The Mayor of London: final round!

So, after some criticism of the electoral system, I decided to hold a final round with Mr Eaten and NiteBrite, who were first and second rating (in different order) in both the first and second round. Vote here! I would encourage the candidates to bribe us with rat, but that would put Eaten as a disadvantage since it is apparently not an active player, so I encourage you not to bribe us with rats. Anything else is fair game.

Is Mr Eaten seeking NiteBrite’s name?

I don’t know, ask Mr Eaten. I hear it’s very companionable.

Easy choice.

Come on, people. NiteBrite is nice and all but they’d just get distracted by something shiny within an hour and leave the Londoners to their own devices. Eaten has vision*.

(*may contain an awful lot of screaming and blood raining down from the heavens)
edited by mayexist on 6/11/2016

Mr Eaten. A candidate, but not a wise one. (Naturally I must vote for him. If he turns out terrible we won’t need to get rid of him because somebody already did it)
edited by Hark DeGaul on 6/11/2016

My vote still remains with the Mother of Goats.

Maybe if I vote for Mr Eaten I can escape this terrible fate.

my hand clicks my own name and votes

Oh no, even my own hand betrays me :v

Yes, I’d say Eaten definitely has a vision but it’s not down to earth one bit. The entire Bazaar being crushed to pieces and everyone within dying a bloody violent death is a laudable goal, but is it really practical?Feasible, even? Has Eaten ever actively accomplished one of its goals?

NiteBrite, on the other hand, has shown to us all that she can bring about even the most absurdly impossible of goals. She has the right mix of insane determination and utter disregard for what is and isn’t humanly possible. She can change Fallen London, maybe even for the better. I believe in NiteBrite.

I agree that Mr. Eaten has vision. But not, I think, a vision that is compatible with the long-term survival of the human race. NiteBrite, on the other hand, has displayed both compassion for other human beings, and a toughness to survive some of the toughest challenges Fallen London affords. I agree with absimiliard: NiteBrite is the easy choice, as well as the wisest one.
edited by cathyr19355 on 6/11/2016

[quote=NiteBrite]
my hand clicks my own name and votes

Oh no, even my own hand betrays me :v[/quote]

And this is why we love you Mrs. Brite.

Well, that and the idea of you showing up on my doorstep with a rat, looking for scraps.

Will the rat come with a name, or will Nitebrite get to do the honors? And will she have to give up hers in favor of a Relicker title? Perhaps “The Merciless Relicker”?

Would being on the ballot not require that a name be written?

Okay, truth time: I am actually quite flattered that I can somehow lead in votes in a straight up popularity contest with Mr Eaten. You lot are awesome. OuO
edited by NiteBrite on 6/12/2016

I’m pretty sure it’s a case of “vote for the lesser evil” ;)

I’m pretty sure it’s not. There are less dangerous people out there to elect than nitebrite- i mean, we’re talking about the first ever owner of a heptagoat in london society. If we were voting for the lesser evil, she (xe? i always have trouble remembering whether gender matches avatar or not) wouldn’t have gotten this far, and the soft hearted widow would have done better than 6 votes to nitebrite’s 21.

(also, the struggling artist would have gotten -15 votes, not 1 vote, for mayor, and all the other mostly harmless candidates would have done better.)
edited by Grenem on 6/12/2016

Grenem, I was only referring to this final round of voting! Sorry if that was unclear.

[quote=Grenem]
I’m pretty sure it’s not. There are less dangerous people out there to elect than nitebrite- i mean, we’re talking about the first ever owner of a heptagoat in london society. If we were voting for the lesser evil, she (xe? i always have trouble remembering whether gender matches avatar or not) wouldn’t have gotten this far, and the soft hearted widow would have done better than 6 votes to nitebrite’s 21.

(also, the struggling artist would have gotten -15 votes, not 1 vote, for mayor, and all the other mostly harmless candidates would have done better.)
edited by Grenem on 6/12/2016[/quote]

I don’t know, personally, I think voting for someone dedicated enough to sell Cider for a chance of a Heptagoat would make for a good mayor. Certanly a interesting one. That’s some dedication to insanity. Plus, there’s a very real risk that as a seeker she’ll just make Eaten mayor anyway in exchance for The Name so voting for her results in both.

[quote=Kylestien][quote=Grenem]

edited by Grenem on 6/12/2016[/quote]

I don’t know, personally, I think voting for someone dedicated enough to sell Cider for a chance of a Heptagoat would make for a good mayor. Certanly a interesting one. That’s some dedication to insanity. Plus, there’s a very real risk that as a seeker she’ll just make Eaten mayor anyway in exchance for The Name so voting for her results in both.[/quote]
Well yes, but as far as i can tell ‘evil’ = competent. Being the first to own a heptagoat and, IIRC, the cider of eternal life > dying painfully in a well.

Just think: NiteBrite as mayor would mean things getting DONE. Mr Eaten has been mostly-dead since the Third City and not once has someone even gotten all seven candles. All we’d be likely to get from him is bad dreams - with NiteBrite in charge, we’d finally have important matters ADDRESSED. Like whether Heptagoats like Hesperidian Cider.

Besides, if we could look at Mr Eaten’s quality list right now I bet he wouldn’t even have SMEN 1. What a lame poser. Support #SeekingNiteBritesName 1894!
edited by Optimatum on 6/12/2016