The Masters' Gallery of Singular Equipment

Wouldn’t the goggles increase persuasive?

Eaten’s name is a good concept, but game-breaking. if you were sent… well anywhere due to menaces, you wouldn’t be able to get out since you couldn’t remove it.

Satan’s suit
Clothing
Well… it’s not his suit per se, but it IS fresh from….below.
+3 Wounds +6 Dreaded

[quote=Swordude]Wouldn’t the goggles increase persuasive?
[/quote]

Well, lighting someone on fire usually doesn’t help when trying to make a good impression. :)

Ah, that’s true. Perhaps you’re only able to remove it in a Menace area? That way, it’s easy to get there but hard to get out.

[quote=Swordude]Wouldn’t the goggles increase persuasive?

Eaten’s name is a good concept, but game-breaking. if you were sent… well anywhere due to menaces, you wouldn’t be able to get out since you couldn’t remove it.

[/quote]

I think that’s quite the idea ^^

[quote]That way, it’s easy to get there but hard to get out.[/quote]
Actually, it would make it easier to get out. Equipment doesn’t add CP to your stats, so if you removed it, you would still only be at 1. Generally, a single action in a menace area will remove that – this would essentially give the menace areas revolving doors.

Sounds pretty beneficial to me! :)

Actually, it would make it easier to get out. Equipment doesn’t add CP to your stats, so if you removed it, you would still only be at 1. Generally, a single action in a menace area will remove that – this would essentially give the menace areas revolving doors.

Sounds pretty beneficial to me! :)[/quote]

Unless it worked like items which increase Menaces. If you put them on when you have none of the Menace it gives, it permanently raises a point of that Menace.

Sounds pretty beneficial to me! :)[/quote]
But how would you control which menace area it sent you to? With all four being activated at once, wouldn’t it just send you to any one of them randomly?

It would have to be +6 then, otherwise it really would be impossible to get out of a menace area. Even so, the difference between levels 1 and 2 is really minor. So it costs me two actions to get in or out instead of one; no biggie.

Except it’s +7, not +8. I’d go to whichever one I got a point of menace in first.
edited by Little The on 7/23/2012

After seeing the incredible things in here, I can’t help but take a crack at this!

Iron Republic Map
Category: Weapon
‘How… how did I get this…? What did I do to get this…? The blood won’t stop… It won’t stop! My ears, my ears they won’t stop!!!’
[b]Wounds +4, Nightmares +6, Bizarre +7, Dreaded +8, Respectable -9, Shadowy -5, Dangerous +5

[/b]It would probably involve about 5 x Iron Republic Journals and a Screaming Map
edited by Dormin on 8/1/2012

It would be nice if there were something that reduced scandal. With the currently available accoutrements, you can take your suspicion up and down, you can reduce your wounds and nightmares, but scandal you can only raise. You can even buy, for mere pennies, cures from Nikolas & Sons or F.F. Gebrandt for the other major menaces, but no one’s selling a scandal cure. Even tea with the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner isn’t reducing my scandal today. Standards at this tea shop have slipped to a deplorable level. About all I can do now is spend the entire blasted day in church.

Thus:
Stiff-Brimmed Bonnet
Category: Hats
Prim, proper, and dreadfully uncomfortable.
-2 Scandal, -1 Bizarre

Iron Waistcoat
Category: Clothing
Only a Clay Man could stand to wear this thing for long. By the end of the day, your ribs are bruised.
-4 Scandal, +2 Wounds

Oh, and for sale in the Bazaar:
Tiny Flask of Cantigaster Venom
A thimble-sized portion of bitter liquid. This will remove all your scandal, but will take you to a place you may not wish to go. Don’t drink it!

… And then, when you drink it:
You no longer have any of this: Scandal
You have moved to a new location: A slow boat passing a dark beach on a silent river

Interesting…Scandal is the easiest menace to get rid of, though, if you’re making enough waves.

Although…isn’t Cantigaster venom [[color=#ffffff]a bit more, ah, permanent?[/color]]
edited by Little The on 8/4/2012

Is it, now? I wondered what that newer Making Waves was for. I shall have to look into it.

Perhaps the Cantigaster Venom should only be attempted by those equipped with Hesperidean Cider.

[quote=Genny]Is it, now? I wondered what that newer Making Waves was for. I shall have to look into it.

Perhaps the Cantigaster Venom should only be attempted by those equipped with Hesperidean Cider.[/quote]

Start with more Broken Giant than seem strictly necessary. Add a dash of Hesperidean Cider, a dash of Cantigaster Venom, and serve it in a lead cup covered in correspondence. Drink it down to the count of seven. Roulette for the criminally wealthy and insane. Stir in a drop of Moon Milk to love every moment of the everlasting agony that follows.

