The 'good evening' thread: introduce yourself here

Hello my name is… well that’s not important. It’s not like I would tell you my real name. No there is to much power behind that name. I guess you can call me Branden Linton. Though others prefer the moniker Cubethulhu. I have descended down to the pit known as London for one purpose and one purpose only. In due time you may find out the true secret behind my quest. Until then we shall indulge in such dull and dreary things as the lack of weather and good wine. If you have need for me I can be located at my room at the Brass Embassy. Prehaps our paths will cross again my friend until then I bid teh ado.

(A bit of out of character real quick. I have ideas for a game of my own that I have been slowly working on. If anyone has any experience please contact me. I would love to get this thing out of the gate.)

Well, good evening! Mario from Italy here. I’m quite green, I just about started playing ^^

Well met by Neathlight, Exceptional Friends. In the Neath I’m Calico Jack, a magnificent bastard with a distinct lack of scruples. In real life, I’m a scriptwriting student and general nerd culture enthusiast. I have a Twitter, it’s @_Calico_Jack and a videogame reiew blog over at buythatgame.wordpress.com

Hello! I’ve been playing echo bazaar since the summer, when I got completely hooked. I like to read, paint, and watch a ridiculous amount of television in real life.

In the Neath, I’m an observant and intriguing lady living above a bookshop and consorting a little too closely with devils for society’s liking. Not that most of them can talk.
edited by unusualdemoness on 12/20/2011

My name is HikaruYami, and I would like to be addressed as such on this forum, but my character is codetaku (named for its twitter–when I made the character, I’m uncertain whether I had the opportunity to pick a different name. This was quite some time ago!), a lady dedicated to perfection at all costs. She can’t be wrong, she can’t be slow, and she can’t miss out on anything–which is why she currently has a +37 net modifier to her stats, currently only missing the legendary Overgoat from her collection.

In real life, I’m a mild-mannered (but male) MIT student. This game is fun, and I’ve been an exceptional friend a few times, but I don’t have need to go back to that unless content starts getting ahead of me again.
edited by HikaruYami on 12/20/2011

Good evening. My name is William. I enjoy fine dining, vodka, honesty, and philosophy. I also enjoy Alexis for helping me fix a problem with my account. I dislike nightmares.

Hello out there!

I’m Rebecca, a college student from California (studying physics)! I’ve been playing ebz for about a year (off and on, but now I check it almost daily…).

I love ebz for its fun, unique setting where the imagination can run wild. I love how your various gameplay choices help you realize just who your character is. I love how the game’s authors don’t assume players are heterosexual males.

[edited to add my concentration, gotta represent STEM on here among you delicious humanities types]
edited by sistermelanie on 12/20/2011

My name is Michael, I’ve been playin EB for something like 2 years… I’ve recently restarted my character to receive the full updated experience…
In my private life I am the founder of a small indie games studio called Loadingames.
I love EBZ for it’s writing. I’ve never found any game like it.

Greetings.
I am Nagato-01, a sinisterly magnificent gentleman. Currently, I can be found lurking in the Flit, or enjoying my premises at the Bazaar. It can get slightly dreary, constantly staking out one’s targets, and organizing robberies to distract the neddy men, but one does what one must.
In real life (Who plays that game anyway?), I am a student, nerd, general lurker, and a writer who loves dabbling with fanfiction. I specialize in science fiction, with a tad of cosmic horror and romance.

Hello there! I’m yaseanne, an inescapable, sagacious, terrifying and lethal lady. I’ve been exploring the Neath for about a year, collecting monsters and seeking names.
In the real world, I’m a bookbinder with an affinity for rare books and music.
If you’d like to add me on Twitter (and you are very welcome to do so), I’m TheMayKat.

“Good evening, fellow Fallen Londoners. It is a pleasure to see you all gathered here to discuss the latest gossip and news. But where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself: my name is Radovic, pleased to meet you all. Maybe some of you know me, tough I am a fresh face here in town? I’ve become a regular client at the Singing Mandrake over the last several weeks since I first arrived…”

My real name is Radu, and I like jazz music, playing guitar, computer gaming, programming, horror literature, snowboarding, EB… and the list could go on. This forum is a really good idea! I bet I will start spending quite some time around…

Evenin’, ladies and gents and those who are yet to make up their minds. I hope we’re all keeping well.

You can call me Lily, or Lils, or ‘oi, wench’ if you’re feeling brave enough. I’m on my second EBZ character thanks to changing Twitter accounts (oh, my old lost Zubmarine, how I miss thee!) and clawing my way up the ranks in various subterranean communities. Including this one, it seems.

