The Naga Advertising Agency

[color=#0066ff]The Naga Advertising Agency occupies a neat office in the Side-streets, amongst some of London’s most prestigious businesses. Its proprietor, the Artful Advertiser, is always on the lookout for new talent, and you have caught her eye. There is a whole populace out there, with their hearts and minds ready to be captured and their wallets ready to be emptied. All they’re waiting for is the right product - and the right person to convince them to buy it.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Naga Advertising Agency is a free, repeatable activity that allows you to lead advertising campaigns for a number of the Neath’s pre-eminent products.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Skirt the truth with the Guileful Copywriter, commission blasphemous posters from the Genre Artist and carve a reputation as London’s most accomplished marketer.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The Naga Advertising Agency is located in the Bazaar Side-streets and is open to any player who is a Person of Some Importance, but more advanced players may still find profit there. Unlock this content by responding to ‘A Business Proposition’ in your Lodgings.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Aside from the Christmas festivities still to come, the Naga Advertising Agency is our last update of 2021. Thank you, Delicious Friends, and see you in the New Year![/color]

I like the new content!

Why isn’t there a multi page thread about this yet?

[quote=BillyCosmos!]Why isn’t there a multi page thread about this yet?[/quote] Busy time of year Surface-side for many people. Plus, the content update has lots of nice writing and there’s some optimization to sort out but on the whole there isn’t too much to be troubled by. Pretty much anyone can hop in and spend ~15 actions to get a reasonable reward. The silence in this thread is the silence over an especially tasty meal: everyone’s mouths (or minds) are busy with our scrumptious update. ;-)

Warning: the reward for the third campaign option (the one that gives Memories of Light) is half as much as all the other campaigns, even though all the text either implies or states that it’s more rewarding than the two easier csmpaigns.

Is that true even if you do all campaigns at 25 Enterprise?

Is that true even if you do all campaigns at 25 Enterprise?[/quote]

Yes, at least for now. You get a Memory of Light per 100 Name Recognition (valuing 1 Name recognition at 0.5 pence), while the other campaigns value Name Recognition at 1 pence, e.g. second campaigns gives a Zee-Story for 50 Name Recognition.

[quote=menaulon]

Yes, at least for now. You get a Memory of Light per 100 Name Recognition (valuing 1 Name recognition at 0.5 pence), while the other campaigns value Name Recognition at 1 pence, e.g. second campaigns gives a Zee-Story for 50 Name Recognition.[/quote]

I see , thank you!

Just finished the new contet. It is always nice to see some shadowy grind in the mid-game. Also a really fun premise for a little grind.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Have a wonderful holiday Failbetter!

I feel like this content was designed solely to distract the wiki editors who would have otherwise focused on figuring out the new laboratory formulas that were changed on the same day. This is a conspiracy to make me overshoot the research target by obfuscating the value of my Unexpected Results.

Hm. Is one to infer there are updates to Christmas this year? Beyond, of course, the novel goodies in the Advent Calendar.

Isn’t there usually a christmas fate-locked story? I’ve been guessing there would be something

The Poisoner’s Library was released earlier this month

[quote=PSGarak]Hm. Is one to infer there are updates to Christmas this year? Beyond, of course, the novel goodies in the Advent Calendar.[/quote] We might be in for a new &quotInvestigating Sacksmas with ___&quot option.

New Incarnadine Robe items are also not unlikely additions.

Incarnadine Robes options are already available. Investigating Sacks is a strong possibility, I sure hope there’s a new one.

Could also be referring to The Revelest of Revels, even though it’s technically New Years rather than Christmas.

Anyways, the Naga Agency: I don’t feel like Fallen London was missing an advertising agency. But it also completely makes sense that we have one now.

Having an adjustable difficulty/rewards slider is an interesting mechanic for keeping relevancy across a range of progression. I like it. I hope it doesn’t get stapled to every piece of new content (or at least that there’s some variation), but it works well without getting in the way too much.

The Advertiser has an interesting perspective, and a background that we don’t often see in Fallen London. We only get six moments to find out about them. I would hope for more.

I was amused to see the seasonal tie-in with Christmas. Reminds me a bit of Jenny’s school. Maybe we’ll see other tie-ins with other festivals?

[quote=PSGarak]Incarnadine Robes options are already available. Investigating Sacks is a strong possibility, I sure hope there’s a new one.

Could also be referring to The Revelest of Revels, even though it’s technically New Years rather than Christmas.

<snip> [/quote]
Traditionally, the Christmas season in the Neath lasted at least until January 6 (the 12th day after Christmas), and the Wicket will be open even longer.

By old tradition, the Twelve Days of Christmas begin on Christmas day, when my true love sends me a partridge in a pear tree, and finish at Epiphany (6 Jan), when one is supposed totake down the tree and possibly kick my former true love and their bloody menagerie and loud coterie of revellers to the door. I like that old London adheres to this.