The Iron Republic?

I didn’t catch the full text (on a mobile device), but when you choose your destination on the Unterzee, The Iron Republic appears as an option and does not say it is locked for now, merely warning that the Iron Republic is a dangerous place. It looked like the prerequisite was some amount of an Infernal beverage, but (because on a mobile device) couldn’t see which, or how much.

Anyone else seen this? I’m heading back out shortly, once I’ve stocked up on Sherry and Brandy.
edited by ElseWiseIAm on 4/21/2012

Well howdy there!
I’ll head out to zee, though I have no way to get any sizable amount of infernal beverage, I’ll check if the option is there as I make a loop through Hunter’s Keep.

Yep, I spotted that on my way out to Polythreme. It says you can get safe passage to the Iron Republic via the Numismatrix or (if I remember right) via your lodgings. Not sure if this content has been released yet? Though sounds like it will be the next big content release, which is fun! :)

I think it said that if you go there, you may be permanantly changed… I can’t wait to find out how!

Literally minutes before I saw this post, I finished a seal-hunting loop and didn’t read any of the options before clicking London. One more Seal to go, though, so I’ll be sure to catalog it once I’m done getting this one into shape.

(And the Iron Republic is especially interesting to those pursuing a Nemesis, since the indication at the content boundary is that the story will continue there.)

Oh, I can’t wait to explore. I’m waiting on few cards (just hit What the Thunder Said 18!), but then it’s straight to Zee!

I can confirm, I saw it, Iron Republic is an option, if you somehow acquire safe-conduct. I’m going to see if raising Counting the Days helps any.

The Iron Republic
Freedom from laws and tyrants. All laws and tyrants, without exception. This place is exceptionally dangerous. You may be permanently changed.

Requires 1x Iron Republic Safe-Conduct, with the tooltip “Look to the Numismatrix or your Lodgings to find one of these.” Didn’t see any new options under Local Gossip or the other Neighbors, though.
edited by Aspeon on 4/22/2012

I’ve used the Spending Secrets card, didn’t have any new options on it. Maybe we’ll just have to wait for a new opportunity card.

[color=0000CC]The Safe Conduct isn’t available yet. But soon…[/color]

Just found an option in Ladybones road to move the Ambition Nemesis forward, might give whats needed.

Once my next action comes up, I’ll move forward with it, and see what happens

EDIT: Just double checked, wasn’t the path to the Iron Republic, just had some left before I got to the content barrier
edited by Myke Harryson on 4/24/2012
edited by Myke Harryson on 4/24/2012

Some intriguing tweets from Failbetter folks:

Alexis Kennedy: the upcoming Iron Republic content from [color=#66b5d2]@[/color][color=#0084b4]goatdance[/color] is quite something. The man’s been drinking the wrong things in the right way.
Nigel Evans: Well that’s the fragile balance of my mind shot to bits. Let’s hope the players like it.

edited by Aspeon on 5/1/2012

[quote=Aspeon]Some intriguing tweets from Failbetter folks:

Alexis Kennedy: the upcoming Iron Republic content from [color=#66b5d2]@[/color][color=#0084b4]goatdance[/color] is quite something. The man’s been drinking the wrong things in the right way.
Nigel Evans: Well that’s the fragile balance of my mind shot to bits. Let’s hope the players like it.

edited by Aspeon on 5/1/2012[/quote]

In the words of Liz Lemon: I want to go to there.

Alas, I’m still waiting on the dockside to go to the Carnellian Coast.

From the FB page: “Very soon, we will be serving a banquet of new stories for your terror and delight. A certain infernal outpost is involved. We shall say more tomorrow.”

Dont get me wrong, the Iron republic looks awesome, I just hope there will be more content for Polythreme.
edited by Jack Blackstone on 5/2/2012

If the idea behind the latest tweet on the official feed was to make me mouth-frothingly excited to get to the Iron Republic … mission accomplished. Mission oh so diabolically accomplished.

Well, I WANTED to go…but now Im just bloody terrified.

Permanently changed! The very thought!

Most certainly and undoubtedly for the better, I am sure.

The last time we were warned not to go somewhere, it turned out to be a surprisingly pleasant city, though sombre and occasionally of excessive vitality. Surely that means the Iron Rupblic isn’t as bad as they say either, right?

Just kidding. I’m not leaving the dock without a crew of toughs and the ship’s cannon But at least this means I have something to do other than cheekily camp out the House of Chimes. (My subscription’s expired, you see.)

Personally, I just pray they dont pull that nonsense where they release it and then make us wait a week to get a safe conduct…

And too true. I adored Polythreme. But I do have…a theory…its piecemeal, but goes as follow.

-Hell has obtained a double agent of the Presbyter in the form of Feducci.
-Hell as made him the captain of the Brass Trieme
-They are invading Hell as a plan to obtain the peaches of Immortality
-The “Monkey Poisonings” refer to Hells attempts to kill the monkey king, the peaches guardian, who brought the peaches to the orient, where the Widow processes them into Brandy.
edited by DukeLawliet on 5/2/2012