The Lady in Lilac

[color=#ff00cc]“You are desired,” she says. “Give me the proof of it, and I’ll make arrangements.”[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]The enigmatic Lady in Lilac has arrived in London.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]From today you will be able to draw the Lady in Lilac from your opportunity deck, allowing you to trade in your feast-gifts for Masquing. You’ll also be able to turn in your Masquing for special companions on the Encounters at the Feast card.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]The Lady in Lilac and Encounters at the Feast will remain available until the 22nd of February, after which your remaining Masquing will be converted to Making Waves when Time, the Healer visits.[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]
[/color]
[color=#ff00cc]You will still be able to visit Clathermont’s, exchange gifts for Masquing and collect companions until the end of the Feast, on the 22nd of February.[/color]

And I have a HUGE complaint: I chose the “no tatoo” option, and now I’m mocked for it - all further content requires a first tatoo. If it’s not possible to make an alternative branch, could you at least hide the unreachable options?

I wish Millicent had an option to just say ‘hi’ like Penstock does at Sacksmas. I don’t know why, but I wish him a merry sacksmas every year and I think I like Millicent a lot more than I like him.

Has anyone seen Encounters at the Feast yet? The Lady vanishes on a Perhaps Not, and I’m reluctant to trade gits for masquing until I have some idea what might be available for my masquing.

The announcement blog post describes it, but the full details are now know. Two new non-Fate Companions, who cost 10 Masquing each. Two new Fate Companions, September and November, who both cost 80 Masquing each. Notably, November gives +1 Glasswork and September gives +1 Player of Chess.

My opinion is opposite. I like Penstock much more than Millicent–but then he has always treated me more kindly than she has.

[quote=Snort]Has anyone seen Encounters at the Feast yet? The Lady vanishes on a Perhaps Not, and I’m reluctant to trade gits for masquing until I have some idea what might be available for my masquing.[/quote] Yes, was reminded the hard way that The Lady in Lilac card vanishes on Perhaps Not!

Has anyone figured out how to get the rusty census-taker’s badge?

Perhaps it will be the &quotministerial gift&quot we will get once the seven social goals are accomplished on Mask of the Rose Kickstarter? Thematically, that would be quite a good fit.

Anyway, do we know if it’s possible to get the Intrepid Curate as a companion if you did not play his story? It works with November, but I’m not sure if such an option is implemented for him, and my alt can’t seem to draw the Encounter…

Oh, and November is quite charming. She really seems like such a nice, delicate, thoughtful and strong person. Very well written!

[quote=Catherine Raymond]

My opinion is opposite. I like Penstock much more than Millicent–but then he has always treated me more kindly than she has.[/quote]

Uh, did he sell you a house with a monstrous tick attached to it? Because of his creepy lust for a space crab?

The announcement blog post describes it, but the full details are now know. Two new non-Fate Companions, who cost 10 Masquing each. Two new Fate Companions, September and November, who both cost 80 Masquing each. Notably, November gives +1 Glasswork and September gives +1 Player of Chess.

https://www.failbettergames.com/the-feast-of-the-rose-1899/[/quote]

Ahh, thanks.

Seems a bit extortionate. :) (In that there are companions with +2 in each of these.)
edited by Snort on 2/11/2021

[quote=Toran][quote=Catherine Raymond]

My opinion is opposite. I like Penstock much more than Millicent–but then he has always treated me more kindly than she has.[/quote]

Uh, did he sell you a house with a monstrous tick attached to it? Because of his creepy lust for a space crab?[/quote]
The Bazaar is not like ordinary…companions. I do not blame him for his healthy obsession. And I really like the Opportunity card I now have as a result of buying the property. On the other hand, Lilac is always cold to me.

Hmm…I didn’t think it was possible to have both Sister Lydia, at Peace with Herself and Sister Lydia, but I saw the latter on the Encounter card today. Has that always been the case and I’m misremembering?

If it were possible to get both at a previous Feast, I’m sure I would have done it. I’ve gotten all the Fate-free Feast companions for several years running, and I certainly would not have skipped out on Sister Lydia.

Wiki history says that Sister Lydia used to be locked by Lydia, At Peace. No idea why it was changed. My only vague idea would be something related to Burrow-Infra-Mump?

If it were possible to get both at a previous Feast, I’m sure I would have done it. I’ve gotten all the Fate-free Feast companions for several years running, and I certainly would not have skipped out on Sister Lydia.

Wiki history says that Sister Lydia used to be locked by Lydia, At Peace. No idea why it was changed. My only vague idea would be something related to Burrow-Infra-Mump?[/quote] Thank you, glad to hear you confirming my memory is not going quite yet! :)

&quotThe enigmatic Lady in Lilac has arrived in London.&quot

no she b____y hasn’t!
it’s been 2 days of near constant (I’ve got to sleep, delicious friends) opportunity card laying and not a sight!

it was like this last year too, I barely saw her, I missed out on the last part of the tattoo thing because it took so long for the second time the card to show!

can’t the lilac woman card be a storylet on a page like Penstock or hallowmass things?

:(

[edit] HAH I was hoping that if I complained she’d show up just to spite me, and yes so it is. :D
edited by CatQuest, the Endeavouring Cat! on 2/13/2021

Does anybody know what a Rusty Census-Taker’s Badge is, and why Lilac may or may not want one?

Speculation: It might be the &quotMinisteral Gift&quot from the current Kickstarter campaign which will be released via access code after achieving seven social goals. If it is, it probably shouldn’t be visible yet…

How come the rate for this card is so low? It seems counterproductive to people being able to interact with this festival if we can’t finish the clathermont quest or sell our masking gifts.

I wonder that, too.

I mean, you can still buy items, so it seems - if you want to make money - fixing it as a storylet would be the best option. It might be just me, but it’s hard to a) know what you want with the Encounter card rare-ish, and b) impossible to trade in more (making buying more items a risk anyway) when you might see the Lady once during over a two day period.