Nathan Gerimi must try this. For science.
edited by Little The on 8/5/2012

Nathan Gerimi must try this. For science.
edited by Little The on 8/5/2012[/quote]

But would it be everlasting agony if the person had already ingested Hesperidean Cider beforehand? The only truly scientific way to test it would be it give one to someone who’s has the cider before- in this case, me- and then give another to someone who hasn’t had cider, as a control. Maybe you, Little The? You seem in rather eager to help in the name of science.

Also, so as not to seem that this is getting too off-topic:

The Confidante’s Pumps
Category: Footwear
What better place to keep secrets than somewhere pointed that you can always keep track of?
Watchful +5, Dangerous +1, Scandal -1, Suspiscion +2, Shadowy -1

Sinister Black Notebook
Catagory: Weapon
The human whose name is written in this notebook will die in the manner you specify. Better make sure it’s permanent. Warning may cause delusions of godhood.
Dangerous + 5, Shadowy + 3 Suspicion + 2

Blatant references ahoy.
edited by atheistcanuck on 8/27/2012
edited by atheistcanuck on 8/27/2012

Correspondent Greatsword
It’s blade smolders with forbidden runes and purple fire.
Dangerous +5, Shadowy -2, Dreaded +2, Nightmares +1

Refurbished Gothic Armor
Heavy, cold, expensive, and mostly bulletproof.
Dangerous +4, Persuasive -2, Shadowy -2, Watchful -2, Dreaded +2

I would assume both of these would need some interesting things to gain them. A Scholar of the Correspondence for the Greatsword or course, and perhaps Mr Irons has an old set of armor it could be persuaded to part with.

edited by W J P on 11/10/2012
edited by W J P on 11/10/2012

Hmm, it seems no one has posted lately. Let’s change that!

L.B.-Stitched Decoy
Life-size. Lifelike. They’ll never see you coming.
Dangerous + 1, Shadowy +3, Bizarre + 2

Angel Statuette
Category: Giftable
Gilt and porcelain, around 8 inches. A wonderful gift for friend or foe! Includes hollow space for paid rat-spy.
Respectable +1? Dunno

Intriguer’s Dress
Just distracting enough, with hidden pouches for pickpockets and knife-wielders. Still manages to look somewhat respectable.
Persuasive +1, Shadowy +2

Wall-Mounted Photography Kit
Category: Home Comfort
This kit includes everything needed to mount the newest of cameras in the wall of your living room, dayroom, or boudoir! Send your friends photographs of your parties as souvenirs! Trigger may be installed in furniture, ornaments, or floor tile. NOT INTENDED FOR BLACKMAIL PURPOSES.
Shadowy +3, Suspicion +1

Unterzee Ice Company Delivery Ship
Category: Ship
Plays upbeat tunes as it sails, delivering puffball ices to the valiant sailors on the black water. Nominal transit fees.
Shadowy -3, Nightmares -1, Troubled Waters +1

Unfinished Coach
Category: Transport
Guaranteed to get you there in record time! May consume other vehicles during passage.
Shadowy -4, Nightmares +1, Bizarre +2, Watchful+1, Dangerous +2

Reverse Poison-Ring
Works almost as advertised.
Wounds +4, Shadowy +1
edited by ladymadsci on 12/30/2012

Portfolio of Alibis
For a discerning double reverse quadruple agent.
Shadowy +2, Suspicion -2, Turncoat -2.

Gutteral Flower Girl
Category: Pet
‘It’s pronounced ‘Eh’ not ‘aye’ you horrid creature!’
Persuasive -3, Scandal +1, Pygmalion +3

…Im going to bad reference hell, arent I?

Thought I’d throw in something for the new year, considering new developments.

Ray-Drenched Knife
A weapon forged of colors only seen in dreams. When the right light strikes, it banishes slaves of night; and on that day, all shall fear our might.
Dangerous +30 Shadowy -7 Persuasive -2 Watchful -2 Dreaded +4

Toadleather Suit
Don’t tell them how you made it. Or what you had to do to have all the eyes removed. But the fog still hides you. The Neath knows what you’ve become.
Shadowy +10, Dangerous +1, Persuasive -3, Dreaded +2

Forget about silly ravens. What would happen if you fed your Bifurcated Owl seven Dreadful Surmises? This happens:
Hemisected Phoenix
From the ashes of premature enlightenment. Flies with the thunder, and weeps for the moon. Sings songs from when the Bazaar was between stars.
Dangerous +15, Persuasive +15, Watchful +15, Shadowy +15, Respectable +5, Dreaded +5, Bizarre +5.

edited by friendshipranger on 2/26/2014