The start of Mr Eaten.

All the new Seeking cards in my hand just switched from Gold bordered to Black bordered.

As they should be…

I haven’t done it yet myself (too many sudden insights) but take a look a The Seeking Road in your lodgings. I think other card based options turn up if you are Unaccountably Peckish.

Oh Goodness, does my main account dare to seek the name? After so much time courting the affection of the Bazaar and fully committing to The Greatest of Games?

Or do I begin to spend actions on my alt, the one I created specifically for this day. The day when once again the Straveling could seek?

How do we free ourselves of the Name? How do we dive deeper into its depths?
edited by ShroudedInLight on 6/8/2016

I haven’t done it yet myself (too many sudden insights) but take a look a The Seeking Road in your lodgings. I think other card based options turn up if you are Unaccountably Peckish.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m going to need to dump those in the cave of the nadir first, all over hundred of them. . .

I’ve got more than 300 to find a use for … it is going to take a long time to get on the Seeking Road :(

Look at all of us, bunched up in a &quotCan’t even seek&quot club. (Just under 100)
edited by suinicide on 6/8/2016

Find a high difficulty watchful action, strip off all watchful gear and equip a Talkative Rattus Faber. Use a Sudden Insight and (hopefully) fail. Back out of the storylet. Repeat.

It should require 2 the next time. 4 the time after that, etc.

Unless I’ve misunderstood the Second Chances update they did a few months back.

Precisely what I am doing - using sudden insights on all watchful challenges. But it is very difficult for a stat capped player to find something high enough to fail. I’m just Seeking Curios in the FQ as there is one possible option that I can fail.

I bet the FQ is really crowded all of a sudden. Think I’ll open up a sausage stand there.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 6/8/2016

How about the Nadir?

You’ll be able to burn your Sudden Insights much more quickly by using the stat-boosting option under invite a friend to do something intellectual" in your Lodgings. You won’t get anything out of it, but it’ll get through them quickly (if you have any spare, it is actually possible to use a second chance on a challenge you have 100% odds to succeed)

If you just want to burn through the Insights, can you not use them 5 at a time to increase Watchful? Or does this option lock with a capped Watchful? If so, a visit to the Nadir can fix that by dropping Watchful about 2 levels (140 cp).

Can’t you use the &quotevery stone&quot option(on the same storylet that allows you to send chess invites) to use up 5 insights per action? It should work even with capped watchful.
[i]edited by The Master on 6/8/2016

edit:Ninja’d.
[/i]
edited by The Master on 6/8/2016

Unfortunately I visited the Nadir just before the Seeking options appeared and didn’t take the double hit or use any sudden insights while I was there, and my Watchful is already back to cap, so I might as well use them doing something that will help replace resources. There is an appalling secrets option on the Seeking Road - Drown your Secrets. I don’t know what it will do to me but that is part of the fun of seeking :)

I’m tempted to take long route to trade them for resources since this content doesn’t appear to be time-locked. That’s my end game hoarding self talking though. . .

I suppose you could also go try some chess with the Boatman. Dying and playing chess with Death, then intentionally failing to win in order to squander resources has a very Eaten-y feel to it.

Just sent you one. You can keep him, really, I’ve had him forever and I don’t plan on Seeking anyway.

[quote=dragonridingsorceress][quote=dragonridingsorceress]
ETA: Does anyone know how to GET Free of the Name in the new content? I don’t actually want these cards cluttering up DRS’s hand.
edited by dragonridingsorceress on 6/8/2016[/quote]

The black bordered cards are part of being Unaccountably Peckish. The easiest way to tank that is Taking Some Refreshments in the first coil of the Labyrinth of Tigers. As long as you avoid UP it looks like seeking will leave you alone. To get the actually permanent lock in place you need to go just enough down the path that it asks you if you really want to do this and there will be another option to be locked out forever but it doesn’t look like that will save you from the UP cards.

What an incredible, intoxicating occurrence.

I will stop seeking my new obsession, for a moment. And instead seek this name.

But do, please, know that my eyes remain firmly upon you in every spare moment.

Question: since the name makes your menaces go up so high… How should I deal with them? Wounds and suspicion I can easily deal with (grindy but easy). Scandal and nightmare… It’s far harder. Wine and church sorks… Sometimes. Sometimes it doesn’t (more so then not. Any ideas? I’m a POSI if it helps.