If you care to know any more, I’ll answer any question you ask. For now, let’s see what else there is around here…

Evening Fallen Londoners. Is it evening? I’m afraid I’ve completely lost track of time at this point. You may call me Kirranos after the fallen londoner I myself take charge of. He is a charming man who prides himself on sampling everything the neath has to offer, pleasurable or no. It is his quest to leave no stone unturned, no dish untasted, no person unpleasured. I have been playing for quite a while at this point and am willing to answer any questions those of you who are less experienced care to ask. Some of them I may even know the answer to!

Good evening all. I originally did not plan on making a formal introduction to you all, but I found myself with some unanswered question.

I am Boyd Cantigaster, and I have not read most of the introductions before me. and yet there are those of you who are kind enough to read mine. I do not deserve you.

I wish to create a thread to discuss the Game of Knife and Candle, as I do miss it so, but am unable to decide where it should go.

It’s not quite discussion of in game stories and secrets, as I believe the Salon is for, and it’s not quite a discussion of the rp-ers among us.
I suppose I’m not even entirely sure what one would say on the topic.

Also I noticed a lack of ‘general chat’. I do not mean the surface, I just mean a place for forumites to discuss anything really, without much fear of derailing a thread, as that’s what it’s for.
It always proved to be an active thread on my home forum of mspaforums.com where I am actually referring to only one of the subforums that I frequent. and in that subforum it had it’s own general chat, that only really the people who frequented it used, to both discuss content produced in the subforum, and just everyday affairs.

…suddenly I feel as though I have been rambling far too long, and that none of what I have been saying is sensible in the least.

Good day delicious friends, I will probably not see you again until a month from now, when I return to see how this forum has settled in on itself. Rarely can one tell what a forum will become within the first few days of its creation.

Good Day.
edited by TheBoyd on 12/20/2011

Evening! I’m Dana, based in London above when not in Fallen London. I got into EBZ a while back and have been enjoying learning Correspondence that makes my eyes bleed, creating a menagerie that started with my dearest Tigress, chasing dreams, the Name, and conversing with my collection of counterfeit heads of John the Baptist, of which I’m quite fond.

I like books to the extent my room has been eaten by them, tea, ink, metal to sculpt and puns.

Greetings, fellow denizens of the 'neath. I am Katarina Navane, or Katherine Navane if you prefer. I discovered ebz when Extra Credits mentioned it in their episode on “non-combat gaming” and have been playing ever since.

In the surface world, I am an artist and steampunk aficionado.

For interested parties you can view my artworks here: http://katarinanavane.deviantart.com/
I work in a variety of media but common threads include a dark steampunk aesthetic and obsession with minute detail. Most of my two dimensional works are Artist Trading Cards, works of a standard 2 1/2" by 3 1/2" size meant to be traded with other artists. Most of my three dimensional works are compiled into a dense and surreal cabinet of curiosities which while temporarily housed in an art gallery (for my thesis show) now resides in the bedroom of my apartment.

Balthasar Burblings, gentle friends, is my undistinguished name. I appear to have been knocking around the Neath for a couple of years, and have found my way to a modicum of success if not notoriety. Publisher, untermariner, exponent of the noble sport of venery and of the duel, I have been all these, and hope to broaden my horizons still further in the future. I see Fallen London as my spiritual home.

I have a tenuous connection with an unemployed idiot on the surface who answers to the name of Zander.

Greetings distinguished gentlefolk and ladies, I am Dr Ramius Tssha (link), a learned gentleman of uncertain national heritage (possibly european…possibly…) and denizen of Fallen London. My interests include writing thought provoking and exciting literature, uncovering the mysteries of this fascinating place and getting involved in momentous events. I am a hunter of knowledge and a hoarder of secrets, but I am willing to share if one will trade in kind. In particular, I am looking for knowledge of anything relating to The Correspondence. If you know anything, please feel free to tell me. I tend to sleep well at night thanks to liberal libations from the Refreshment Tent at Mrs Plenty’s Carnival. I keep myself hungry…for knowledge, yes…to stay motivated to uncover the secrets of this fascinating place. I’ll learn anything, I care not about the cost.

Really, if you are interested in sharing secrets with me (and me responding in kind), please follow me. @DrTssha

In real life I go by Gavin and am a student of Philosophy. I am also an exceptional friend and find it’s the only way to get my Echo Bazaar fix. My aspirations are professional fiction writing, acting, singing, and as a fallback, a career in law and politics.

Good Evening!

I am Lord Kettell - Gentleman, Monster Hunter, Intellectual, Detective, Fighter, Lover, Artist, Zee Captain, Explorer, Devil Beater, as well as Master Thief, Revolutionary Leader and the Downfall of the Masters! (Perhaps you should ignore that last part…) Regardless, when the fires of the Revolution burn down this wretched place and my machines lift London back to the surface you will know who to blame - or thank.

S.Kettell

Hello Friends, Delicious and Otherwise!

I’m StrikeTheViol, obsessive completist and occasional roleplayer. My surface alter-ego is Blake, from New York. As a unity, we enjoy solving mysteries and welcome inquiries of all sorts.