The Fruits of the Zee festival begins!

[quote=Winthropx]

Since it sounds like people lost it after turning it in, I’m guessing I had a bug where it was never taken from me. That’s how I ended up with both.[/quote]

When I asked about it on Discord, the other players specifically stated that you’re only supposed to have one or the other, not both. Then again, I have heard about how people managed to get two Viscount collars, so various glitches and bugs may appear that may let someone to get both. You must just have very good luck!

[quote=The Curious Watcher][quote=Winthropx]

Since it sounds like people lost it after turning it in, I’m guessing I had a bug where it was never taken from me. That’s how I ended up with both.[/quote]

When I asked about it on Discord, the other players specifically stated that you’re only supposed to have one or the other, not both. Then again, I have heard about how people managed to get two Viscount collars, so various glitches and bugs may appear that may let someone to get both. You must just have very good luck![/quote]

It seems like it!

[quote=Winthropx][quote=The Curious Watcher][quote=Winthropx]

When I asked about it on Discord, the other players specifically stated that you’re only supposed to have one or the other, not both. Then again, I have heard about how people managed to get two Viscount collars, so various glitches and bugs may appear that may let someone to get both. You must just have very good luck![/quote]

It seems like it![/quote]

Well, the text from the cove reads:
A Switching of Collars
Strange tides reach Mutton Island. Perhaps you have acquired something you do not want. Perhaps you’d prefer to toss it to the zee and see what washes up in its place.
This will exchange the Viscount’s Collar for the Viscountess’ should you wish. You can only have one collar, as any cat will tell you: a collar is a personal thing.
edited by Snort on 8/17/2020

I got both collars from setting them together again. I’m not sure where the switch comes from.[/quote]

Oh - and I made the opposite choice, and still got the opportunity to swap.

I got both collars from setting them together again. I’m not sure where the switch comes from.[/quote]

Oh - and I made the opposite choice, and still got the opportunity to swap.[/quote]

AND … I just got the opportunity to switch back again. So, what do I want more, mithridacy or glasswork?

Mithridacy, it’s a complete no-brainer at this point. The glasswork you can get any time if you haven’t already.

Unless you have the Light fingers/Lost and found item for the slot, I guess.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 8/17/2020

[quote=Tsar Koschei]Mithridacy, it’s a complete no-brainer at this point. The glasswork you can get any time if you haven’t already.

Unless you have the Light fingers/Lost and found item for the slot, I guess.
edited by Tsar Koschei on 8/17/2020[/quote]

Thanks,

I’ve just had Strange Catch 6 translated into 22 Picking through the Cove; the formula listed on the Wiki can’t be right, then, can it? It would predict 6 Catch becoming 12-14 Picking Through the Cove.

[quote=Jack Vaux-Harrowden]I’ve just had Strange Catch 6 translated into 22 Picking through the Cove; the formula listed on the Wiki can’t be right, then, can it? It would predict 6 Catch becoming 12-14 Picking Through the Cove.[/quote]Check the formula listed again, apparently it’s actually a range of 2x+2 to 4x, which tracks with your result (x=6 -> 14-24 range).

What happens if you persuade her to leave him?

You get the Viscount’s Collar back.

Oh grud, the Sights at the Festival RNG rolls. Uuuuuurrgggh.

I want an option where my character goes berserk and slaps people with the Strange Catch just to get to Mrs. Plenty.

Reduced Strange Catch level, but please, just let my character get to her.
edited by Rostygold on 8/18/2020

Y’know, the way that outfit-locking was originally implemented, the Viscountess’ collar would have actually been kinda nice. There’s currently no shortage of +Glasswork clothing items, but one that gives Dangerous would have been ideal for Parabolan Hunting.

[quote=Rostygold]Oh grud, the Sights at the Festival RNG rolls. Uuuuuurrgggh.

I want an option where my character goes berserk and slaps people with the Strange Catch just to get to Mrs. Plenty.

Reduced Strange Catch level, but please, just let my character get to her.[/quote]I hear you. At least I’ve been VERY lucky with my picking rolls so far, with every catch landing on an item I was hoping to get. Still, even with no misses… so much faffing about with drownies and other nonsense as the menaces pile up.

I have all the items I needed now, could still go for the crown but I’m a little tempted to just cut my losses before my luck runs out.

Isn’t the event, like, 2 weeks long? You could simply go to your camp, eradicate menaces, then return.

My characters could have been doing something else with those Action points rather than spending them on carousels with outcomes that are ultimately RNG-dependent.

Just look at the subranges of Picking through the Cove for getting the items. &quot18 to 20&quot. &quot26 to 28&quot. Ugh!

I just hope to finish this today and forget as summer nightmare. Little story and couple of items are nice, but RNG and EpA…

About the Heart’s Desire discussion:
The point, at least for me, is, that "A Dream of Truth-Strangling " is an optional item that you can get during the Ambition. Since you’ll need an Ray-Drenched Cinder (e.g. 5 Eyeless Skulls) it’s a horrible 1-2 week grind with alot of rng that can’t be solved/shortened by throwing Echoes on the problem. So I’m a little disapointed by a “easy to grap” season item that offers the same (important) stat.

This item is fine for any non-HD players, but for HD it feels a little… disapointing.

so i just had my nightmare rise too high and lost almost 4 chagne points of watchful and persuasive. from 215. meaning i’ll need to recap which means re gridning my way back to notability 15. this is horrendous, and it’s all because of the rng where i literally couldn’t get the correct set of wreckers cove. god…

[quote=Aro Saren]Isn’t the event, like, 2 weeks long? You could simply go to your camp, eradicate menaces, then return.[/quote]Sure, it’s just a whole bunch of wasted actions and I want it to be over and done with as soon as possible. Trying to snipe the right picking value for this last item is a pain in the neck.

[quote=Anagram]so i just had my nightmare rise too high and lost almost 4 chagne points of watchful and persuasive. from 215. meaning i’ll need to recap which means re gridning my way back to notability 15. this is horrendous, and it’s all because of the rng where i literally couldn’t get the correct set of wreckers cove. god…[/quote]To be fair, you should have taken a break before it came to that. It’s not like you were stuck in the festival storylet.