRC: cards are added to your deck, if you have both SMEN 1 and UP. So far we seem to have &quotSeven Of Words&quot (UP 7) and &quotAce Of Hungers&quot (UP 1).
edited by Omega8520 on 6/8/2016

With Unaccountably Peckish at 8+ a new card has arrived in my Opportunity Deck: the Knave of Regrets. I chose Restitution for the Drowned Man, which gives 1 Flirting with Disaster x Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name and 1 Dreaming of the Chamber x Marsh-Mired in Dreams of Sustenance[li]
edited by The Dark Gentleman on 6/10/2016

[quote=Omega8520]Update from IRC: cards are added to your deck, if you have both SMEN 1 and UP. So far we seem to have &quotSeven Of Words&quot (UP 7) and &quotAce Of Hungers&quot (UP 1).
edited by Omega8520 on 6/8/2016[/quote]

TWO OF BATS (Connected: Masters of the Bazaar, UP2)
A courier in sombre livery approaches you in the street to hand you a note bearing the seal of Mr Iron. It reads: ‘You are pursuing a name. End your pursuit now.’

SIX OF PEARLS (UP6)
Omar the Tentmaker wrote: &quotI often wonder what the vintners buy, one half so precious as the goods they sell.&quot Omar the Tentmaker was not familiar with the treasures of dentists.

Sadly, they’ve turned up on the wrong character’s account, so DragonRidingSorceress will likely be heeding the Masters of the Bazaar.

KNIGHT OF FEASTS (UP 9):

If no Marsh-Mired, you can Set a place for Mr Eaten.

THREE OF ROSES, UP 3, Ubiquitous, either start or continue SMEN, non-discardable, echoed here: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/an_ocelot?fromEchoId=8778433
edited by an_ocelot on 6/8/2016

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]TWO OF BATS (Connected: Masters of the Bazaar, UP2)
A courier in sombre livery approaches you in the street to hand you a note bearing the seal of Mr Iron. It reads: ‘You are pursuing a name. End your pursuit now.’

Sadly, they’ve turned up on the wrong character’s account, so DragonRidingSorceress will likely be heeding the Masters of the Bazaar.[/quote]

Well then… the TWO OF BATS options didn’t end DRS’s Seeking, as I expected they would. I thought this to be the same card as last time, which gave Free of the Name. Apparently not.

ETA: Does anyone know how to GET Free of the Name in the new content? I don’t actually want these cards cluttering up DRS’s hand.

FIVE OF LIGHTS (requires level 5 peckish)
SEVEN OF WORDS (level 7 peckish)
All cards seems to have the option to gain Marsh-Mired or just get punished, if already having it.

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]ETA: Does anyone know how to GET Free of the Name in the new content? I don’t actually want these cards cluttering up DRS’s hand.[/quote]You should have A Bad End in your inventory, or there’s a temporary option on a new storylet.

nightday, if there’s Enigma 3 no-one’s found it yet.

I am curious, do previous Seekers keep their progress (sic), or does everyone start over on a level playing field?

– Mal

I got to keep what I already had, like my seven levels of Seeking the Name, my Scars, Stains and Chains, and the one Candle I posess.

I lost my marsh mired but I still have my chains; stains; scars and candles. I’m at 8 Seeking the Name but don’t have any UP at the moment so haven’t seen any new content yet.

One thing - my Free of the Name alt isn’t locked out of the option in the FQ. I really hope they don’t mis-click - one Seeking character is probably enough.

Huh, I was expecting that when SMEN content resurfaced it would be harder to get into than just having a few Unaccountably Peckish floating about. I can’t see any other requirements.

So, in order to keep on looking for the Name, I first need to stop looking for the Name ? Through the ‘limited time only’ option in the Seeking Road ? And I won’t lose my candles and scars and chains and stains ?

[quote=nightday]Heck yeah! Now I just need to kick my nightmares up. Any quick ways for Watchful 160+?
edit: gosh, I love starveling cats. LET’S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD OF DAMNATION.[/quote]
If you’re just looking to get the first level of SMEN, get your Unaccountably Peckish to at least 1. The ACE OF HUNGERS opportunity card will get you there, without requiring Nightmares 5. ^_^
edited by Kittenpox on 6/8/2016

I got “FOUR OF EYES” (with UP 4, of course); Ubiquitous, non-discardable:

“The halfpeople in the streets watch you with hateful, ignorant eyes. They won’t dare talk to you any more.”

Option 1: “curse their ignorance”
“They are nothing to you. The Name is not nothing.”

Option 2: “Ask them the Question” (requires having no Marsh-Mired in Dreams of Sustenance)
“It burns in you. Ask it. Ask it a dozen times.”

So, I’m looking through all the threads, and I’m probably being a bit obtuse, but I’m not sure how to continue SMEN when I’m at 8.