The Pact's Servants (Flowerdene arc)

[OOC: Who in Eaten’s Name is ELO?]

Vaustus bows, low.
“I meant nothing of it. I was bored waiting for the others, so I made this. The plan was to construct one for each of our members.”

Elias Lowe One, I forgot that I revised the paragraph where I mentioned that.

ELO places his arms behind his back. He speaks in a thick Scottish accent, but his features are entirely obscured by his headpiece.

&quotWe will need to lead a three pronged attack in order to effective against something as deeply entrenched as Flowerdene. We need operatives to maneuver against him politically, cutting his supports and leaving him with enemies at all fronts. We will need soldiers and spies to destroy, commandeer or disrupt revenues of income, leaving them unable to feed themselves.

Finally, when the time has come, we will need to choose an opportunity to drive a dagger into their heart. If we get the upper-hand in the first engagements, we will be able to decide the terms of this battle. If not, we may end up on the defensive ourselves.

Questions?&quot

“How shall we deal with Ezikial?”

ELO points at Vaustus. “Excellent concern to address, killer. I had a medical report of the bodies that Ezekiel previously inhabited stolen. If you need to put him down, it will require more stopping power than any blade can offer.” One of ELO’s entourage offers Vaustus a folder containing the post-mortem reports.

ELO points to Mauvais next. “You may keep what you kill.”

A rattus faber in black enters into the room with something on his back. The rat climbs up a couch up onto its arm. “'is Lordship apologieses for 'is absence, but off’ers ‘is support. He be wishen’ to end the fight before it can begun.”

Vaustus, perusing the files, furrows his brow.
“Damnation. We won’t be able to straight up kill this thing without bringing down the Neath.”
Vaustus ponders this for a moment.
“Perhaps something less direct then? Perhaps… adequation, not if the thing, but if it’s usefulness. If we could force Eli away from it for good…”

Sara gives a nod of respect to the man in the military jacket when he arrives. Caldyr regards the arrivals more sternly, uncertain of these new people. She gives the raven a reassuring head scratch, quietly shushing him. When she addressed clears her throat a bit, collecting her ideas to, hopefully, convey them succinctly and effectively. She stands when she’s ready, and summarizes what has been discussion prior to Eli Lowe I’s arrival.

&quotThe current course of action I was considering was to first target the Flowerdene Initiative’s potential recruits by providing them with an improvement in their quality of life without needing to gamble their lives for it. A method of determining who these potential recruits are would be to ask Eli about the needy and what supplies they require. He will either provide us with information, or we get to ask the residents of Flowerdene the same question, mentioning that we asked Eli but he refused.&quot

Having concluded her summary, she sits back down, awaiting feedback with a mix of eagerness and apprehension, but more importantly with confidence. Here is someone who can provide vital insight into how Eli thinks, able to spot problems she couldn’t possibly notice, as well as the experience she lacks, keeping the group from making common mistakes. The situation may still be dangerous, but at least they shouldn’t die to foolishness. She leaves planning violent encounters to the ones far more versed in such things.

[[Edit: Whoa, lots of posts while writing this.]]

edited by Sara Hysaro on 8/16/2016

[quote=Lord Vaustus]Vaustus, perusing the files, furrows his brow.
&quotDamnation. We won’t be able to straight up kill this thing without bringing down the Neath.&quot
Vaustus ponders this for a moment.
&quotPerhaps something less direct then? Perhaps… adequation, not if the thing, but if it’s usefulness. If we could force Eli away from it for good…&quot[/quote]

&quotThe being has nothing in it’s mind aside for love for Lowe. I doubt that will be more effective than destroying it outright.&quot ELO gives a nod to the rat and instructs him to leave and not return without his master in tow. The last thing they need is a rat, literal or metaphorical.

ELO approaches Sara. &quotA delicate plan, but one that risks little. Who would you be planning on targeting with such a move? Giving the people what they want would be costly for us, as we’d be essentially doing Lowe’s job for him.&quot

The rat shakes his head and tosses the item on his back. A pistol clatters to the floor. “While you’ve all 'ben prattling on 'is Lordship ‘ben up tah tings. ‘Tat is da weapon dat put a bullet in ta posh git leadin’ dem Flowerdene gits. Da boss offers it as a show of ood’ faith.” With that the rat scurries down the couch and exits through the way he came.

Sara considers the matter for a moment. The question of who cannot be answered without going to Eli himself and determining who he wishes to target. Instead she addresses the matter of consequence and cost.

