The Ivory Door - A Hallowmas Confession

Every year, Londoners post their confessions on the Ivory Door of the Bazaar as a Hallowmas tradition. But not all of these confessions are of the great and greater. Some of them are more ordinary confessions – from the smaller folk, such as the pickpockets, the doctors, the footpads. And some, still, are from London’s other folk - those being you ridiculously-clothed, morally-ambiguous ambitious types, of course.

So, tell me. When you go up to the Ivory Door and attach a confession of your own, masked and cloaked, what will you write?

(Of course, posting here only shows you have something to confess…)

EDIT: This year’s confessional is closed for the time being. Thank you for all your confessions!
edited by ReusedNPC on 11/10/2017

I assume you mean to collect Confessions from player characters, for the fun of it.

[subsequent text deleted]
edited by cathyr19355 on 10/24/2017

I am led to understand that one should send their confessions anonymously in the poll linked to by the phrase &quotwhat will you write?&quot, and then let Reused NPC post them, keeping the original account secret.

Oops. Ah well. I wasn’t clear on that, obviously.

That’s exactly the case. I think there are websites for this IRL (with real-life confessions and such), in fact, although d__n if I know where to find them.
In any case, this is meant to be all in good spirits. (So please, real people will read these confessions, be courteous.)

I love this idea. Can we submit different confessions for different PCs?

Looks like it! I just did two. Since they’re anonymous, I don’t think it matters that they were from the same forum account.

Looks like it! I just did two. Since they’re anonymous, I don’t think it matters that they were from the same forum account.[/quote]
Well if you put it like that I now know which two are yours.

…Not that I’m going to remember by this time tomorrow. In any case, feel free to submit multiple confessions if you so desire, but don’t go too overboard.

One for each of mine, I promise! And their handwriting are pretty different. No one will suspect it’s just one lonely player. Maybe.

When shall they be revealed?

Not that I confessed anything…whistles.

[quote=Teaspoon]When shall they be revealed?

Not that I confessed anything…whistles.[/quote]
I’m thinking the end of Hallowmas, as two weeks is a pretty sizeable amount of time for accruing confessions.

This is a fantastic idea. I’m looking forward to see the revelation.

Thus far, we have 18 confessions. Most of them are quite sizable, and I don’t think any two of them have been for quite the same thing.

That said, not all of your confessions need to be in-depth. Some things need only a sentence or two. (Take this year’s Cheery Man confession for an example.)

There’s quite some juicy things here, indeed…

How delightful. What will we learn I wonder?

I am sure it will be nothing of too much import that should not be read too closely or with too much worry about who might have foolishly written what.*

(*That’s the IC response OOC can’t wait ;))
edited by Lady Karnstein on 10/29/2017

This would be a nice treat to look forward to at the end of Hallowmas!

What is the deadline, though?

What a splendid ploy to gather confessions for your own nefarious ends! ;-P

[quote=Estelle Knoht]This would be a nice treat to look forward to at the end of Hallowmas!

What is the deadline, though?[/quote]

Most likely I’ll be taking these until the end of the Hallowmas season, so, say, November 7th or whenever the event proper ends.

We’re at 43 confessions so far. I think we still don’t have any repeats, as well, although there’s something of a common theme.

I’m realizing I may need to publish this in the form of a spreadsheet instead of a forum post, there’s a lot of these…

Could I recommend a blog-like format, like Tumblr?

A blog would be more tenacious. Then people could argue about who’s is who’s here. ;)