The Lady in Lilac

[quote=CatQuest, the Endeavouring Cat!]&quotThe enigmatic Lady in Lilac has arrived in London.&quot

[edit] HAH I was hoping that if I complained she’d show up just to spite me, and yes so it is. :D
edited by CatQuest, the Endeavouring Cat! on 2/13/2021[/quote]

I will complain then some myself, in case she shows up for me as well! I did get her once, then I ‘Perhaps Not’-ed her (I had forgotten she goes away this way), and she hasn’t shown her lilac dress since! Do you think she’s holding a grudge? I hope complaining works!
edited by Thanos Black on 2/13/2021

Following the trend of “complaining to appease RNG,” while my main has drawn the Encounter at the Feast 4 times already, my alt who is drawing cards almost as consistently has yet to see the bloody thing even once. I’ve been sitting on Lilac card for days, drew tons of Feast cards and wasted their Masquing, still no Encounter.

Which is exactly why I hate solely card-based seasonal events. Statistically speaking, these work well enough, but if you are having bad luck, they create inordinate amount of frustration.
It would do a lot to mitigate this if we could use e.g. Favourable Circumstances to call forth the seasonal cards, such as an Encounter, or Lilac (or the Noman, among other seasonal cards). And I doubt it would be inordinately profitable or even worth it for the ordinarily lucky player…

In the spirit of “complain in hopes of jinxing it for the better” . . . I’ve now been cursed with a lot of Lady in Lilac, but not a single “Encounter” card to trade any of my masqueing in for the remaining companions. I’m starting to get a bit annoyed; I don’t understand why this festival needs to rely solely on the RNG.

You have to rely on RNG because love is a female dog. :D

Can totally relate. About 3 days of more or less active play, 3 Ladies, 0 Encounters, but “main” Feast card just can’t leave me be. Well, Touching Love Stories are good, but still I’d like to be finally able to spend this Masquing.

Do you suppose they altered the frequency for some daft reason? I don’t recall it being quite as bothersome as this in previous years.

Ironically, Lilac’s been easier to draw for me than in other years. That’s how the RNG crumbles, I guess.

Nope, that’s just how RNG works vs the human brain, I’m afraid. It’s pretty miserable!

Nope, that’s just how RNG works vs the human brain, I’m afraid. It’s pretty miserable![/quote]

Well, in the past few years, there was the now-removed card refresh bug to help. This year, we have no such last resort option, even if the frequency might be the same (not sure about that either, there used to be also the frequency-increasing bug caused by multiple unlock conditions - don’t really know how that would’ve affected the Encounter card).

Even more reason to introduce some grindable compensatory mechanism for these seasonal events. For this, Favourable Circumstances would be the perfect tool.

You shouldn’t be drawing the Lilac card more than once when you don’t want it. It’s Frequent; you have to keep it in your hand if you don’t want it to clog your deck.

It felt like cheating to go into an infinite draw area just to leave quickly and get new cards, so I didn’t do that, but last year I did spend a lot of time going through Sinning Jenny’s Finishing School.

She also gets pinned eventually. The Feast of the Rose is never a stress holiday.

Any idea when this happens?

Historically it’s been in the last couple days. I’ve never particularly paid attention since I don’t spend Fate on this holiday.

“Encounter” card finally appeared to me - twice in a row, actually. Just after I exchanged couple of gifts with Lady. Wonder if there is connection. Most likely RNG, but wonderers gona wonder.

Don’t think so. I had the Encounter card several times before her ladyshop deigned to make an appearance.

Edit: That should be ‘ladyship’, obviously, hehe.
edited by Plynkes on 2/17/2021

[quote=Plynkes]Don’t think so. I had the Encounter card several times before her ladyshop deigned to make an appearance.

Edit: That should be ‘ladyship’, obviously, hehe.
edited by Plynkes on 2/17/2021[/quote]
So did I. This year the Rose card was truly ubiquitous for me, the Feast card shockingly common, and Lilac rarest, but I still drew her a number of times.

[quote=Catherine Raymond]
So did I. This year the Rose card was truly ubiquitous for me, the Feast card shockingly common, and Lilac rarest, but I still drew her a number of times.[/quote]

Ubiquitous is the word, all right. I just logged on to an ambition alt and drew her cards. Five out of the six were the Rose card!

Something about the Feast event needs to be reworked.

Before the Feast officially winds down (4 days before event ends i.e. 18 Feb vs 22 Feb), Feast cards keep appearing on your deck, while the cards for the Lilac Lady and the ‘Encounter at the Feast’ cards are comparatively scarcer. So additional Masquing gains from Feast cards go to waste if you already have 20 Masquing.

Unless of course, you don’t care about Masquing gains from Feast cards and just want the other rewards.