The Masters' Gallery of Singular Equipment

[quote=Branden Linton]Alright I can give this a crack. All these items would be for my character ideally.

Scorned[b]

“Trophy” Collection[/b]
[/quote]

I would definitely appreciate “Jaded cynic” as an alternative to “committed.” Likewise I would love being able to build a “trophy room” using a multitude of my various characteristics like “procurer of savage beasts” and “fearsome duelist”

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]
Category: Club.
The Hermetic Order of the Gilded Pangolin
Esoteric scholars, society cliomancers, and other seekers of the Cities that Fell.
Respectable +2, Bizarre +2[/quote]

As a great enthusiast of pangolins, I would quit the Parthenaeum to join this society in a heartbeat just for the name alone.

They can definitely use my steam-powered dirigible. Even without giving me any credit. I just want the bl**dy thing! :)

About me, it’s fine if the developers decide to take hint from anything useful I could I write not just in this thread, but on the whole forum… Not that it is much, I’m afraid T.T

Also, a memento of the time Blue was a penniless Bohemian poet hungry for fame:

Category: Weapon
Risqué Rhymebook:
There must be a better rime with “Buttcheek” than “Reek”!
Persuasive +1, Scandal +1

As much as I desperately wish there was a way to turn my head-cannon pairing into a constant companion, it would just be ridiculous in terms of gameplay or story.

But there is one thing:
Lead-Lined Field Notebook
For scholar on the go! Not guaranteed flame-retardant past 7 full pages.
Watchful +3, Scholar of the Correspondence +1

I would love a steam-powered dirigible. It’d go so well with my Correspondence powered zubmarine.

How about:

Quite Possibly a Fox
Category: Pet
“It’s been so long since you’ve seen a fox, but you’re almost certain this is what they looked like.”
Nightmares +2, Dreaded +3, Shadowy +1

[quote=hwango]
As a great enthusiast of pangolins, I would quit the Parthenaeum to join this society in a heartbeat just for the name alone.[/quote]

Delighted to please! The Hermetic Order has been a staple of some of my sillier stories - you can see them here if you’re interested.
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 5/15/2012

Lamplighter Bee
“An excellent source of illumination, regrettably, also an excellent source of stings.”
Dangerous +1, Watchful +2, Wounds +1

The Thunder
Transport
“The Thunder loves me! I will be carried by the Thunder, and nothing shall stand in our way!”
Bizarre +2, Watchful +1, Stormy-Eyed +1, Nightmares +1

[quote=Wieland Burandt]Great idea!

Category: Transport
Your Own Steam-powered Dirigible
Mr Fires’ magnum opus. A noisy dream of brass, clockwork, and things you have no name for. Sane people will not ask what you had to pay for it. Some things cost more than a city. Well, most cities.
Respectable +5, Dreaded +5, Bizarre +5

(the cost would probably be somewhere in the region of 150x Strong-backed Labour, 75x Whirring Contraptions and 15x Bazaar Permits. I would definitely grind for this.)
edited by Wieland Burandt on 5/14/2012[/quote]
I whould LOVE to have a Dirgible. I still hope you get the Market Beast at the end of the Light fingers ambition.

Sprung Oak Floored Ballroom

Category: Home Comfort

Grand piano, elegant spindly chairs, and sufficiently gilded cherubs in a room perfect for musical evenings, grand balls, and private theatricals.

Persuasive +1, Respectable +1. Bizarre +1
edited by Maddyanne on 5/16/2012

F.F. Gebrandt’s Seven Percent Solution

Category: Curiosities

Distilled from marvelous leaves from distant shores, this helps would-be Investigators sharpen their foci, although the effect seems oddly fleeting …

Next 10 Actions: Watchful +2, Persuasive +2, Shadowy -2
Following 10 Actions: Watchful +1, Persuasive -1, Dangerous +2, Quirk: Paranoid 1
After 20 Actions: Wounds +1