&quotI was thinking that by providing some basic supplies we could try to keep the movement small, and preserve the status quo of authoritative presence. If they win that would be eliminated. If they nearly win we’ll see another uprising, perhaps several. If this ends in the eradication of a significant portion of Flowerdene we’ll also see a response. It seemed, to me, to be the outcome with fewer long-term consequences. That and it’s basic church work - we could probably establish a fundraiser, moving the costs off our shoulders and onto the sympathetic.&quot

Caldyr moves his gaze from ELO to Sara at the mention of a fundraiser, already organizing in his mind the best way to go about such a thing. Sara pays him no mind - there’s no guarantee that a fundraiser is the best plan. &quotAnyway, if needed I can probably cover a single round of supplies all on my own, if you think it might provide any useful intelligence or otherwise to ask Eli who the needy are.&quot She then defers to the experienced, hoping to get a briefing on the exact situation, estimated time-frame before actions need to be taken, and general insight as to what precisely she should be trying to accomplish here. &quotI must admit that I haven’t been a part of anything like this before, so if I’m mistaken in my assessment of potential consequences be sure to let me know. If my resources would be better used for strictly for reconnaissance then I can most certainly provide - just tell me when and where you need it.&quot Caldyr also perks up at this suggestion, it being more his area of expertise.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 8/16/2016

“It will take an ambassador to make it work, but I think that if anyone can do it, you can.” ELO gives a nod of approval.

(( I declared the rules for the engagements at the beginning of the FDI War Room, go read up on them there. If Sara wanted to make this a thing, she’d declare it OOC what she was attempting to do, to whom and to what end. Then someone else would have to declare that they were blocking that action, or it would go through. ))

Sara smiles and nods back, “I won’t let you down.” She stands up and holds her arm up for Caldyr to perch. She speaks to him affectionately, “We’ve a fundraiser to organize.” Her professional tone returns as she addresses ELO. “You know how to get in touch with me if needed. Until next time.” She silently slips away into dark, heading home to plan.

[[Sara Hysaro is attempting to organize a fundraiser using her Church and Great Game contacts. She will attempt to ask Eli on neutral ground what supplies are needed and who the recipients will be. The goal is to make the people less desperate for change, and thus less apt to risk their lives in joining a dangerous operation. A minor side goal is to make the FDI aware of her efforts to help the people, deflecting suspicion of involvement with the Bazaarine Stability Pact.]]

((Is this correct/acceptable?))

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Sara smiles and nods back, &quotI won’t let you down.&quot She stands up and holds her arm up for Caldyr to perch. She speaks to him affectionately, &quotWe’ve a fundraiser to organize.&quot Her professional tone returns as she addresses ELO. &quotYou know how to get in touch with me if needed. Until next time.&quot She silently slips away into dark, heading home to plan.

[[Sara Hysaro is attempting to organize a fundraiser using her Church and Great Game contacts. She will attempt to ask Eli on neutral ground what supplies are needed and who the recipients will be. The goal is to make the people less desperate for change, and thus less apt to risk their lives in joining a dangerous operation. A minor side goal is to make the FDI aware of her efforts to help the people, deflecting suspicion of involvement with the Bazaarine Stability Pact.]]

((Is this correct/acceptable?))[/quote]

(( Perfect. Word will carry into the other War-Room and someone will eventually step in to block it. ))

[quote=Drake Dynamo]Mauvais, now on crutches, is out on the streets. He has violence on the mind. Deep in Spite, he spies his target: a warehouse where the Flowerdene Insurgency is rumored to store contraband goods. Mauvais hobbles up to the guards and prepares to strike.

(OOC: Mister Mauvais is moving to assault and, for the sake of characterizing him as a frankly evil person, cripple some (hopefully) NPC guards. Afterwards, he intends to loot said warehouse.)[/quote]

Do I declare my IC attempt to oppose you here or on the other thread?

Okay, once we get everyone we can start Mr. Mauvus slug fest thread

No, just anyone who wants to. You probably have veto power if there is a problem.

Okay, I’ll let you start the scene when your ready, since Mister Mauvais is the one starting this battle.

A harried urchin messenger hands a small nondesript parcel - a glorified envelope, really - to Eli Lowe One before dashing off.

The package contains three items. The first is a small wooden chess piece, a black rook. The second is a candle that smells faintly of lilacs. The third is a note printed on a typewriter: &quotTO BE LIT IN DARKNESS IN FRONT OF A MIRROR&quot.

“Wonderful, another cryptic note from the newly-eyed wonder.”
Vaustus sighs.
“We need a disicive action. We need to weaken them significantly.”
Vaustus ponders this for a while, before an idea comes to him.
“The Devils! If we can get the Devils on our side, and my contacts in the embassy can defiantly do that, we can gain a significant advantage! I’ll go meet with my counter church comrades!”
((Vaustus is attempting to bring hell to the bazaars side. He will use a combination of bribery and violence to do this.)