[quote=Pedantic Jones]F.F. Gebrandt’s Seven Percent Solution

Category: Curiosities

Distilled from marvelous leaves from distant shores, this helps would-be Investigators sharpen their foci, although the effect seems oddly fleeting …

Next 10 Actions: Watchful +2, Persuasive +2, Shadowy -2
Following 10 Actions: Watchful +1, Persuasive -1, Dangerous +2, Quirk: Paranoid 1
After 20 Actions: Wounds +1
[/quote]
The idea of something affecting your character for a specified number of actions is very interesting! And not only with Gebrandt’s remedies… I boldly and strongly suggest the devs look into this! :)
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 3/24/2015

I would advise against it actually. I played a game like that once called Metroplexity. It was fun but often you would end up wasting some of your buffs and lead to some annoying situations. It would also mean adding more new features and with all of the current bugs I would rather have new stories than a new mechanic.

In keeping with The Raconteur’s position somewhere in the upper echelons of the Great Game, I went with a little accessory that no spy’s home should be without: a ratly companion with a network of her own! I can almost see him handing them out as ornaments to friends and enemies alike, sitting in the library with a nice glass of Broken Giant as they compare notes on what intel’s been gathered that week.

Category: Home Comfort
Well-Connected Teapot
Why, there’s a rat inside! And goodness, the things she’s heard…
Watchful +3; Persuasive +2; Dreaded +2

Stone Piglet
Stolen from the bazaar itself, this stony menace is as big as a mammoth, yet adorable in its own way.
Dangerous + 10 Dreaded + 5
Anarchist Bomb
Catch!
Dangerous + 5 wounds + 4

edited by Jack Blackstone on 5/18/2012
edited by Jack Blackstone on 5/22/2012

Category: Clothing
Patchwork Suit
So many outfits! Too many outfits! Save some time and stitch them all together! If you’re not found handsome, you shall at least be considered handy.
Dangerous +2 Persuasive -2 Watchful +2 Shadowy -2 Bizarre +2

Rusting Pistol
A family heirloom. Works except when it is temperamental. Which is all the time.
Dangerous +3 Bizarre +1

My sneaky and persuasive character of questionable motive often carries loud and perturbing paraphernalia. How questionable.
edited by RustingPistol on 5/19/2012
edited by RustingPistol on 5/19/2012

An idea occurred to me. Assuming that Dr Schlomo’s theory about the Correspondence basically being a language of magic is true…

Correspondent’s Spellbook

Weapon
Reality is your canvas.
Dangerous +5, Shadowy +5, Persuasive -5, Bizarre +2

Also:

The Crown
Affiliation
“The Crown loves me! The Masters themselves will kneel before us!”
Persuasive +1, Respectable +5, Nightmares +1, Dreaming Strange Dreams: A Game of Chess +1
edited by Little The on 5/20/2012

I have to say I find the idea of items that increase progress qualities rather interesting. Of course, you have to be careful to keep them from becoming too overpowered. Bonus points for everyone who picks up on the (rather blatantly obvious) references.[b]

Unterzee Compass
[/b]Weapon
Found in the cargo of a ship that sank near a Greek island some twenty centuries ago, or so you were told. Part planetarium, part navigational aid and part map, the surprisingly intricate clockwork device promises to guide you away from danger. It also stubbornly refuses to point North. That’s probably for the best.
An Experienced Zailor +1, Troubled Waters -1

Tedious Anarchist Pamphlet
Weapon
A book which ascends to such rarefied heights of political prose that no one in the Benthic press is capable of criticizing it. The writing is entirely impenetrable, but there are a few interesting economic figures in the back. If nothing else, it will help you know who has money or secrets worth stealing.
Investigating +1, Seeking +1, Casing +1, Suspicion +1

edited by Cedric Appleby on 5/22/2012
edited by Cedric Appleby on 5/22/2012

Brigandine Jacket with Enameled Steel Gorget

Category: Clothing

A must for any Jack hunting detective. And stylish too!

Dangerous +3, Persuasive +2, Dreaded +2
edited by Maddyanne on 5/27/2012